Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Recommend some HBO dramas

I had a love/hate relationship with Nate. Sometimes I loved him (like when he got high with Brenda & her random friend) but usually I was just annoyed at his self-centered, complainy attitude.

Nate's a classic case of the love/hate thing I was referring to before. I really didn't like him when I watched the entire series the first time around, but I've since watched it from start to finish several times now, and I kinda got him a bit more later on.

I find that's usually the case when you revisit things once you've aged a few more years and have gained experience/knowledge in life. Different perspectives and all.

That said, the show, IMO was pretty brilliant. The acting alone was extremely impressive.

The acting was first fuckin' rate. 99% of the cast were amazing, and it's some of the most touching, and poignant shit I've ever seen in any TV drama. It may not really go anywhere in terms of direction, but an awful lot of the characters behaviours (not even necessarily plotlines) resonated with me in a big way. I particularly understood Claire instantaneously. She's me, but with more confidence. Even the relationship between her and her Mother mirrors that of my own.

i just get really tired of people unsure how to maintain a relationship, which is basically what every character suffers from in SFU (lol six feet under = shutda fuck up). and every time there's a little bit of friction, it's lame teenage melodramatic "should i stay or should i go" bullshit.

who's gonna dummy spit this week!??! *yawn* :p

six feet under is ok.

i watched it from the start and i've been counting the episodes down for about a season already. only three left.

it has its moments, but goes absolutely nowhere. if you watch the first episodes, you've seen everything already.

Funny you mention it. I watched the first 3 episodes and thought it was the stupidest fucking show to ever hit television... and this coming from an HBO fanatic.

To each their own I guess.

i just get really tired of people unsure how to maintain a relationship, which is basically what every character suffers from in SFU (lol six feet under = shutda fuck up). and every time there's a little bit of friction, it's lame teenage melodramatic "should i stay or should i go" bullshit.

who's gonna dummy spit this week!??! *yawn* :p

I think I'd like to lock you up in a room and watch the Twilight Saga hogtied ;) ;)

Not that much...if I did, I'd throw in Sex and the City and Coco Chanel into the mix <3

KEED! KEED! :D <3

melting-md.jpg

Awesome shows...

I LOVED all the seasons of Six Feet Under 1-5.

True Blood is pretty awesome,and its by the same creator of Six Feet Under.True Blood I have read is HBOs MOST watched and highest rated show thay have had beating out the Sopranoes even.

I actually like the Sopranoes but I am only on season 3.

I love HBO and I also LOVE Showtime.Showtime has DEXTER!! That show rocks!!!

I forgot to mention this, but "The Corner" is a great show as well from HBO. It was a mini-series though with only 6 episodes. It's from the same writers as "The Wire". Plus, it has so many people that were in the Wire as well! I think if you like the Wire, you will like this.

Yeah, the corner was good, see a lot of the themes from it incorporated in the wire (the kid in season 4 with long hair, bunny colvin ends up adopting him). And you sometimes see the actual chick (the mother?) who the character in the corner was based on playing cameo's in the wire (handing out free needles in hamsterdam). Good shit all around.

Juast been watching a few episodes of John Adam's, a quality period drama, surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.

^ yeh I've just started watching True Blood. It's not too bad; getting better after the first couple of episodes. Anna Paquin is a pleasure to watch too :)

just finished the sopranos... fucking epic masterpiece without a doubt

Yeah right now, or at least before it went on hiatus, I would say that Mad Men is the best show on television by far. Amazing writing, great characters, realistic looking 50's clothes/houses/cars.

Thanks for the tip! Awesome series, I'm onto the 5th episode of S1 and loving it so far.

What is AMC, do they make any other good dramas?