• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Rec weed has ruined the market

I assure you that In quebec It is shit.not even able to grow a single plant 30g a day no way or anything over 30% thc

Damn that's harsh. I moved from Manitoba to Nova Scotia in July, so at least I am allowed to grow. Are vape cartridges still banned? Is there limit on edibles still 5 mg per?

Tom

Damn that's harsh. I moved from Manitoba to Nova Scotia in July, so at least I am allowed to grow. Are vape cartridges still banned? Is there limit on edibles still 5 mg per?

Tom
Honestly I have no way to know I’m lucky I live close to Labrador’s frontier so I can go to the dispensary out there and even buy rosin wax and shatter and for the edibles I haven’t really tried I’d rather cook myself. ;)

That's what im worried about here in the states. In vt we are having a bill rammed down our throats thats basiclaly going ti insure that a coorperate company can come in and monopolize the market

Welcome to my state! Eventually there will only be 1 or 2 massive companies making everything. Just a bloody shame if you ask me. More fucking craft growers! Shit, I'll even pay more for it and not even mind!

Welcome to my state! Eventually there will only be 1 or 2 massive companies making everything. Just a bloody shame if you ask me. More fucking craft growers! Shit, I'll even pay more for it and not even mind!
Where are you from buddy?

Wait... you can only buy a 1/4 oz at a time in Canada? That's awful! Anyone who actually smokes buys ounces or more so they don't spend an arm and a leg on dime bags...
At the Gov licensed shops yeah you can buy up to one ounce. I buy mail order for bulk and it can be as cheap as 400 for 8 ounces. British Columbia, the land of plenty.

‘In Quebec, I think it is 150g at home. In Manitoba, no limit at home and it’s the same in Alberta, Ontario, Price Edward Islamd, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland/Labrador. In Nunavut, 150g at home..

Tom
I BC I think it is one kilo as that might be what you would get if you grew three plants. Its fucking embarrassing some tool thinks this shit up. I buy mail order...is awesome and dirt cheap.

@wallywogs Yes, I use to buy my weed from online dispensaries in BC. when Bills C-45/46 passed, it became legal for individuals to mail up to 1 oz (or equivalent in concentrates/edibles) Cannabis from adult to adult. provided that you stay under the magic 30g limit, I don’t hear too many (any)stories of people getting busted for buying personal amounts.

Throw in a fake return address and it becomes close to risk free to send

A relative works as a postal sorter and they get weed every single day. Official policy is to process/sort > delivery unless the package is compromised. Weight isn’t a consideration.

Tom

Boohoo for you.

Try living in England...
Lol . Stardawg . Ammis or some 8th in a fancy package of well grown and trimmed bud but were talking 3.5g for the same price as half oz 14g . That's no typo lol
And the best part of it these fancy cali packs can be brought in head/bong shops on any high street ,online even amazon fgs and they still fall for the hype . Yeah its nice looking buds in side but no better than buds in the higher priced zeds.

Im lucky enough to know a few low key stoners so get great strains at good prlces . Gushers and jaffa orange tonight for me

my state won't let us homegrow, sucks... the medical weed is usually high quality, but 90% of it is the modern hybrid 30 minute high to groggy hangover crap. cookies this, cake that, og kush boring ass stuff that only has high marks because of the high thc. (the only ones i like are the dawg/ diesel relatives)

i want heirloom tropical sativas, but they're unobtanium in this market.

just as a quick aside - Co60 gamma irradiation is used to ensure a sterile product and doesn't degrade the active THC nor the flavor compounds - similar processes are used in fruit & veg handling as a "residue free" means of pest/microbial control. SOunds scary, sure, but it's far from the nastiest thing happening to your weed.
If you say so
From my experience radiated weed is worse quality then weed not been put through this process.

Although much weed that has been radiated here was done so as it wasn't up to scratch originally.
(UK legal medicinal weed scene I'm referring to)

Wait... you can only buy a 1/4 oz at a time in Canada? That's awful! Anyone who actually smokes buys ounces or more so they don't spend an arm and a leg on dime bags...
Where I live in Canada you can buy an oz at a time but why bother? Most of it is low-test junk and what isn't is so bloody expensive the Black Market is just laughing at it. Who the hell wants to pay over $400/oz for stuff that isn't even at 30%THC? Part of the problem is anything that's worth smoking is only sold in eighths. Some of it is a disgusting $60 for 3.5g. The other problem is in my province, the govt doesn't just regulate it, they're the sole provider for ALL of the rec shops in the province so everyone is selling the same low-test junk and ridiculously priced decent weed. You can also buy it directly from the govt store's website.
The whole thing is a mess, but at least I can legally grow my own now.

Where I live in the US, rec weed is amazing, but each state is different. Over here in the PNW, the bud truly is better than most black market I get. I notice though states with crappy weed usually do the whole “sell by the 8th” thing where you can’t even smell it before you buy it, usually horribly cured garbage.

-GC

There's a thriving "grey market" where I live and some of the outlets have pretty bomb-ass weed, even better than the black market. What really disappointed me was when I got my prescription for cannabis. In my province the medical supply is practically the same shit as the rec supply, only more expensive. The edibles are useless with a max of 10mg of THC and/or CBD per unit and most of it is made from shake that comes from weed that is 15% THC at best. *yawn*

Back in 2005 I was visiting a buddy in Minnesota with access to medical cannabis and that shit lit me up like a Christmas tree.

Well. I just got a really god idea of just how screwed up Ontario's legal market is. I've had a prescription for a while now, although its pretty much useless, but since I decided to give vape carts a try I'm just left shaking my head. I had my script transferred from Tilray to HEXO (Tilray's products were overpriced and useless to me). I like the HEXO vapes. They use the CO2 method and the taste and smell are out of this world. The high is pretty good too. Now, this is where things get really fucking stupid. For those not from Ontario here's a little rundown of the supply chain. At the top you have the growers/producers. In the middle you have the Ontario Cannabis Store, a govt Crown Corporation. The OCS supplies ALL of the legal rec shops in the province as well as sells directly to the consumer.

HEXO only sells 0.5g vape carts in their medical menu but I can buy 1g carts of a few of their products from the OCS. Now, if I buy direct from HEXO the carts are **(No pricing please) **
But I can buy the exact same 0.5g carts from OCS for $25 tax included. Or, if I wait until Sunday when Sessions Cannabis ( a rec shop) has their 10% off vapes day, I can buy them for **(No pricing please) ** included AND get them delivered in about 90 minutes.

So now I'm wondering, what the fuck good is a script in Ontario anymore? It's not like it opens the door to superior potency or less expensive products. In fact it's quite the opposite. Hell, just about everything I've seen in the medical supply is less expensive on the rec market or has a less expensive substitute on the rec market, and in either case with equal or higher potency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well. I just got a really god idea of just how screwed up Ontario's legal market is. I've had a prescription for a while now, although its pretty much useless, but since I decided to give vape carts a try I'm just left shaking my head. I had my script transferred from Tilray to HEXO (Tilray's products were overpriced and useless to me). I like the HEXO vapes. They use the CO2 method and the taste and smell are out of this world. The high is pretty good too. Now, this is where things get really fucking stupid. For those not from Ontario here's a little rundown of the supply chain. At the top you have the growers/producers. In the middle you have the Ontario Cannabis Store, a govt Crown Corporation. The OCS supplies ALL of the legal rec shops in the province as well as sells directly to the consumer.

HEXO only sells 0.5g vape carts in their medical menu but I can buy 1g carts of a few of their products from the OCS. Now, if I buy direct from HEXO the carts are $28 plus tax which comes to $31.65.
But I can buy the exact same 0.5g carts from OCS for $25 tax included. Or, if I wait until Sunday when Sessions Cannabis ( a rec shop) has their 10% off vapes day, I can buy them for $24.50 tax included AND get them delivered in about 90 minutes.

So now I'm wondering, what the fuck good is a script in Ontario anymore? It's not like it opens the door to superior potency or less expensive products. In fact it's quite the opposite. Hell, just about everything I've seen in the medical supply is less expensive on the rec market or has a less expensive substitute on the rec market, and in either case with equal or higher potency.

That’s fucked, in the states it’s the opposite. Medical means increased benefits, increased quality (at some shops), and decreased price. Not sure why medical would be more?!?

-GC

Screw it. I'll just stay with my "Grey market" supplier when I'm out of my own and/or I'm waiting for my buddy's 'Purple F*ck Me' to be ready. The stock is top notch, almost exclusively Craft Cannabis. It's also reasonably priced compared to the legal and black markets while the quality and potency are definitely something to write home about. And they deliver in about 2 hours, usually less though. It's also the source of my 3 favourite pain killing strains;, Wheelchair Pink, Kamikaze Pink and Knock Out Pink.

The other stupid thing and I don't know if this happens elsewhere but, in the legal market you pay for changes in potency. What I mean is, say Grower A harvests a crop that sits at 22% THC. It'll sell for the going rate. But when Grower A's next batch of the same strain comes in and it's sitting at say, 28% THC, suddenly that same strain is now +$6-$9/g more.

Screw it. I'll just stay with my "Grey market" supplier when I'm out of my own and/or I'm waiting for my buddy's 'Purple F*ck Me' to be ready. The stock is top notch, almost exclusively Craft Cannabis. It's also reasonably priced compared to the legal and black markets while the quality and potency are definitely something to write home about. And they deliver in about 2 hours, usually less though. It's also the source of my 3 favourite pain killing strains;, Wheelchair Pink, Kamikaze Pink and Knock Out Pink.

The other stupid thing and I don't know if this happens elsewhere but, in the legal market you pay for changes in potency. What I mean is, say Grower A harvests a crop that sits at 22% THC. It'll sell for the going rate. But when Grower A's next batch of the same strain comes in and it's sitting at say, 28% THC, suddenly that same strain is now +$6-$9/g more.
+1.
I've stopped trying to make sense of the legal market and resolved to never contribute to its success. Being in Ontario we all have access to proper legacy products that outshine their legal alternatives in every way other than price. If you're a concentrate person, like I am, finding proper wet processed hashes is nearly impossible on the legal side of the market. There are several barriers to entry, but the dispensaries' inability to store the products properly means hash that started out fire will almost surely be terpless once purchased by the end user. 100 a gram for tasteless WPFF hash that was processed and cured six months prior? No thanks!

Are you a flower person or are you into concentrates?

I am fully for legalization.
The regulation was always going to be questionable, but whatever it takes to stop turning smokers into criminals...

I spend a fair amount of time in Colorado and legalization there was amazing. The dealers that still operated had to have
amazing prices and good quality to compete. I was able to get zips of good weed for $160-200 last time I was there.

Its the opposite where I live though. Legalization seems to have dried up the majority of the black market leaving only
really cheap schwaggy stuff that you have to look for. Thats kind of a bummer, because I smoke a lot of weed and work
too much to grow, that has effectively driven the cost of smoking way up for me.....

All my dealer friends started working for the industry so I find myself with almost no connections now. Thats a very strange place
for me to be in. Maintaining that network used to take a fair amount of effort, now its just gone...
It's the same in my area. There's a ton of weed that gets shipped out here in NY/pa from Colorado and other western states. Good weed is dirt cheap right now. It's insane how cheap you can get a QP for. Less than half what I was paying 10 years ago