• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Rectal Administration of Cannabis

doIhavePotential

Bluelighter
Is such a thing even possible?

I was thinking of using around .1-.2g of mids in 15ml of vodka and diluting it to a 20% alcohol solution.

would I prepare it the same way as green dragon or will leaving it unheated suffice? I can wait longer if it will allow me to avoid the heating part.

would glycerin be a better option? I would probably just make a chew from that though.

I would appreciate it if anyone has experience in this controversial ROA %)

Hmmm... no experience. I'm not sure if this would be worth attempting considering there are great options for using using cannabis in terms of getting the job done with great efficiency. But, maybe someone has insight to suggest otherwise. ;)

Better watch out. you will be getting too blazed putting cannabis in there.

Ok, I've never even considered plugging pot, but I have plugged alcohol (pills dissolved in alcohol).

If you plug alcohol, prepare to feel the burn, because it's gonna sting for a little while after plugging.

My plugging syringe holds a max of 1 mL, I've never tried plugging more than 1.5 mL of solution. more than 15 mL is a lot to be thinking about plugging, I'd say you'd at least want to concentrate it down.

And lastly, I strongly doubt plugging would be better than smoking, but if you do it, report back.

LOL never thought of this. if anyone has tried this please let us know. i wonder how this will effect the legalization proccess if everyone starts putting there weed up there ass and it hits the media lololo

For recreational purposes, this would be silly IMO. Sorry but it's bonkers. Plugging cannabis? Look I understand the desire to experiment but you may as well smoke it, vaporize it or eat it in edibles.

That said, you can dissolve the cannabinoids in coconut oil and use it to make suppositories for medical purposes. Coconut oil, as well as being a healthy fat, has the property of remaining solid at room temperature but dissolving rapidly into a liquid at body temperature, so when shaped into the shape of a suppository i.e. a bullet shape for easy insertion into the rectum, it will melt and the cannabinoids will be absorbed fairly quickly. This is an incredibly useful way to use the herb if you're suffering from both nausea and vomiting that makes you unable to hold edibles down at the same time do not wish to smoke or vaporize because of a lung condition that makes this difficult or even harmful. Once you get used to the plugging process, you can easily slip it in a couple of times a day and get relatively rapid relief, allowing you to eat again and to feel better.

If you use this method you'll want to buy or make a mould that allows you to pour the cannabinoid-infused coconut oil in to easily make a perfectly shaped suppository each time without any mess.

If you made a tincture for sublingual use, it would work great up the ass.

However, there would be absolutely no point, because sublingual and rectal are basically the same thing. If you just want to stick something up there I mean... go ahead dude, but there is literally no benefit to this lol.

You would need WAY MORE than .2 though, and good luck getting 15ML up there..

10ml infant medicine syringes at Rite Aid makes it real easy, not to keen on the vodka though. Ouch. Not a good place for burning

As AE said it wouldn't be any good recreationally imo, but medically it would be very good. It depends what dosage you use though - concentrate it down. I would use .5g minimum btw.

Sticking vodka solution up your ass is better for medical treatment than just eating a cookie?

Theres jammin stuff up your ass for higher bio availability, and then theres jammin stuff up your ass just for the sake of jammin stuff up your ass

I've never put any drugs up my ass, let alone herb. I remember reading here on bluelight how people would cook hash or cannabis buds in milk or oil, wait for it to cool and then put that up their ass as an enema, and how this supposedly works. Extracting the THC into cooking oil or milk sounds a lot safer than putting it into alcohol and then putting the booze up your ass. Alcohol enemas apparently are dangerous even when diluted and especially when liquor is used and people have died from them.

I also am wondering why you want to get high this way? Why not just smoke it, vaporize it, or make an edible instead?

I've seen a couple of these in the past... usually we close them because it's such a stupid thing to consider (imo)... but whatever... This can float for now

Seems like making edibles would be so much more convienient/less weird/less risky.

okay,....for bio availability, doesn't the substance have to be in the form of a salt. or, water soluble?.. we all know that cannabis resin is not water soluble. that's why, that when I trim my plants, the resin wont wash off my fingers with soap and water. I have to use a solvent. the solvent doesn't make the resin water soluble. it just lets me get it off my fingers. then, it is somewhere else. it still is not water soluble. when the solvent evaporates, it leaves the resin behind and it IS STILL NOT WATER SOLUBLE.

Moral of the story:

Don't stick cannabis resin up your ass..

^ If thats true, why isnt my mouth coated with resin from tinctures?

The solvent should extract the chemicals out of the resin, and leave that behind... right?

^ If thats true, why isnt my mouth coated with resin from tinctures?

The solvent should extract the chemicals out of the resin, and leave that behind... right?

I don't think saliva and water are one and the same, though.... Even if they were, I would think any resin left behind would get swallowed and pushed through the digestive tract.

Just an educated guess on my part, no clue if it holds true.

@papa, a hydrophobic drug in a a non-polar solute should be able to cross the musocal epithelium, and this quite common, i.e. the only water soluble benzo is midazolam, the rest are not, but as we know, they work very well both in oral ingestion and rectal admin.

I see no reason why cannabis in tincture or otherwise extracted THC would not cross the membrane in the rectum, seeing as it crosses gastric and buccal membranes reasonably well in edibles, in alcohol/tincture, and in oil (Marinol)

But I don't see any advantage to taking it rectally vs oral r buccal. Esp, as making it at home is likely going to involve an irritating solvent like alcohol, or one that would liable to potentially cause fecal urgency, i.e. oil.

Just make a tincture for buccal/subling it should be more or less the same absorption efficiency and onset time.

that's all I'm saying,.. it is not a very efficient way of consuming cannabis. certainly some of it will be absorbed by the blood vessels in the rectal canal. but at what cost?.. the solvent is bound to overwhelm the effects of the cannabis. the solvent may actually shrink the receptors that you are counting on to absorb the cannabis resin. why mess with mother nature?... at first, cannabis was consumed orally. later, man figured out how to smoke it. now, people are wondering if they can shove it up their ass. I'm starting to agree with a previous poster as to whether people are trying to use cannabis more efficiently, or are they just trying to find new stuff to shove up their ass...