Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Recommend some HBO dramas

^ They make Breaking Bad too which is awesome. It's about a high school science teacher who is a genius, is given a short time to live and decides to start cooking meth. Obviously it grows from there but that's the basic premise. :)

Written out AMC is American Movie Classics. They mostly show movies but have started dipping in the drama-creating side of TV.

oz was my favourite, great script, great actors,
it was the first hour long hbo drama,

i recomend lost,
i sepnt 8 days watching through about 100 episodes of the show,
i know it doesnt have the same apeal of hbo shows, and sometimes you your like
can he not say FUCk" or something, but its a greast show
itneresting twists and terns,

breaking bad (i know amc) but itsalong the line of the uncensored shows
is amazing, and really ironic,

^ They make Breaking Bad too which is awesome. It's about a high school science teacher who is a genius, is given a short time to live and decides to start cooking meth. Obviously it grows from there but that's the basic premise. :)

Written out AMC is American Movie Classics. They mostly show movies but have started dipping in the drama-creating side of TV.

Ah, ok. I tried the first season of BB but it just didn't grab me for some reason, although was impressed by the realism (ie, the cooking process) but not the overall story line, I was very 'meh' about season 2 and still haven't got around to it. I guess I'm very particular ;)

Has anyone heard about 'Treme' starts in April on HBO, by the guys from The Wire, about musicians in a working class suburb of NO in the wake of Katrina? I'm very excited by the prospect!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treme_(TV_series)

I'm pretty particular too. I'm surprised you didn't like it. It was cool of you to try though. :)

AMC has been spot on with its dramas lately. Breaking Bad and Mad Men are classics, but I am even more excited about their newest drama called the Walking Dead. it is based off of a zombie comic book that I devour monthly and is directed by the guy who did the Green Mile. should be good.

also, I just wanted the first season of True Blood. if you like vampires and social commentary - it is definetely worth your time.

Ah, ok. I tried the first season of BB but it just didn't grab me for some reason, although was impressed by the realism (ie, the cooking process) but not the overall story line, I was very 'meh' about season 2 and still haven't got around to it. I guess I'm very particular ;)

Nah, BB while I loved the premise, was poorly executed, and the acting leaves much to be desired. Jesse Bruce Pinkman (aka "Captain Cook") reminds me of a young Jason Mewes with all the terrible acting; yet with none of the low-budget charm of a Kevin Smith movie. It just makes me think they cast a tone-deaf supporting actor.

Also, some of the scenes drag on.. and on... and on. I'm reminded of the "intervention" scene that lasted damn near 15 minutes of nothing but watching our middle-aged professor screw up his face in tedious shot after shot of quasi-dramatic dialogue.

Overall, it was a good effort, but I watched the first 7 episodes, hoping it would get better.. It didn't.

I think David Simon, is a genius. The Wire is in my opinion one of the best shows ever made. He has followed it up with Treme which is pretty damn good and the music is incredible. On a side note I think the Sopranos was a good show but as the seasons went on the show deteriorated and I continued watching because I was interested in seeing what happen with the characters (similar to Entourage). What differentiates the Wire for me is that all 5 seasons where exciting and can stand on their own.

Some other great shows I enjoy:
Californication
Weeds
Sons of Anarchy
Dexter
Battle Star Gallactica (1st couple seasons, last couple are blah)
Treme

Last edited:
I love Sons of Anarchy and True Blood, and more recently my bf got me to watch breaking bad which is an AWESOME SHOW ! Also , to my great shame :) I like the vampire diaries , desperate house wives and gossip girl !

SIX FEET UNDER!!!
Best series EVER!!!

followed closely by...
Band of Brothers
True Blood
Eastbound and Down
The Ricky Gervais Show