• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Rest In Peace, Nurse Ratched

This is some truly devastating news to break guys. I have just spoken with her mother on the phone. @Nurse Ratched passed away last Saturday. She was like a distant online mother to me. I'm utterly heartbroken. We haven't seen a BL staff member as helpful, thorough, and hard working as her in a very long time. She had a tough battle with leukemia and ultimately fell to congestive heart failure. I know she was greatly loved by so many, and she will be missed by a great number of us.

I'm personally greatly distressed that there wasn't more I said to her in the past couple months. I wish I could've said how much I loved her and how much she inspired and supported me through my own personal trouble. She had her struggles with addiction in the past, but made an amazing recovery and put in a ton of work and her own free time towards helping other people struggling with mental health and substance abuse issues. This should inspire all of us.

I will be saying some prayers for her. Rest in Peace, you will be greatly missed ❤️❤️💔💔💕

June 2, 1958 - November 11, 2023
Unbelievable. I just lost my mother last Friday and now, after an absence on BL, I log on to find this distressing, sad news. Nurse Ratched ALWAYS replied after one of my posts. It didn't matter what I was venting about, she had the ability to make me feel seen and heard. And that is more than enough sometimes.
I did not know her intimately. But she had a way of making me feel like I was a friend, nonetheless. SO FUCKING SORRY:(

Rest in Peace Claire ❤️
You were such a unique and incredible person.
One of the wisest, most 'no-bullshit' people I've ever met.
I'll be back when I'm ready to write everything that I want to say here.

Just now seeing this, an unbelievable loss for her family and her online one.
You have done great things in this community that they will never forget.
You will be missed here online and at home. Hopefully, you are in a better place now. R.I.P. ♥️

When I was grappling with my recovery from Invega, her positive encouragement was a real lifeline. She always had the right words and that amazing ability to lift my spirits when things felt heavy. Nurse Ratched has been such a positive force in my journey, and I can't thank her enough. She'll always be remembered for the good she done and the hearts she has touched.

Thanks for everything, Nurse Ratched <3. I hope this message gets to you in heaven.

It's funny when I first started coming in here I remember she had this way of being encouraging and intrusive. Without making me feel attacked she could simultaneously discouraging me from continuing whatever reason actually brought you on here . Without that you will not I would have probably died of sepsis years ago if not for her.

Well this comes as a bad surprise. I haven't been around on here for long so I wasn't actually aware she had health issues. We had some really nice chats ; she seemed like a very kind person. :(

RIP Nurse Ratched.
Only now do I notice the site in Black and her familiar name. What a tragic event, God.
She was just fantastic, she was allways on point, more experienced than most but never paternalist. Very helpful and supportive person.
I really liked her a lot, just like 99% of us I think. She will be so missed.
May her Rest In Peace

This won’t do what I feel justice but I gotta say something.. I’ve been gone for awhile and upon returning was hit face first with this tragic news.

Never have I felt the loss more of someone I met online than I do right now. As many have said, she took no shit and that I respected greatly. She single handedly kept the riff raff quiet on this site and I used to think what would ever happen if we lost her. How would we cope? Well that bitter cold time is upon us, as frigid as the snowy MI winters.

I don’t think it’s fully sunk in yet. I cry but yet feel numb. I kick myself for not going to see her when I could have. I wish I had known she was sick, I know that feeling all too well. But Nurse was hard AF, she wouldn’t want anyone to worry and wouldn’t have it any other way. And that I can relate to as well. She embodied the wounded warrior, helping others until her last breath I’m sure of it.

BL lost a legend, her words and support will stay with me for a lifetime. Goodbye.. For now.

-GC

We may of had just met, but you were always someone to look up to, an inspiration for us all, the one to head to for advice💜. You will be dearly missed by us all.

Rest in peace🖤.