• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Rec weed has ruined the market

Canada went legal on Oct 17/2018. Since then, black market flower price has dropped 40-50%.

Legal prices are still on a downward decline. The biggest day #1 purchase I made was $384 Cdn for 1 ounce. That was $100 more than I had ever paid for an ounce on the black market - and the quality was middling (mids? regs?). The cheapest price was ~$10/g. Most expensive was $19.71/g ($80 1/8). No eighth’s less than~$45. Quality was crap. Low THC % (very little over 20%).

Since then; sub $100 ounces, even in government stores, $15 0.5g vape cartridges, $35g concentrate grams.

Not just price, quality has also vastly improved. The product generally is not dust dry w/o aroma. Some brands come w/ a humidity pack inside.

Just yesterday, the government store listed an oz (pre weighed) for $80 Cdn, and although mot the best, it is slowly getting better.

Tom

I get an oz for 120 but I have been buying weed from the same hippie grower for ever and a day. It’s good. The problem around here is carts everyone is selling fucking carts and there is no bud to be found except for a handful of OG’s that still sell the green. I hate the carts with the fire of a thousand suns.

Local black market is 550-600 for a QP of good bud. Not the top top shelf bud but not bad by any means. The bud I get from Colorado runs 100oz for buds in the 18-20% THC range.

10 years ago the prices were 900 for a QP if you had a good hookup. 1200 on the steep end but it also seemed like the bud was better......top shelf dispo buds being mailed back here. Heck I remember a time when it was 350 even 375 for top shelf.

Boy have times changed.

To the poster above I'd say 200 is a good price. Right in line with what good bud is going for over here. The cheapest I've heard single zips going for around here is 175

Last edited:
I am in the Okanagan Canada, Princeton, Summerland, Penticton etc, My dealer sells for 300 1/4 pound for really top shelf bud.
Mail order my hash is 120/ounce. decent weed for 60 to 70 bucks an ounce.
Goverment stores are ok, I like the shops on the rez though. Great edibles as Gov only sells by 10 Mg...dumb
Pot is plentiful and cheap. I am 64 so I remember the dark days of pre legal.