• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Raver dies after taking ecstasy

jimmyHIP said:
i don't see how anyone would be on here condoning MDMA use over alcohol or tobacco when we all know that taking E turns you into a retarded shell of a person.

Only idiots let themselves become that 'RETARD' and imo for many that is all but a phase they go through. Alcohol may turn you into a wreteched disgusting alcoholic heh who knows :| MDMA has only done many... many posiitive things for me and well as far as i'm concerned its 100% positive and what mdma and other psychs have done for my life! As for the posionious vile that is alcohol it makes me a nasty bastard to put it straight ALCOHOL IS EVIL! At least mdma brings out LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Now lets look at tobacoo shall we?... i need say no more!

c00kiemonster said:
Only idiots let themselves become that 'RETARD' and imo for many that is all but a phase they go through. Alcohol may turn you into a wreteched disgusting alcoholic heh who knows :| MDMA has only done many... many posiitive things for me and well as far as i'm concerned its 100% positive and what mdma and other psychs have done for my life! As for the posionious vile that is alcohol it makes me a nasty bastard to put it straight ALCOHOL IS EVIL! At least mdma brings out LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Now lets look at tobacoo shall we?... i need say no more!

Just ignore him, he's trolling.

lets look at MDMA-psychosis, brain damage, heart damage, liver/kidney damage, adulterants, feeling shitty for a week or more, depression, insomnia, anxiety, rape, false (induced) sense of euphoria.
Both alchohol and MDMA could be seen a s EVIL, my friend.

c00kiemonster said:
It a sad world ... depressing infact! imho i highly doubt that would of made any difference

Well it would've reduced the risk of it happening if anything. Nothing bad can come of proper education on drugs.

You see, what u have to remember kids, is that xtc is an extremely dangerous drug. Just say no.

No Smyth you got it wrong! It's a Deadly Drug, not dangerous...:)

The cigarette/booze defense isn't as strong as most BLer's think.

You need to divide the number of people using them divided by the number of deaths caused by them and than compare that to the number of illicit users of "Y" divided by the number of deaths caused by "Y".

You can't compare basic numerical death tolls.

You can't compare basic numerical death tolls but you can compare the effects. The effects of alcohol and ciggerates are much worse.

^Ok, what do you think would happen to someone if they were to consume ecstasy every single night for 5 years?
I know that consuming Alcohol every single night for 5 years can create some problems, but think about how fucked up you'd be if you took ecstasy every single night on a consistant on-going basis. Simply, it couldn't really be done, because the psychological and physical effects would be that detrimental after about 5 months of abuse. I think that tells me something clear about mdma.

Of course, using it in moderation is going to be better for you than getting drunk from alcohol every night though.

That's a ridiculous arguement mate. Ofcourse taking it every night for 5 years is going be bad for you. And its missing the point.

E itsself isn't as addictive as ciggerates or alcohol. Some people will get addicted to anything though i have to admit, but a person is more likely to addicted to ciggerates easier than E. Which overall makes ciggerates more dangerous, that's not even mentioning the fact that you can get cancer from smoking, E doesn't give you that.

You're missing my point. Something just doesn't have to be addictive to be dangerous.
Sure, I doubt there's anyone that does mdma every single night, but the only reason why noone does it every single night, is because they simply couldn't handle the long term effects.

Speak to someone that has been doing Ecstasy every weekend for a few years and I'm sure they'd tell you they have a whole myriad of physiological problems. You can't even hold a conversation with most people I know that have been using e every weekend, they have the memory of a fish.

You're making it sound like mdma is almost completely harmless. When it's very far from harmless.

Actually, my dealer used to do E every single night and he doesn't have any problems from what I can see.

And i'm going to try and not get annoyed here but this is what gets to me, where did I say E was harmless?

I SAID IT WASN'T AS ADDICTIVE AS CIGGERATES OR ALCOHOL WHICH MAKES IT LESS DANGEROUS YET THOSE OTHER DRUGS ARE LEGAL, IF THE GOVERNMENT USES THE EXCUSE ABOUT DRUGS BEING BAD FOR YOU FOR THEM TO BE ILLEGAL, THEN ALCOHOL AND CIGGERATES SHOULD BE BANNED TO.

I never said E was harmless.

Last edited:
I think there's a question involving how much alcohol you'd be consuming every night for 5 years and how much MDMA. Yes, one drink a night for 5 years will not cause much harm. But downing enough to get you completely wasted will definately take its toll in a lot less than 5 years.

Conversely taking enough MDMA for a good roll will be difficult to maintain for long. But taking a much lower dosage would likely not cause much of a problem at all.

Your argument is based on "normal" consumption levels, but that's difficult when you're comparing substances. You should compare based on similar intensity of effect, and in that case I'd say they'd come about even.

Shit, I did E every weekend and I can personally tell you I'm fucking half-retarded because of it.

I only roll once or twice a year now. Ecstasy IS a harmful drug...but it's so much damn fun

SmC said:
Actually, my dealer used to do E every single night and he doesn't have any problems from what I can see.
I'm not calling you a liar here, but I find it very, yes very hard that your dealer takes MDMA every single night. It would be non-economical (due to tolerance) and he would be increasing the neurotoxic effects of MDMA. Not only that, but he wouldn't be feeling anything in return, so all he's going to get is the negative effects of MDMA, ie: scattered, harsh comedowns, etc... and it is a known fact, that for some strange reason, it appears the more one consumes mdma/ecstasy, the more negative and less positive effects it produces. Sounds to me your dealer is talking out of his ass.

SmC said:
And i'm going to try and not get annoyed here but this is what gets to me, where did I say E was harmless?
Well, you're making it sound as though that if mdma/e/ecstasy, whatever you wanna call it is much more dangerous than alcohol if taken every single night. If that is the case, then why is it over in Ecstasy Discussion and Health q&A, not to mention the Dark Side... are there so many people making complains of severe short term memory difficulties, palpitations, speech impediments and difficulty pronouncing words they once had problems with, depression and anxiety problems. And these people haven't been using e every single night either! Just your typical punter who goes out and dumps a pill once a fortnight or so.

Could you, in all seriousness here.... imagine how serious their problems would be if they were using ecstasy every single night of the week for a few years.

SmC said:
I SAID IT WASN'T AS ADDICTIVE AS CIGGERATES OR ALCOHOL WHICH MAKES IT LESS DANGEROUS YET THOSE OTHER DRUGS ARE LEGAL, IF THE GOVERNMENT USES THE EXCUSE ABOUT DRUGS BEING BAD FOR YOU FOR THEM TO BE ILLEGAL, THEN ALCOHOL AND CIGGERATES SHOULD BE BANNED TO.

As I said in one of my previous posts. Just because something is non addictive doesn't mean that it is safer than alcohol and/or tobacco. Take a look at a few of these Research Chemicals. They're in no way addictive (people tend to use them once a month at the most, really), but they appear to be much more dangerous than even a high dosage of MDMA.
And to close this post, MDMA IS addictive. Very much psychologically so. It's just, as with just about all amphetamine drugs, doesn't appear to be physically addictive... and speaking of addictions, in my opinion physical withdrawal is nothing in comparison to the psychological aspects of addiction.

Diacetylus said:
I'm not calling you a liar here, but I find it very, yes very hard that your dealer takes MDMA every single night. It would be non-economical (due to tolerance) and he would be increasing the neurotoxic effects of MDMA. Not only that, but he wouldn't be feeling anything in return, so all he's going to get is the negative effects of MDMA, ie: scattered, harsh comedowns, etc... and it is a known fact, that for some strange reason, it appears the more one consumes mdma/ecstasy, the more negative and less positive effects it produces. Sounds to me your dealer is talking out of his ass.

I'm not sure how long he took E every night for, but i'm sure he's had the negative effects from it like coming down hard a few days later and all that, but he seems fine to talk to, don't think he's had any long term negative effects.

Diacetylus said:
Well, you're making it sound as though that if mdma/e/ecstasy, whatever you wanna call it is much more dangerous than alcohol if taken every single night. If that is the case, then why is it over in Ecstasy Discussion and Health q&A, not to mention the Dark Side... are there so many people making complains of severe short term memory difficulties, palpitations, speech impediments and difficulty pronouncing words they once had problems with, depression and anxiety problems. And these people haven't been using e every single night either! Just your typical punter who goes out and dumps a pill once a fortnight or so.

Well listen mate ive been doing E for 3 years and haven't been having any problems other than if i over do it then ill have a massive comedown a few days later. So my guess is they must be getting shit pills. And there may well be other stuff they've taken thats caused their problems.

Diacetylus said:
As I said in one of my previous posts. Just because something is non addictive doesn't mean that it is safer than alcohol and/or tobacco. Take a look at a few of these Research Chemicals. They're in no way addictive (people tend to use them once a month at the most, really), but they appear to be much more dangerous than even a high dosage of MDMA.
And to close this post, MDMA IS addictive. Very much psychologically so. It's just, as with just about all amphetamine drugs, doesn't appear to be physically addictive... and speaking of addictions, in my opinion physical withdrawal is nothing in comparison to the psychological aspects of addiction.

Man did you read my post? If the government really cared about the drug being safe for it to be legal then why are alcohol and ciggerates legal? E is only addictive if you easily get addicted to things or you don't have much else going on in your life, then its easy to get addicted to any drug.

E is only harmful if you over do it. If it was really that bad then man I tell you I would be fucked by now but..im fine. So that leads me to the conclusion that E is not as harmful as say ciggerates or alcohol unless you abuse it.

See, if i had been doing alcohol or ciggerates as much as E, right now my liver would be fucked and i would be getting fat from drinking, and my lungs would be black inside. And I would risk getting cancer. But E hasn't given me any problems so how can it be as harmful as those two drugs? Yes it can damage your memory, but I don't really care about that.

DJAcetone said:
Shit, I did E every weekend and I can personally tell you I'm fucking half-retarded because of it.

I only roll once or twice a year now. Ecstasy IS a harmful drug...but it's so much damn fun

Well depends how many pills you do a weekend i guess.

Do you think this guy would still be alive if they legalise E?

Yes I know it’s a ubiquitous comment, which is always made in these threads, and yes it shouldn't detract from the seriousness of this person losing their life but: I wonder how many humans died from alcohol in the Brixton on that same night?

Did the cops raid the pubs and clubs that served the alcohol?