Mental Health Really, really low...

What is making you depressed? What are things that bother you, and what helps?

I completely understand how "seemingly" happy people commit suicide. It's always "but she had it all! She seemed so happy!" after people take their own lives.
And it's because most of us are so accustomed to hiding it beneath our smiling facade.
Yeah people always say things like "my son wasn't the type to commit suicide!" As though people who commit suicide are all the same. In reality their family member just didn't feel like they could share all the pain inside them with their family.

I kept it all to myself for so long. It makes sense though, people ask how you are but they only ever expect a positive answer so you say I'm good or I'm okay etc

What is making you depressed? What are things that bother you, and what helps?

I have a predisposition genetically. I guess my messed up childhood brought it out in me at an early age.
There are other major contributing factors but I don't feel comfortable sharing here.
Not sure what helps.. it's hard to find joy in otherwise joyful activities when I'm fraught with this illness right now.
Definitely my children, though. But even then, I feel guilty when I know I should feel "happy" during certain situations involving them, for example my youngest recently had a birthday and she was so, so excited at her birthday party and I feel completely terrible for not being able to mirror that excitement; I was so stuck in this that it hurt to smile, but you wouldn't know it from the outside.. I faked it, like always, then after the party felt so empty/ scared and angry at myself. That was the weekend that I genuinely felt like ending it all.

Have been at the lowest, I feel what you’ve said throughout this thread. The right combo of meds (as you prob know) can kick start things.

Last year in maybe October I was in a BAD spot, but Wellbutrin gave me a rush that eventually morphed into being able to go hand-to-hand with depression. The problem there was it gave me tinnitus and visual snow lol. And theoretically things got way worse on that med before the “clouds broke” months later.

Anti-anxiety meds have been better antidepressants than antidepressants themselves. I think escitolopram or however it’s spelled, that’s lexapro right? Yeah....was on that. Did nothing.

Years after trying to fight this, i found the right combo of supplements and anti anxiety meds that make me almost ecstatic to wake up between 4-6AM. I can’t wait to wake up lol. 2009-2016, different story.

I “journaled” the entire time though. I can’t stress that part of it enough, however you journal: video, audio, written. It gives you something that years later you can look back to .