Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Recommend a Documentary v. David Attenborough!

watched "ballet 422" earlier. don't know anything about ballet but watching creative professionals is always inspiring to me, be it painting, music or dance.

i tried finding the appropriate thread via the search engine, but to no avail. and wanted to share the tv series/documentary "chefs table".

In 2012 we were captivated by the story of master sushi chef Jiro Ono, whose unbreakable work ethic brought him national fame—not to mention three Michelin stars for Sukiyabashi Jiro, his 10-seat restaurant in the basement of an office building off a Tokyo subway station.

Now, Jiro Dreams of Sushi director David Gelb returns with Chef’s Table, a new Netflix-exclusive documentary series on six of the world’s most awe-inspiring chefs that premiers April 26.

i loved jiro dreams of sushi and was so excited to hear this was premiering on netflix and am now hooked. if youre passionate about food, culture and lifestyle; this, similar to gelb's other productions of simplicity and calm yet presenting a highly insightful production, should definitely appeal to you.

...kytnism...:|

youre welcome sweetie.

the series trailer.

and for those without netflix <3

woodstock 69. the lost performances.

more of a rockumentary, but still awesome :D

@kyntism

i have been loving chef's table!!

i think my favourite episode so far is the italian chef who fell in love with the women in america and they now live in usa together.

its inspiring how there seems to be a commonality with people who are at the top of their respective creative fields, so much things to learn from which can be applied anywhere.

@kyntism

i have been loving chef's table!!

i think my favourite episode so far is the italian chef who fell in love with the women in america and they now live in usa together.

its inspiring how there seems to be a commonality with people who are at the top of their respective creative fields, so much things to learn from which can be applied anywhere.

oh me too, although im a little biased as my families roots are from modena, italy; and i live in melbourne australia so have loved both episodes with massimo bottura and ben shewry. i lie, the whole series has been awesome :D

The Gender Equality Paradox. - There's speculation that this documentary resulted in the Nordic Council of Ministers closing down the NIKK Nordic Gender Institute.

Last edited:
I watched part of this when working on a Ski Resort in Switzerland last year, just got around to finishing it the other day.

It's an interesting look into the world of extreme sports, centered around Shane McConkey; a professional ski base-jumper who died in 2009 in Italy after attempting to ski down a cliff and perform a double blackflip wingsuit basejump. I found it difficult to relate to the documentary, it seemed like he was been worshiped for his recklessness.. im somewhere inbetween with extreme sports, i love them and have participated a couple of times but there's a line somewhere for me... whereas they pushed the absolute limits in this documentary, which was incredible and maybe it was their lasse-faire attitude to all of it that i have a problem with?

Either way - if your interested in extreme sports at all, might be worth checking out.

Last edited:
I watched part of this when working on a Ski Resort in Switzerland last year, just got around to finishing it the other day.

It's an interesting look into the world of extreme sports, centered around Shane McConkey; a professional ski base-jumper who died in 2009 in Italy after attempting to ski down a cliff and perform a double blackflip wingsuit basejump. I found it difficult to relate to the documentary, it seemed like he was been worshiped for his recklessness.. im somewhere inbetween with extreme sports, i love them and have participated a couple of times but there's a line somewhere for me... whereas they pushed the absolute limits in this documentary, which was incredible and maybe it was their lasse-faire attitude to all of it that i have a problem with?

Either way - if your interested in extreme sports at all, might be worth checking out.

Does the doc show the final "double backflip wingsuit base jump"?

I find these wingsuiters incredible, you must have to be fearless to engage in this activity. I think it's reasonable to suggest they should get this out of their system before they have children. Of course you could make that same argument for many other high-risk endeavors.

If you like Nina Simone they released a documentary on netflix about her.

Last edited:
Does the doc show the final "double backflip wingsuit base jump"?

It does, and i think that's what makes it so much harder to watch.. His last words were 'Time for another ski wingsuit basejump' and you watch from his point of view as he ski's towards the cliff and then it switch's back to the helicopter's point of view and you watch him do one backflip and then he goes out of line of sight. - The actual footage of him hitting the ground obviously wasn't shown but it's as real as it gets..

His friend explaining in the next scene how impactful it is.. to go from extreme adrenaline rush highs to completely flat-lining when they realize he's dead. The whole atmosphere just died and went very cold.. but that's part of it.

I've skydived a couple of times, skied, snowboarded, para-glided and ice climbed. And i totally understand the need to want to keep experiencing that rush.. there's nothing quite like it and you feel so damn alive, but the risk involved with base jumping and wingsuiting is so high that to me it outweighs the need to do it.. which is why i guess there's only a very small percentage of people that actually do it. And these are the people that absolutely live for it and will keep on doing it..

Last edited:
(I keep getting logged out here, even when I click the box at sign in)

Thanks, after reading your post I noticed it was available. I've never done anything like this myself other than snowboarding a few times when I was younger.

I agree with his friends that he must have been one of ballsiest people on the planet, surprised he lived as long as he did.

Once his wife and children enter the picture and they mention all the injuries he experienced I started to look at in a different way. His wife seemed so kind, and his indifference to her was a little offensive. I thought something was going to go wrong when she did her first base-jump.

Anyway, interesting guy and an amazing film.

Once his wife and children enter the picture and they mention all the injuries he experienced I started to look at in a different way. His wife seemed so kind, and his indifference to her was a little offensive. I thought something was going to go wrong when she did her first base-jump.

Yeah i felt the same, she seemed very warm-hearted.. but he was totally indifferent. I guess that was his personality, and in a sense you probably have to be like that to be taking the risks he took on a regular basis.. which is probably why i couldn't connect with the 'worshipping' of him by the documentary. But it was an interesting look into that lifestyle and the pro's and con's.

i love an inside view of people whom chose to live off the grid.

For those of you interested in Ross Ulbricht/The Silk Road case. A very legitimate film, featuring interviews from Ulbricht's family, friends, fellow SR users etc.

I semi-recommended a Nina Simone documentary previously, I no longer recommend it. It was just terrible imo. As far as I could tell the main takeaways were that the music business is insanely corrupt, and it's difficult to be young, gifted and black. It's dark..

If for some reason you did enjoy it you might like 'Concerning Violence'