View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[RESEARCH] Brief (3-5 minutes) survey regarding 2C-E experiences

LSDTherapy

Greenlighter
I am a PhD student and am conducting a mixed-methods (survey, interviews, textual analysis) study on 2C-E. I would like to obtain more responses for the survey portion.

If you have experience with this under-studied compound, your input would be much appreciated. Thank you very much!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HZ2VYJG

I will post the results at a later date.

PS: A sincere thank you to all Bluelight denizens...as a lurker, I learned a great deal from you all during my early days of psychnoautic exploration.

EDIT 4/26: The survey is now closed. Results will be posted soon!

EDIT 5/30: Here are the basic summary results from the survey. The first image shows the raw response counts for each question with the median bolded and the mode italicized. The second image is a bar graph of the mean response values. Apologies for the delay in sharing this with you all. I'll be posting further analysis of the data within the next few days.

HLSchzG.png

DLKXK5F.png

Last edited:
Feel free to ask any questions via pm.
I will ad that 2ce gives me really bad runny poops...the only downside to this wonderful chemical.

Thanks for the reply! I would love to chime in with my own thoughts regarding 2C-E, but it will have to wait until I close the survey so that I don't inadvertently color the results.

It is hard to enter subjective or ranged answers for first two questions.
I cannot put a defined number but did the best i could

It is hard to enter subjective or ranged answers for first two questions.
I cannot put a defined number but did the best i could

I have it set to force a single number answer to keep it consistent with other administrations. However, for future surveys, it could indeed be helpful to add text that makes it clear that giving an estimate is fine/expected. Thanks for the feedback!

A Trip with 2C-E

Day 1

500 µg, sublingual.
I feel refreshed after a good night sleep. I eat a big bowl of oatmeal and take the city bus to S. It’s sunny with scattered clouds, 22°C.
10:40- After the bus ride, ingestion takes place in a fast food restaurant parking lot, then I set up for hitchhiking. I lift my little sing and instantly a nice couple gives me a ride to lake W right where the trail begins.
12:20- I am hungry and have lunch in the woods on my way to lake C. I feel the energetic effect of 2C-E. The three hours walk is easy and seems to be shorter than usual. I’m very calm and centered. Nature is beautiful.
15:30- Relaxing in the tent at lake C, I almost fell asleep.
17:30- After a quick dip in the crystal clear emerald waters, I fix a dinner consisting of dried meat and vegetable couscous that goes down easily. It is very calm by the lake.
22:00- After contemplating the stars, I’m ready to sleep. It was a very fine day, everything flowed easily.

Day 2

10 mg, dissolved in a cup of water.
At 08:00, some noise outside woke me up. I thought it was a squirrel but a big black bear was foraging 20 feet from the tent! I slept like a log 9 hours. After a dip and a good breakfast, I lied down to read Konrad Lorenz.
12:30- Ingestion, no lunch, taste is awful. It’s windy with some clouds, 21°C. I feel like I spent a month here, very aware of my primitive survival built in programs.
13:24- While I took photographs, suddenly the 2C-E hit my synapses. It’s still subtle without any physiological disturbances. I’m in an introspective mood.
13:57- The coming up is nice and even. The visuals blend beautifully with natural patterns and textures. I’m sitting quietly by the lake, looking at the ever-changing drifting cumulus and gazing at the sparkling water.
14:10- I’m lying down in the tent with eyeshades for a while exploring inner space. It’s purely abstract, devoid of any alien entities like on tryptamines. As there is no personal or familiar content, I can’t really say anything about it.
It’s my first full blown 2C-E trip since last fall. I sure learn a lot about this substance through the occasional use of micro doses during the last six months.
I feel more comfortable and at home here than in my city apartment.
14:50- Not in an introspective mood anymore, I open up to nature. In a very soft way I experience total synaesthesia. I feel healthy, calm and centered; quite remote from civilization.
15:20- I ‘m on the plateau now, a little bit febrile but calm at the same time and clear headed. I’m totally immersed in the Tao flow. If I let go, my ego dissolve easily. Writing notes is fun and easy. Visuals are great; eyes closed or open, there is no difference. What we call reality is just a mental construction based on the objective world.
16:15- I go for a dip in the lake with a loon family fishing nearby. The water is sparkling, sparkling, sparkling! The huge cumulus clouds are very alive and overactive. Snorkelling is spectacular, hyperventilation adds to the effects. Lying in the sun naked is very relaxing.
17:00- Appetite is building up so I start cooking dinner. I’m in a state of quiet euphoria, very powerful and subtle at the same time. I blend in the surrounding nature.
20:36- I’m in the tent relaxing after a good meal and a sunset dip. The visuals are extremely colourful with the candlelight. This is total bliss, a very slow coming down without any trace of discomfort, headache or psychological tiredness. Pure brain candy!
22:00- I’m sinking in a sea of paisley. Occasionally, I reach the shore of a surrealistic island and I dive back into the vastness of the Unknown again. It’s so quiet outside, no wind, only the chant of crickets and the frogs. Sometimes the loons and the owls go crazy.
It’s a very earthy trip, no sense of being in an alien world or experiencing the effects of a synthetic compound. I went down to the core of what a human being is. I feel that I saw the blue print of everything we know, an echo of the structures of our perceptual apparatus. This is paradise, eternity in the moment.

Day 3

After a good night sleep, I spent a quiet morning by the lake swimming and reading, weather is perfect. I felt refreshed without any aftereffect other than an ecstatic afterglow. Yesterday, the 10 mg hit me strongly; for sure there was no tolerance induced by the micro dose of day 4. I experience a close connection with nature. A very peaceful mood and the peculiar sweetness of 2C-E are still lingering.
I left lake C at 14:30, I felt very strong and the four hours walk back was easy. As soon I arrived at the hitchhiking spot a car stopped, a direct lift back to the city. It was a fine three days in the woods. Everything flowed effortlessly and easily, perfect days in the mountains. When I arrived in the man-made world, I still had residual visuals. It was a clash between natural fractals and the Euclidian geometry of the city. The psychedelic state feels normal in nature but not here.
2C-E is a very complex and subtle substance. It reveals a vast territory to explore and open up countless possibilities. I really love this compound, better than any other psychedelics.

This is part of my trip log book. It was taking place in the summer of 2012. Unfortunately, authorities in my country decided, last year, that 2C-E is an evil drug like LSD. Then, I had to get rid of my 2C-E stash to avoid the Health Canada Inquisition and persecution from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. This is clearly an infringement on my religious freedom supposedly guaranteed by the section 2 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Consequently I cannot use my all-time favorite psychedelic substance anymore and have to rely on the still legal lysergamides and tryptamines available at the moment. Up yours fuckers!

I completed the survey and submitted the data but it shows no confirmation just a cleared form. Strange, I'd expect more from surveymonkey.

Funny coincidence, yesterday someone asked what I think of 2C-E in the social thread and the possibility of a poll on bodyload was considered.. i hadn't thought about it for a while. Something about the potential bodyload would have fitted perfectly in the survey.

Whether it is suitable for inexperienced users is a relevant question, but I wonder why you are interested in people's beliefs about it being able to help heal the body.

Interested in the results.. :) People don't seem to post results quite as often as a recruitment thread, it would be encouraging and fair to do so.

Thanks for sharing, LlewellynDrury. That's a fantastic excerpt.

I completed the survey and submitted the data but it shows no confirmation just a cleared form. Strange, I'd expect more from surveymonkey.

Funny coincidence, yesterday someone asked what I think of 2C-E in the social thread and the possibility of a poll on bodyload was considered.. i hadn't thought about it for a while. Something about the potential bodyload would have fitted perfectly in the survey.

Whether it is suitable for inexperienced users is a relevant question, but I wonder why you are interested in people's beliefs about it being able to help heal the body.

Interested in the results.. :) People don't seem to post results quite as often as a recruitment thread, it would be encouraging and fair to do so.

Thanks for the feedback :) I agree that a bodyload question could have added something to the survey. It's duly noted for the future.

Regarding my intent, I can't say anything now as I don't want to put anything out there that might bias responses. However, I'll be happy to dive into that after I close the survey.

I very much appreciate the time that each respondent is taking and will definitely be posting the results.

Done. I can't really comment on healing traumas, but 2C-E helped very much in ending my tobacco addiction.

2ce is visual candy but not a lot of headspace for me. I think enlightenment is not going to happen from 2ce. Just my 2 cents.

would definitely be interested in hearing the results of your research. 2ce was the first RC psychedelic i tried...and had a huge impact on my tripping career. as for my other career, i was actually an adjunct professor for a course titled Research Methods and Design, so i know all about mixed methods research hahaha

Did the survey. I have 2 trip reports I wrote on 2C-E, the second of which was possibly the most intense psychedelic experience of my life and overwhelmingly psychedelic.

1st trip: https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=47209
2nd trip: https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=48983

Feel free to use these for your text analysis or whatever.

I will say I find 2C-E to be an absolutely powerful tool that has no peer... it's easily in my top 5 psychedelics. On my +4, ineffable experience (the 2nd link), I left the trip feeling like it was not only on the level with the classics (LSD, mushrooms, DMT), but was even deeper and more analytically psychedelic than anything else I've done (which is a whole lot of things).

2ce is visual candy but not a lot of headspace for me. I think enlightenment is not going to happen from 2ce. Just my 2 cents.

I just had one experience with 2c-E but I feel complete different about it than you. I thought its spiritual potencial was on par with the lysergamides though in a different way. I don't get much visuals with anything so I am talking about headspace here.
Just another exemple of how drugs affect everybody differently.

I found 2C-E to have the depth and amazingness of LSD. Although I love all the phenethylamines I've tried (mostly the 2Cs, but mescaline and DOM and DOC too)....realistically speaking....only 2C-T-7 and 2C-E are serious contenders for mystical experiences...the rest being insightful or fun. Oh, forgot about my one single mystical experience with 2C-I...but that was a one-off thing.

What do you hope to learn from your survey? I took it but, uh...well...what is it you hope to learn from those questions? I found myself answering 'neutral' most of the time because my own internal biases make me realize I am biased...and now I am at a point in life where I don't recommend drugs of any sort to anyone...so found myself answering to avoid my own internal biases.

And that one-off with 2C-N? :)

Answering 'neutral' a lot seems...appropriate.. for how 2C-E feels ;)

I wholeheartedly agree by the way - 2C-T-7 is an amazing gem, although I am a bit wary of taking it. One of the few I have on hand here though. I find 2C-I very forgettable. 2C-E is also rather special unlike most of the 2C's.
Is 2C-P not in line with 2C-E though?

Last edited: