• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Red face reaction... slight freakout

tarman

Bluelighter
I've tried googling this and duckduckgo'ing this, but have failed miserably. I got a new batch of what I believe to be heroin. However, I acknowledge it's probably fent or fent analogues. It looks good- it's brown and it's got a good vinegary smell. Everything good right? My last batch was much lighter. In any case, I insufflate only. So this morning I did my last line of the old batch. Probably .06 to .09 I would say.

At lunch I did a very teeny amount of the new batch, just to be careful. I felt like it was doing something, but when I say teeny, I mean it. Work over, I go home, and try little tiny bumps of the new batch every 15 or 20 minutes. About two or 3 lines in, my face feels flushed. I look in the mirror and it doesn't look as red as it feels. Eyes are nowhere near pinpointed, and in fact maybe a little dilated. I consumed one beer, and that's it.

In any case, I have had panic attacks before caused by a fear of a new batch. Which is stupid, because pounding heart and fight or flight isn't an OD symptom. I'm stupid I know. I guess my question is- i know facial flushing is a thing, and I know that my anxiety might be playing. The bitter ironic part here is that, maybe it's because I didn't do enough and am having some weird early stage withdrawal anxiety response. I dunno, I just wanted to get people's thoughts.

TL;DR: snorter only, new batch, brown sugar colored, vinegar small, very small test results in red face feeling and maybe like a heavy mind feeling? Any thoughts? So i probably just need to man up and do a more real sized rail, more like what I normally do. Waiting on a friend, so he can narcan me if the shit turns out to be whatever.

Have you figured out what might be causing this? I’ve had a very similar experience this week and have been trying to find out the problem. My pupils dilate after a shot of heroin and cause my heart to race and I start to sweat and my face is flush. Red faced. I’m wondering if I’m allergic all of a sudden to it or it’s just bad stuff going around.

I've tried googling this and duckduckgo'ing this, but have failed miserably. I got a new batch of what I believe to be heroin. However, I acknowledge it's probably fent or fent analogues. It looks good- it's brown and it's got a good vinegary smell. Everything good right? My last batch was much lighter. In any case, I insufflate only. So this morning I did my last line of the old batch. Probably .06 to .09 I would say.

At lunch I did a very teeny amount of the new batch, just to be careful. I felt like it was doing something, but when I say teeny, I mean it. Work over, I go home, and try little tiny bumps of the new batch every 15 or 20 minutes. About two or 3 lines in, my face feels flushed. I look in the mirror and it doesn't look as red as it feels. Eyes are nowhere near pinpointed, and in fact maybe a little dilated. I consumed one beer, and that's it.

In any case, I have had panic attacks before caused by a fear of a new batch. Which is stupid, because pounding heart and fight or flight isn't an OD symptom. I'm stupid I know. I guess my question is- i know facial flushing is a thing, and I know that my anxiety might be playing. The bitter ironic part here is that, maybe it's because I didn't do enough and am having some weird early stage withdrawal anxiety response. I dunno, I just wanted to get people's thoughts.

TL;DR: snorter only, new batch, brown sugar colored, vinegar small, very small test results in red face feeling and maybe like a heavy mind feeling? Any thoughts? So i probably just need to man up and do a more real sized rail, more like what I normally do. Waiting on a friend, so he can narcan me if the shit turns out to be whatever.
Also it causes me to have instant anxiety. Can’t figure out if it’s just bad stuff going around or what. But it’s different dealers. I also iv’d a dilaudin , two of them and I get the same reaction is it possible my body is just beginning to reject it?

Sounds like an allergic reaction which is what I get if my gear has a lot of unreacted morphine in it and is almost always brown. White stuff never makes this happen. My face puffs up, goes really red and my lips swell up, whoever I'm with thinks I'm going anaphylactic even though I try to tell them I'm ok and it goes away in 10-15 minutes and leaves me with a sensitive face afterwards. I'm an IV user though. One way you can find out is take an antihistamine and if that stops your problem then you know it's a histamine reaction.

Have you figured out what might be causing this? I’ve had a very similar experience this week and have been trying to find out the problem. My pupils dilate after a shot of heroin and cause my heart to race and I start to sweat and my face is flush. Red faced. I’m wondering if I’m allergic all of a sudden to it or it’s just bad stuff going around.

Hey sorry, I didn't think anyone was going to respond. Just checked this again and was surprised. It went away, that's all I can say. I don't know if that's because I got used to it or what. But I think it's more a mental thing. That, or I just got used to it.