• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Research Chemical News - Five teenagers charged with murder

I am sorry that this girl died and may she rest in peace; but why are her parents shocked that she would and did take a drug, or probably had taken other drugs besides this one?

I feel bad for teenagers in highschool, and young adults in college today who use drugs since there are even more RCs being sold as acid or other drugs these days.

The comments on the high times article were amusing.

Given with how drug laws are these days and the fact she died I think it's safe to assume that the people who they mentioned in the article who they want to bring charges on might be screwed. Or they may put all sort of other charges on them if they used text, email, made phone calls, etc. to sell drugs. But I do agree that it's not like they forced her to take it as she made the choice to do this.

Charging someone who sold drugs to a victim of a drug overdose for murder is obviously bullshit beyond words but I wonder what people would think about it as a legal tactic if the War on Drugs was officially ended and all drugs were decriminalized and that was really the only way to regulate the sale of drugs that are really harmful and did have a tendency to produce death as a nasty little side-effect quite often. If that were the case, I suppose I wouldn't disagree with someone being charged with murder for supplying an exceptionally dangerous drug or misrepresenting that drug as another.

But even so, charging a teenager with murder when all they did was sell drugs? The current legal system in this country is absolutely blood-thirsty.

Tom Fitzgerald said, struggling to understand how Tara, a happy overachiever, could have taken synthetic LSD
Why wouldn't she take it, we really need to loose the naive outdated mentality that only bad kids do drugs. All it does is make parents more oblivious to their kids drug use. When I was in high school some of the biggest stoners in the entire school were A/B honer students. Also STOP CALLING IT FUCKING SYNTHETIC LSD, how hard is it for these journalists to do a fucking one second google search.

“We think there’s a moral obligation to keep kids free of drugs,” said Orput, visibly angry at the ongoing exchanges of deadly controlled substances throughout the metro area. “We’re sending a message that suppliers will be held fully to account.”
Better yet lets just execute these kids because that method has sure done wonders to help fix China's and Thailand's drug problem.8) It's such bullshit that there is no such thing as personal responsibility anymore. I have done way more than my fair share of varies drugs and if I were to have died it would of been my own damn fault and I sure as hell would not of wanted some one else's life destroyed for something I chose to do. We need to start giving our kids real drug education rather than digging for a fire.

absolutely not. RCs are pretty much never discussed or really known much of.
What about all those rappers on methylone?

My joke about "N-Bomb" not catching on sooner because the suburban white kids don't want their friends thinking they're partying with African Americans (was obviously not funny if it needs to be explained, but) follows this reasoning:

F-Bomb -> F-Word
N-Bomb -> N-Word

GET IT?!

what these kids did was wrong (selling a dangerous drug as a physically benign one, never heard of a LSD OD) but murder is way too trumped up a charge.

^ wonder if these kids being charged even knew it was 25xNBOMe they had and not LSD. Can't tell you how many people who sell " acid" and they honestly beleive it, but it's always 25b-NBOMe. It's sad and maddeningly unsafe but in my area it's common practice and few people know better. These are educated middle class young adults in college and such. So sad...