Restless legs help.

Thatgirlnot

Greenlighter
Does anyone have anything they can share that helps with restless legs please as I’m at the point where I’d happily chop them off 😭
I’m spending my nights aching and thrashing my legs around and it’s driving my crazy.
I’m over. 3 weeks into a withdrawal from Dhydrocodeine where I was taking maybe 10 a day.
I got thought the shits, shakes, sweats, shivers, anxious like I wanted to be dead stuff but this is not shifting.
I’ve had 11md zopiclone to try help me sleep and some melatonin but I still can’t sleep. I can take more but I don’t want to as I want to get off these too but was staggering stopping.
Is there anything I can do? I’ve taken magnesium and I know about quinine but now available right now. I’ve stretched, walked etc but the little shits are still there with a mind of their own 😩
Anything else I can try? Thanks

I used Hyland's Restful Legs PM. Homeopathic acacia gum with a number of ingredients. It seemed to help. Best of luck.

Thanks will definitely look into it. I’ve just had another sleeping tablet and a banana but I can’t keep taking these and I’m burning through my supply and fear going into withdrawal from them if I do.
How long does it usually take to get better and the restless legs stop. Am I making it worse with the Zopiclone. I’ve been on sleep meds for years and can take a lot when I have them in plentiful supply, but equally when I’m down to a few a 7.5mg will help me grab a few hours. I think it’s Psychosomatic at this point. I don’t think it’s the tablets, more the action of taking one if that makes sense. Like if I don’t have one I know I won’t sleep, having one is therefore crucial. I just don’t think I can start getting off the sleepers until the restless legs go away.

Thanks for reading my early hours, no sleep rambling.

I have been having restless leg syndrome (RLS) since I was 16 years old. I've tried countless supplements ranging from iron, magnesium, etc. Nothing really worked.

I have been using compression socks for many years, and they are a lifesaver. If you don't already use compression socks, give them a try. I wore them all day (remove them when I'm about to take a nap).

Does anyone have anything they can share that helps with restless legs please as I’m at the point where I’d happily chop them off 😭
I’m spending my nights aching and thrashing my legs around and it’s driving my crazy.
I’m over. 3 weeks into a withdrawal from Dhydrocodeine where I was taking maybe 10 a day.
I got thought the shits, shakes, sweats, shivers, anxious like I wanted to be dead stuff but this is not shifting.
I’ve had 11md zopiclone to try help me sleep and some melatonin but I still can’t sleep. I can take more but I don’t want to as I want to get off these too but was staggering stopping.
Is there anything I can do? I’ve taken magnesium and I know about quinine but now available right now. I’ve stretched, walked etc but the little shits are still there with a mind of their own 😩
Omg! You are me right now! It is awful! What I do: make sure to take your magnesium, I take a 100 mg iron pill ( low iron causes this also): then an extra strength Tylenol, 222, or perc. whatever best pain killer you have in the tiggle trunk. Plus a few back leg stretches before bed always helps too, but will not work alone. Magnesium + iron + painkiller. Done!!🤗🤗🤗

I talk about this all the time but black seed oil can help a lot with opioid withdrawal, it tickles the mu-opioid receptor. There's also kratom as an option, you'd be potentially trading addictions but maybe not, I mean it's much lighter than a pharm opioid.

Magnesium glycinate, Flexeril and Hydroxizine can help. Flexeril is a muscle relaxer, Hydroxizine is similar to Diphenhydramine (Benadryl), but much stronger and I don't believe has the side effect of restless legs that DPH has. The shit will knock you out unbelievably hard though. It's like, a "benzo alternative" in a sense. I took it for a little while, it was alright. Relaxing but ultimately extremely sedative. But seriously, consider the black seed oil.

I have been having restless leg syndrome (RLS) since I was 16 years old. I've tried countless supplements ranging from iron, magnesium, etc. Nothing really worked.

I have been using compression socks for many years, and they are a lifesaver. If you don't already use compression socks, give them a try. I wore them all day (remove them when I'm about to take a nap).

I get RLS from chronic pain/chronic illness/ nerve damage. The compression socks work, but when I’m sleeping I prefer my weighted blanket :) works like a charm. Helps my anxiety, too, and my POTS

I always found if I had RLS curling up into a ball kind of helped too. I was hospitalized last September for a day over mental health concerns with no access to my meds or kratom which I take daily, and by 1am I was in agony. My legs not only hurt from sitting for 12 hours, but the RLS. They promised me my Diazepam and never delivered, it would've really helped. Curling up my legs was seemingly all I could do. It wasn't extreme, I mean I'd only missed a day, but still, it did not feel good. I recall in heavier kratom withdrawal this being a huge problem though, I'd get restless legs, arms, head, everything. The right strain of weed helped a lot, some I got from my brother. The stuff I had at the time exacerbated all my withdrawal symptoms.

I get RLS from chronic pain/chronic illness/ nerve damage. The compression socks work, but when I’m sleeping I prefer my weighted blanket :) works like a charm. Helps my anxiety, too, and my POTS

Never tried weighted blanket. My RLS usually gets easy once I’m on bed (so I rarely get sleep disturbances due to RLS). But my dad has RLS also (so I guess my RLS is genetic). I’ve discovered compression socks by accident when I was 16; immensely improved my quality of life. I also have ADHD and ASD so RLS with ADHD is a total nightmare. I guess compression socks very mildly increase blood pressure so that just makes me little concerned given my chronic stimulant use for ADHD. I guess that wouldn’t be a significant issue.

Gabapentin girl
I take 300 mg Lyrica every night, for fibromyalgia. I’m prescribed 800 mg gabapentin 2x/daily but I rarely take it that much, maybe 1 in the afternoon if it’s a high pain day (also have 2 herniated discs in the lumbar region, I got back surgery but it didn’t help.) also have pain from other things and gabapentin is all they will prescribe, so I self-medicate with kratom.

Nice hot bath then go to bed and use a weighted blanket .
Hope it goes away soon for you that is the worst symptom for me when coming off pills . You really do start to feel crazy .

Gabapentin is a life saver for me when it comes to restless legs. Id suggest hitting your doctor up for that. Works even better then z drugs or benzzos imo
Actually both my parents take this and have loads they don’t talke. They’re 100mg or 300mg capsules, what dosage is required as a minimum. I’m really mindful about swapping one problem for another though and my doctors are unlikely to care to help, even if I could get an appointment within the next 3 months!

Nice hot bath then go to bed and use a weighted blanket .
Hope it goes away soon for you that is the worst symptom for me when coming off pills . You really do start to feel crazy .
Do you have any idea how long it lasts? Thanks 😊

Honestly I never made it past day 3 .. went to Kratom and I'm still on that unfortunately