• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Research Says Sublingual Salvinorin A Doesn’t Work..

Indigenous people getting high for centuries using sublingual administration...

*Western scientists*: no no no. You are all wrong. Look here at this piece of paper I have, it says you aren't tripping!

🙄
recent mexican shamanism is embedded in local christian culture mixed with indigenous traditions and is no older than 400 years - basically since Europeans Invaded and crushed the previous societies.
I doubt that there is no resentment against the White Man - imperialist conqueror...
Then comes along a few White Ethologists and Natural medicine researchers so what do you do as the local shaman?
"a story of extraction, cultural appropriation, bioprospecting, and colonization."
We must seriously consider the very high regard for the Trickster is being ignored here in the story of what. the shaman is the trickster as well as being the medicine man/woman.
MarĂ­a Sabina Magdalena GarcĂ­a who introduced Salvia Divinorum to the Whities was very likely playing a benign trick on the group when introducing them to the quidding method which produces a green drooling mess while causing no particular harm in any way. Then indicating that smoking is an insult to the spirits she tricks their fears against smoking ensuring that any time they use salvia they drool green slime which is quite goofy.

I would say that in the thousands of years before the imperial invasions that salvia divinorum was both eaten and smoked for different purposes and that the secrets about that are partially erased by the invasion and efforts to eradicate the pre-existing culture.

I bet foxy Maria Sabina, shaman and trickster, was laughing her head off. at the goofy drooling white "scientists" and all of us

recent mexican shamanism is embedded in local christian culture mixed with indigenous traditions and is no older than 400 years - basically since Europeans Invaded and crushed the previous societies.
I doubt that there is no resentment against the White Man - imperialist conqueror...
Then comes along a few White Ethologists and Natural medicine researchers so what do you do as the local shaman?

We must seriously consider the very high regard for the Trickster is being ignored here in the story of what. the shaman is the trickster as well as being the medicine man/woman.
MarĂ­a Sabina Magdalena GarcĂ­a who introduced Salvia Divinorum to the Whities was very likely playing a benign trick on the group when introducing them to the quidding method which produces a green drooling mess while causing no particular harm in any way. Then indicating that smoking is an insult to the spirits she tricks their fears against smoking ensuring that any time they use salvia they drool green slime which is quite goofy.

I would say that in the thousands of years before the imperial invasions that salvia divinorum was both eaten and smoked for different purposes and that the secrets about that are partially erased by the invasion and efforts to eradicate the pre-existing culture.

I bet foxy Maria Sabina, shaman and trickster, was laughing her head off. at the goofy drooling white "scientists" and all of us

But we've got people reporting here that it works? Is there really any doubt that it doesn't?

And it doesn't seem too outlandish to think it was traditionally used sublingually given the region has a history of using drugs sublingually ie coca leaves?

I don't doubt there are shamans that fucked with westerners. Still is! But I don't think that's what's going on here.

I also highly doubt this traditional quid use is a “trick.” I also believe people’s experience quidding fresh leaf.

I think instead of going down some trickster rabbit hole we look at what anecdotal reports keep telling us… The fresh leaves seem to be much more active sublingual/buccal than dried ones or extract. Traditional use involves fresh leaves. I’m willing to bet there’s a substance in the fresh that helps improve bioavailability in some way.

Isolated Salvinorin A should almost be considered a different drug to fresh leaf. Just how we view isolated cocaine compared to coca leaf, two very different things.

-GC

I have quidded as well - yes it works but it is a foolish waste of material and it really looks ridiculous when green slime slides out of your face.
trickster is at play here.
native people have more dignity that you might imagine, and it is just a small trick to play on the white guys who wont ever know any better.