• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ready for change

I currently live in RI. There's no way I can take time off from work to go to a detox center. I have to do this on my own . With this (1) sub. I am also about to run out of my klonopin. Can't fill that for another week. I am prescribed 2mg a day . I generally take it the way I am supposed too. But I also get rid of some and always run short . But I manage to find benzo's to hold me over . I think I have a half of 1 mg left . I am so far in the hole and owe so many people money , it's scary and unbelievable. I need help to get out of this but I realize that there's no one here to help me . I am ***ked.

Yeah man, you just gotta do it if you’re getting that far down the hole owing a lot of dough. There’s no way 1 Sub will get you off the hook with the habit. It will help some but I’d suggest trying to find a few more subs or Kratom, it works. Yeah it costs money but it’s relatively cheap compared to an opioid habit. 50 bucks worth lasts me 2 weeks and I dose 8 teaspoons daily. Do you by any chance have health insurance? If you do, make an appointment with a bupe doctor and get on suboxone for a 1 month taper. Do you have any family that you could level with and explain your situation and ask for help from them for small financial help with a 1 month taper at a methadone clinic? If the answer is no to all this my final suggestion is get to an AA/NA meeting. You’ll be met with welcome arms, you’ll find all the support you’ll need there, and it will cost you zero.

I can personally attest to the fact that kratom helps tremendously. Definitely get some; it is just always a safe bet to keep in the pantry. So, first off I highly recommend getting a QP of Kratom for now or for the future. For me, It is vital to always have on stock and once you get it and use it, you'll see why.
Next, If you are set on quitting and cleaning up, whether it be for 4 days or 4 months, you need to just say fuck it, and do it. Don't think about it, just do it and be mentally prepared to feel like shit, but know that the 8mg of sub will seriously help out so much for the first 2, maybe 3 days.
If I were you, I would try to obtain more subs, and I would recommend that for your case bc you shouldn't switch back n forth frequently between pills n subs anyways. Lastly, I agree to MDPV_Psychosis post about the sub dosage if you can get more.. Either way, you aren't alone man. Good luck bro, keep us updated.

Last edited:
I currently live in RI. There's no way I can take time off from work to go to a detox center. I have to do this on my own . With this (1) sub. I am also about to run out of my klonopin. Can't fill that for another week. I am prescribed 2mg a day . I generally take it the way I am supposed too. But I also get rid of some and always run short . But I manage to find benzo's to hold me over . I think I have a half of 1 mg left . I am so far in the hole and owe so many people money , it's scary and unbelievable. I need help to get out of this but I realize that there's no one here to help me . I am ***ked.

I get it, I do and I'm not judging you in any way for not being able to go to detox right now. When I've gone to detox in the past, the only way to arrive okay on the other side has been to have at least a shred of assistance from my friends or family and I'll be the first to admit that these things can be luxurious to addicts. We're here to help you as much as humanly possible, but what's your outlook on potentially being to sick too work? At any rate, please make sure that if you do get some time off to budget it as well as possible. If you run into 3-4 days that you can get away, plan ahead.

Detox, where I'm from, Massachusetts, typically involves a lot more than simply weaning you off drugs. They are typically great places to take advantage of social workers and other government funded programs that can help make your life easier once you are out of detox. Here, you can go to detox and walk out only a few days later with a set appointment for Buprenorphine/Methadone and medication of some kind to get you through to that appointment (not Methadone obviously). I know you're in RI and not Mass, but I just want to make sure you are taking advantage of everything you possibly can.

If you truly only have one strip of Buprenorphine, make sure to follow the less-is-more rule when utilizing it. Considering you work for a living, it can be a much better option to feel like of shitty for 5 days and keep your job, than to feel great for 2 days and be extremely ill for the other 3. Feel free to post here or to send any one of us a PM. I find it can be a lot more useful to consult a withdrawal expert like myself or one of the other moderators through a PM than to create a thread. In PM, we can try to tailor the information to your specific case and hopefully be of more use to you.

So just an update. I took way more of the sub at once . I am about 3 days no opiates. I am in the hole financially with everyone, including my dealer. So I could not even get any on the cuff. I have been taking some gabapentin. Today I took a ton of adderall for work. I had half an ativan left. I can get more adderall tomorrow at work. But honestly, I don't feel too bad . I am surprised . I basically came off of anywhere from 90-240mg of oxy a day . With
1 sub, some gabapentin, an adderall. I don't know how I am feeling to be honest. Like not jonesin but I def want an opiate. It's 10:35pm here. I am tweaked out. Gotta work at 10am. I'll see how I feel in the morning. Hope I can sleep

Good job man. I am currently on day 4 and I feel you on the craving part, although you were on a lot higher dosage than I was. Wish. I had some addy lol.

Ive found moderate doses of gabapentin (1200mg+, staggered in 300mg intervals for maximum absorbtion over an hours time) alone mitigates much of my withdrawal (not all but tolerable) after a couple month run if you dont have a tolerance to it.

Imo and experience ive never been able to properly taper with suboxone because i have no self control with opioids hence the reason im in the situation in the first place. Doing so usually just prolongs the withdrawal process and PAWS.

Ive had much better long term success using gabapentin along diazepam.

Gabapentin does produce a withdrawal syndrome itself if taken for too though.

Best of luck OP. Wishing you success in this attempt

Last edited: