Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Gx7wKwqWQ

Flat Beat - Mr. Oizo Electro I can dig

I remember the tune well from years ago, with the Levis advert :) To be honest, I find it a bit annoying, although not as annoying as most of the stuff that passes for electro these days (sorry Sykik, but that Rambrant track is incredibly cheesy and annoying). I'll give Flat Beat 5/10.

As for the previous track I posted - Ron Hardy Said (Eric Prydz remix) - I absolutely love it - it's a real ecstasy record - deep, driving, melodic, yet still funky. I could imagine Sasha playing it in Room 1 of Fabric at 6am on a Sunday morning :) As for the vocal sample at the start, I imagine it's Ron Hardy (hence the track title) - I'm sure if you asked one of the real house-heads on here (someone like StarOceanHouse), they'd be able to confirm that.

Anyway, this next track is proper electro:

Cybotron - Clear

havent heard anything like this for along time

7/10 :) tunage i feel

found myself involuntarily doing the robot in my chair....

haha

also u totally reminded me of how much a tune flatbeat is!!!

Dubstep amazingness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Pf3uhEsUk

take a while to get into it, but joiii tune :D

I felt like there was way too much going on for me to properly enjoy the track

There were some great parts to it though and i think if he spaced it all out instead of smashing everything together he would've had a great tune on his hands

4/10

Etienne De Crecy - Am I Wrong

Fuckin' brilliant tune!!! I never realised just how good this was until I heard James Holroyd drop it at a Bugged Out night in Manchester about 6 years ago. A lot of people think it's cheesy, but there's nothing at all cheesy about the beats or the synths. As for the vocal.........well..........it's just good fun :) I'm gonna give this one 9/10.

By the way Star - scroll up to my last post in this thread - there's a question you may be able to answer.

Anyway, on with the thread..........

H Foundation - Hear Dis Sound

^ haha damn you MDMAhead !!! i was typing out my reply for Technotronic - Pump up the Jam, i see you beat me to it !! argh, tho nice review i gave it a 10 =)

nice, that track is hypnotic. just the way its built wit the bongos, vocal sample echo one of those tracks after like 3 minutes u just get lost in the groove... the organ around 5:00 is a nice touch to keep it interesting. 7/10

Grovskopa - Sex And Violins

MDMAhead, I believe the voice in the Ron Hardy track isn't Ron Hardy. It's supposed to be DJ Pierre.

I found it a bit boring to be honest. It wasn't particularly funky, and the melodies weren't great. It wasn't annoying like hardstyle or commercial electro, but it just didn't inspire me. 5/10.

I can certainly see how Pacific 98 reminds you of Bukem by the way, and praise doesn't come much higher than that!!! I love the sound of the saxophone in dance music - so deep and sexy. And on that note:

The Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Dave Angel 'Nightmare' mix)

feelin it, really like that sample that sounds like a reverse bell in the intro, mmm the sax =) i didn't pay attention to the name so i guess i should've been expecting the "sweet dreams" sample but i was lost in the groove since the drums kicked in then when the sweet dreams sample came in it kinda knocked me out of my groove just because its so recognizable. i think i like it more without the sweet dreams sample, but thats just only after 2 listens, so it could grow on me...ima go 7/10

Javelin - Vibrationz

feelin it, really like that sample that sounds like a reverse bell in the intro, mmm the sax =) i didn't pay attention to the name so i guess i should've been expecting the "sweet dreams" sample but i was lost in the groove since the drums kicked in then when the sweet dreams sample came in it kinda knocked me out of my groove just because its so recognizable. i think i like it more without the sweet dreams sample, but thats just only after 2 listens, so it could grow on me...ima go 7/10

Javelin - Vibrationz

Definitely liked the hip hop'ish style of the song along with the flow. But overall it wasn't really my type of thing; 5/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FtLU8L872Q

I just ran across that video yesterday and am addicted to the song. I dont even know what its called yet. Anyways, rate away.

^ I'm not into trance anymore, but I'll try to be unbiased :)

I like the beat, and the melody between the first and second minute and was sad that it got replaced by some vocals, and wasn't impressed with the second half of the song 5/10. It'd be higher if they kept the elements from earlier on in the song.

I'm gonna put in a shameless burningman bump for Elite Force and Meat Katie, who I saw there and they freaking rocked the house.

Elite Force and Meat Katie - Non-beleiver
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO80OnMluUo

Mikkel Metal - Kenton
That was interesting. The whole track was like one long build. It didn't really go anywhere but I still feel compelled to appreciate it b/c of the atmosphere of tension and suspense it creates. 6/10

808 State-Qmart
Guess who contributed the vocals.

808 State-Qmart
Guess who contributed the vocals.

Hehe, it says it in the top right corner of the youtube clip, so I knew it was Bjork before the track even started! I like some of Bjork's stuff, and I like what I've heard of 808 State, but this track didn't really do much for me - it just kindof meandered along. 5/10.

I know what you mean about the Mikkel Metal track - it doesn't do much, but what it does, it does very well indeed imo - it really creates an atmosphere. It reminds me a bit of Basic Channel.

Robert Hood - The Pace