Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Rest In Peace, Nurse Ratched

deficiT

Sr. Moderator: NSADD, DC, & TDS
Staff member
This is some truly devastating news to break guys. I have just spoken with her mother on the phone. @Nurse Ratched passed away last Saturday. She was like a distant online mother to me. I'm utterly heartbroken. We haven't seen a BL staff member as helpful, thorough, and hard working as her in a very long time. She had a tough battle with leukemia and ultimately fell to congestive heart failure. I know she was greatly loved by so many, and she will be missed by a great number of us.

I'm personally greatly distressed that there wasn't more I said to her in the past couple months. I wish I could've said how much I loved her and how much she inspired and supported me through my own personal trouble. She had her struggles with addiction in the past, but made an amazing recovery and put in a ton of work and her own free time towards helping other people struggling with mental health and substance abuse issues. This should inspire all of us.

I will be saying some prayers for her. Rest in Peace, you will be greatly missed ❤️❤️💔💔💕

June 2, 1958 - November 11, 2023

Last edited:
Nurse, or as I still remember her, Pumpkin, was one of the most hardworking and compassionate people I've ever met here on Bluelight. Me and her used to check in with each other every single morning, bright and early. So I had a horrible feeling come over me when I realized she hadn't checked in for over a week, knowing her recent health struggles.

She was so down to earth. I wanted so much to spend a summer up there by the lake with her one day.

I don't even know what else to say right now. I feel sick.

Rest in peace, Claire. We love you. 💜

What!!?! That's terrible news.

She was one of my favorite staff members here :( Incredibly kind, compassionate & understanding woman!

Not what I wanted to see on here today!
Had no idea about the leukemia either. Takes a tough person to go through that.

My condolences to her family. I'm so sorry!
Her presence here will absolutely be missed, but definitely not forgotten. <3
At a loss for words. Rest in Peace Nurse! :(

Im still not sure if this is a joke but if not then its a huge loss to the dark side and mental health community. Her light shone there where it needed to.

May she rest in peace

Im still not sure if this is a joke but if not then its a huge loss to the dark side and mental health community. Her light shone there where it needed to.

May she rest in peace
I wouldn't joke like that :/ I really talked to her mother. It is a devastating loss, she was great in every position she volunteered for.

I didn't want to believe it either though. It's heartbreaking.

fuck!:(:(:(one of my favorite persons here.Great person indeed.Forever in my heart!Rest in peace!!!:heart3:

Last edited:
RIP. Your dedication and understanding of those in dark places won't soon be forgotten.

You meant more to me than you knew, and I hate that I presumed there'd be more time to connect with you. I love you, and I will never forget you.