• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Recommendations for anxiety med

Honestly, I would avoid all Benzo's. They shouldn't (in my personal opinion) be legally prescribed anymore (with the exception of those still dependant). It's not a long term solution for anxiety issues and can have some very severe long term consequences.

I say this with everybody suffering from anxiety issues (being one myself). The best thing you can consume for anxiety is Magnesium. I see you're from the USA. The western diet is typically low on Magnesium and ensuring you get your RDA of Magnesium each day could make a very dramatic difference to your overall anxiety levels. Whether you get this directly from a diet rich in Magnesium or through supplementation is of course down to yourself. If using Magnesium supplements, you'll want to ensure that it's Magnesium Glycinate, which has the highest bio-availability out of any form of Magnesium. 400mgs per day is generally recommended.
What about sprinkling a little spoonful of phenibut in some juice to wash the magnesium down more effectively top the stack off with L-Theanine?

Yes I live in Texas (USA)
And your doctor is cool with prescribing BZDs for anxiety? Wow... you have a good doctor!

I live in Texas and have an incurable bowel disorder that requires me to take alprazolam after meals, and when I moved cities I was treated like a junkie and only after trialing several anti-depressants would anyone float the idea of staying on alprazolam...
what I don’t get is why I feel I have a tolerance to anxiety meds?!
Some people have a natural tolerance to BZDs. I do. From the get go I had to take triple the dose the doctor wanted me to take, had to switch doctors to get one who would script me the right amount.

For someone with a natural tolerance or indifference to medications, 0.5 mg of xanax won't do jack shit for someone with serious anxiety.

Benzos work great but you gotta pay the piper eventually. Every prescription drug on earth will negatively effect you, either while on it or when you try and stop it.

Up the dosage, but just know you're playing with fire if you can't keep a constant supply of xanax and tolerance can climb indefinitely.