(answered) RE: HELP!! My methadone clinic is trying to kill me!

SufferedAlone

Greenlighter
RE: HELP!! My methadone clinic is trying to kill me!

It appears the moderator shut it down because he thought the original poster was not being honest.

Thanks Chromophobia. I will try that. I believe what I have to add is important and I think it would be beneficial to myself and the OP to continue the same thread. It could also be helpful to others suffering the same fate.

Here is the reply from brutus.

The thread is over two years old and pretty much has ran its course. There's really no further discussion that could be added to the thread. I'm sorry, but I cannot open up this thread again. Feel free to start your own thread regarding this matter though.

But I disagree completely. The thread did NOT run its course. The OP was abruptly and rudely called a liar and it was closed down. Nothing was solved. A solution was not found. And I have much discussion to add to the thread.

I am not familiar with Bluelight and I dont know slackboxed. I am not very computer savvy. It seems many members want to discuss getting high. This member is asking for help. I am asking for help. What is considered more important discussion?

Well I cant even reply to brutus for 180 minutes because Im limited. So I post here. I will wait the time limit and send a duplicate request to each moderator.

Sure I can start my own thread. Maybe it will help if I talk about getting high years ago, I dunno. But I see no reason to copy and paste slackboxed quotes to a new thread to reopen the discussion but I will if I have to.

I am asking for help. I am begging for help from this forum. I hope someone is reading this and I hope it doesnt get closed.

as for the OP, i am not sure what you want to happen? the mods of the forum don't want to reopen the thread and they suggested you make a new thread about your problems. you might also find the sober recovery forum worth reading thru

With all due respect sir I dont want to read the sober recovery forum lol. Your comment is an insult to my situation. I havent used illegal drugs for over 20 years.

Apparently you have not been reading anything I wrote. But its cool. Its a common reaction when I try to tell my story.

I dont understand why the thread cannot be unlocked. Why is my simple request such a big problem? The thread should never have been closed in the first place IMO because none of the options presented would have helped him. The man was obviously desperately requesting help.

But you are the boss so I have no choice but to comply. But first Im going to try the other mods. I have only been denied by 1 mod. Or when I get the strength, I will copy and paste his entire story into a new thread, if you prefer. I am not looking to cause problems.

Although my situation is a sad story, I feel I have very important information after 40 years of experience to enter into your site that may save lives and I believe its extremely important to include slackboxed's experiences to my own..

Thanks

Im so sick I need to try and rest but I will be back when I get more strength..

Last edited:
then make a thread of your own and link to slackbox's thread. if you simply copy the closed thread word for word, your new thread will most likely be closed right away.

then make a thread of your own and link to slackbox's thread. if you simply copy the closed thread word for word, your new thread will most likely be closed right away.
I understand the moderators job is not easy. I respect all moderators that volunteer their time to organize and help make the forum a better place.

However I dont think I am asking for much. Its a simple request. I have important additional information to add to the original thread. My best bet will be to wait for Slackboxed to login because I will need his input. My story is so unbelievable that I will definitely need his support. I dont have the strengh to fight everyone here if there will be no benefit.

Thanks for the tip..

I understand the moderators job is not easy. I respect all moderators that volunteer their time to organize and help make the forum a better place.

However I dont think I am asking for much. Its a simple request. I have important additional information to add to the original thread. My best bet will be to wait for Slackboxed to login because I will need his input. My story is so unbelievable that I will definitely need his support. I dont have the strengh to fight everyone here if there will be no benefit.

Thanks for the tip..

Look at it from our perspective.
You have a "burning issue" that you want resolved.
Reading that closed thread sparked you into making all these posts.
Nobody is here to "fight", we know BL, we put in hours and hours of our time on BL not because we want to be heros or policemen or "the ones in charge".

So after reading through all your posts in this thread I honestly don't understand why you don't just open your own one.
You obviously want feedback and all these posts about reopening a closed thread being the only option in order for you to get some answers and then saying you will rather wait till someone logs in before you continue makes absolutely no sense - I mean you say
My story is so unbelievable that I will definitely need his support. I dont have the strengh to fight everyone here if there will be no benefit.
- so why wait, why keep asking us to reopen an old thread that was closed and refusing to take the most logical step and start a new thread in your own words.
This isn't just lip service, we are here to help members get the best and most up to date feedback that is possible.

I understand you don't have the strength to "fight everyone here".............dude, you are the one that is making this issue stressfull by basically saying if you can't get it done your way then you won't ask or share what you have to say.

Don't create problems and get yourself worked up when you can just start a thread.

Honestly, I don't understand why it seems like such a big deal.

Stop wasting time - just start the thread allready.
But if you don't want to then please stop complaining about it.

SL

(I'm not attacking you, I'm trying to help you get all the info you need asap).

As a moderator of Other Drugs (Just saying cuz you messaged my coworker, Brutus, but you could have easily messaged the entire OD crew at the same time without going over your greenlighter PM limit, for future reference, you can address future PM's to all of us by copying and pasting this into the Recipients field), be sure to remove the quotation "marks" but leaving the semicolons between our usernames as illustrated below:

"tricomb; brutus; znegative; mr.scagnattie; shreddedlettuce"

I just wanted to say that I was never contacted/PM'd about this, but I would have been (and still would be) happy to help in whatever way felt most appropriate. Did you PM Brutus with the content or post that you would have wanted to see added to this methadone-metabolism related thread you're talking about (Can you provide a link? That would help everyone to understand what you're trying to accomplish here)?

If he is saying that what you wanted to add to the thread is not worthy of re-opening the thread, then that's pretty much where it ends. But, seeing as how brutus is not only a close and trusted friend, but a solid moderator that would not be on my team if he was one to deny your addition to a thread if it would help other people in some way, or if it contributed to HR in a significant way. I'm not even sure if you messaged him with the content that you wanted added, but like I said, I'm more than happy to help in any way that I can, and I think that goes for all of Team OD, I think that there just may be a misunderstanding going on.

So yeah, please feel free to message us with the post/content you want added to the thread in question, with a link to the thread in question. To send a PM with multiple recipients, copy and paste the format and usernames I outlined for you above.

I have only asked one time to brutus. It was Chromophobias suggestion and I thought it was worth a try. If I somehow disrespected brutus by posting his response, then I apologize. That was not my intention. Im not here looking for trouble. Im asking for help. I thought it was a simple request to reopen a thread because I have important information to add. . My bad. My mistake.

With all due respect shreddedlettuce , Im sorry if I didnt start a new thread fast enough for you. Actually this thread pretty much tells my story so I may not need a new thread. But I understand its very confusing and maybe I need to rewrite it from the beginning and simplify it. But its not a simple problem with a simple solution. However thank you for taking the time to read it.

I am trying to get in touch with slackboxed but this may take time. My story is so unbelievable that I feel I need his input and support and Im sorry that you do not understand this shreddedlettuce. I tried to explain.

Thanks for trying to help tricomb. Yes of course its a misunderstanding. The information I wanted to add to the old thread is my own similar experience, in my own words and how I survived it, with a possible solution, supported by research.

I didnt know I could message all the mods at one time but its too late for that now, I guess. And I got the message loud and clear that the old thread will not be opened by any other mod. I mean no insult to brutus or any of Bluelights moderators.

If he is saying that what you wanted to add to the thread is not worthy of re-opening the thread, then that's pretty much where it ends.
No he definitely did NOT say that. I posted his exact reply above. After one PM, I was already over my limit so I could not have a conversation with brutus..He probably knows nothing of this thread. Not being able to hold a conversation with brutus because I had to wait 180 minutes or something like that, was a little frustrating and I guess it showed. When I get a chance I will write back to him explaining my situation., I work for a living so I have been very busy.

I appreciate your offer to help tricomb. Im going to try to explain my situation to brutus. Its complicated and this is the reason I am trying to do it "my way." I apologize if I came off being a jerk. Its just that I feel for slackboxed frustration and it hit a nerve. It hit home hard. I got overly anxious that I may finally get some closure after 35 years of suffering alone. But I must be patient.

Thanks everyone that has tried to help. Thanks Bluelight for allowing me to tell my story.

Everyone be patient. Try to cut me some slack. Like I said I work for a living and its hard to find time (and/or energy)to post here. Im also not computer savvy.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I went back and reread my posts and it appears that all I am doing is criticizing Bluelight. Well lol it wasnt my intention. I was so excited to find the old thread. Im not computer savvy and it was frustrating for me just simply trying to join BL and then try to post in a closed thread and then try go thru the proper channels to get it opened. Sometimes I get this "You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again" Like I said I work for a living and my time and patience is limited. I hope I dont have to rewrite this entire post.

I will write to brutus when this all calms down in a few days and try to plead my case because Im sure he has no idea what information I have to add. The whole thing is apparently confusing to readers because I have only had one reply to sincerely help our methadone problem but at least 4 mods have replied to this thread lol. . I believe if I had posted on the original old thread, it would not be confusing.

If brutus says still no after hearing more about it, then I will respect his wishes. Then some day in the future, if and when I get time, I will rewrite my entire story, from the beginning, but keep in mind my time is limited. Im too busy being sick!! What a sick joke. At least I can joke about it because I may have found a solution. A dim light at the end of a 35 year tunnel..

Thanks again. Apologies to brutus, shreddedlettuce, animal-cookie, tricomb, Blulight and anyone else that I rubbed the wrong way. Im very tired and possibly not thinking clearly.

Take care.

Last edited:
So yeah, please feel free to message us with the post/content you want added to the thread in question, with a link to the thread in question. To send a PM with multiple recipients, copy and paste the format and usernames I outlined for you above

Geez I feel like an idiot. I have been babbling on for an hour and I didnt even read down to your last sentence. I guess after being called a liar for 35 years made me defensive.

Thank you thank you . When I get a chance I will try to outline the contents that I wanted to add. If that doesnt work then so be it. Thanks again.

Its not as simple as adding content or a link to the old post, tricomb. I wanted it re-opened to add my very similar experience in my own words and how I managed to survive the ordeal this long. I would like to re-open the discussion and my recent discovery of ultra fast metabolism. I would like to hear outside opinions and comments. It would be best if Slackboxed would enter the discission if anybody can reach him. If not, at least we have his old posts. It needs to stay open because some day he may see it. Others, like myself, may find it and add content.

I will try and outline my request and send it out to you. Ive been up all night and I need to think it over when Im fresh because this will be my only chance. Im a bit confused as to why it was locked in the first place but Im sure you guys know whats best for your forum.

Give me a few days or maybe a week on this because Im busy this week. If the decision is to remain locked, you will hear no more complaints from me. I will always know that I tried my best. There is always the non preferred option of starting my own thread.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Go into the original thread and click on the QUOTE button of the OP.. copy everything that comes up in the text box.

Then make your own thread, paste the previous threads original post then add your story underneath.

Voila.

Go into the original thread and click on the QUOTE button of the OP.. copy everything that comes up in the text box.

Then make your own thread, paste the previous threads original post then add your story underneath.

Voila.
A moderator said if I tried to copy and paste it "would most likely be closed right away."

Last edited:
O.K so here is the deal. This thread is a mixture of discussions between re-opening a closed thread, bluelight policy, PMing people, and also part of your story about your experience with the methadone clinic. Therefore I can't really move this thread from here since its so messy, and Support isn't the forum to discuss your methadone situation in, so I'm going to have to ask you to discuss that in the proper forum, and keep the discussion in this thread to bluelight policy, recommendations, inquiries, and whatever else you want to ask about how it's run.

Also, as someone else mentioned please don't post 3x in a row. Instead we ask that you use the 'edit' function at the bottom right of your most recent post. You should read through this thread as well as the greenlighters guide which is linked in the green box at the top of this forum.

So just to reiterate what I've said so far, please keep this thread to info other than that of your actual story and questions about your methadone situation. For that discussion you should take the recommendation of starting a new thread instead of waiting for the chance that the other thread will be re-opened. Moderators can always merge the two threads if they decide on going that route, so instead of making this thread have 3-4 different topics going on at once you should just start the new thread in the appropriate forum so we can keep this thread on topic and within the scope of the Support forum.

Thanks.

P.S, slackboxed hasn't logged onto Bluelight in 5 months so I wouldn't count on him replying to you right away, although he may get an email notification about your PM if he has chosen that notification setting so that may make him reply sooner, but who knows. That's yet another reason to just start your own thread.

Last edited:
That's why you have your story underneath, that's not the same thing.
Are you sure?

He said

if you simply copy the closed thread word for word, your new thread will most likely be closed right away.

You may be right. I suppose I could try. The original thread would be much better though because the OP may see it and re-enter the discussion.

One of the mods told me to try again. I just got to write it up when Im thinking more clearly.

O.K so here is the deal. This thread is a mixture of discussions between re-opening a closed thread, bluelight policy, PMing people, and also part of your story about your experience with the methadone clinic. Therefore I can't really move this thread from here since its so messy, and Support isn't the forum to discuss your methadone situation in, so I'm going to have to ask you to discuss that in the proper forum, and keep the discussion in this thread to bluelight policy, recommendations, inquiries, and whatever else you want to ask about how it's run.

Thanks.

I have no problem if you want to shut it down. There is nothing more to discuss. Tricomb already told me what to do.

Im sorry if I posted in the wrong forum. I thought this was the annonymous forum. I couldnt communicate with brutus or anybody else for that matter because I reached my limit of 1 PM and I got impatient and posted here. Youre right what a mess lol. But I was starting to get a good discussion going and for that I appreciate it. But I guess thats over now too and I have to type the whole story over again. Oh well.

No.

Seriously you are asking for this thread to be closed.

Just open a new thread like i said.. Start with either your story AND a question, like - Has anyone else experienced this? Or asking for advice.. Anything to stop it becoming a "This is more suitable for your blog" closure.. and include a quote from the old thread you're talking about..

Stick it in homeless if you don't know where it should go. (I'd think it would fit better in Sober Living)