Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux!

Loved that track (two above)
9/10

Im totally in love with this song
I remember someone posted it i think in the last thread and i got to vote on it. I didnt really give it a proper score so im posting it again for someone else to give a proper score
The song is amazing!! Its not even my style and i love it

Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone

Im totally in love with this song
I remember someone posted it i think in the last thread and i got to vote on it. I didnt really give it a proper score so im posting it again for someone else to give a proper score
The song is amazing!! Its not even my style and i love it

Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone

Terrible commercial trance. 1/10. Made even worse by the fact that it's a total rip-off of Ferry Corsten's remix of Madagascar.

Art Of Trance - Madagascar (Ferry Corsten remix)

I really love her vocals... really lovely. That little popie melody synth in the back is epic.

8/10 for chill. great summer afternoon stuff.

Seeing this band next saturday in brisbane australia.. excited.. this track is interesting i feel.

Crystal Castles - Untrust Us

it has an almost the knife feel about it. I found it funky.

edit========

saw ferry corsten only last week, he is a true trance dj, no commerical cheese in there, i'm not a trance head, but it was seemless... corsten is a king of his genre. I appreciated it, but didn't love it.

Last edited:
For the longest time i loved CC. Then i saw them live. Now I cant stand them!!! I love the beats, and live the beats are still great, but Alice Glass is a fucking drugged up trainwreck, and her singing live has ruined her singing on the CD for me. Granted i never really enjoyed her annoying screaming in most songs on the CD in the first place, but after seeing her live, listening to the CD just brings up bad memories and vibes. There are a few songs i still digg, but this is not one of them. *if you plan on continuing to like CC, i suggest not seeing them live* (plus they bring the hipster crowd which is annoying. Like literally, the epitome of hipster.)

3/10

I cant remember if ive posted this song or not...Im pretty sure i havent...
Groove In You- Steve Angello & Dave Armstrong

For the longest time i loved CC. Then i saw them live. Now I cant stand them!!! I love the beats, and live the beats are still great, but Alice Glass is a fucking drugged up trainwreck, and her singing live has ruined her singing on the CD for me. Granted i never really enjoyed her annoying screaming in most songs on the CD in the first place, but after seeing her live, listening to the CD just brings up bad memories and vibes. There are a few songs i still digg, but this is not one of them. *if you plan on continuing to like CC, i suggest not seeing them live* (plus they bring the hipster crowd which is annoying. Like literally, the epitome of hipster.)

Sigh this happened when I saw gotye (austrlain guy), got warned not to see him, people said he was fail live, but i didn't listen and it was shit.....

FUCK WHAT TO DO..... on a shitness level how SHIT WILL IT BE.

Last edited:
Might check it out, it's at a festival so we'll see who else is playing at the same time. Thanks for advice.

^^ now to the song... I like the bass line and the soulesk melody going on. Especially with the kick and all.

7/10.

MSTRKRFT - Hearbreaker

there going to be at this festival as well... SO EXCITED.

... my next songs are going to be by bands from the festival.. metronomy, la roux, CC, mstrkrft, tiga, busy p, kaskade, A-trax.... going to be a good day...

Well sounds like you're in for some fun! Tiga, Busy P, aand Kaskade all have great live shows. A-Track is sort of a hit or miss, as is MSTRKRFT. The first time i saw both of them it was a total let down, but the second time i saw both of them they killed it!!! I guess you'll just have to be the judge ;)

As for the song
5/10
It was good, but it just didnt grab me.

Simian Mobile Disco - Sleep Deprivation

now if you really want an amazing show, go see Simian Mobile Disco. Their DJ sets are phenomenal, and their live sets are out of this world!!!!

Last edited:
[quote = Sykik]Sigh this happened when I saw goyte (austrlain guy)[/quote]
Do you mean Gotye; he had a single called "Heart's a Mess"? I'm not trying to correct you on the name but it's a shame to hear that he stinks live. Ever since I heard that song I had been looking for him to come to the US. I guess now I can stop looking.

Simian Mobile Disco - Sleep Deprivation
You can tell that track is made by pros at the top of their game. 8.5/10

I heard this on a randomized playlist this morning and thought it quite good.

[quote = Sykik]Sigh this happened when I saw goyte (austrlain guy)[/ quote]
Do you mean Gotye; he had a single called "Heart's a Mess"? I'm not trying to correct you on the name but it's a shame to hear that he stinks live. Ever since I heard that song I had been looking for him to come to the US. I guess now I can stop looking.

yeah it is sorry. Gotye.... he told the crowd to be quiet... etc etc... epic fail. his studio work is fucking great.... sorry to burst your bubble.... HEARTS A MESS is an awesome song... hes been off the aussie radar for quite a while so I don't know what he is doing...

Paulo Mojo & Jim Rivers - Ron Hardy Said (Eric Prydz mix)

Really liked the opening sample... the the haunting synth that backlays the whole track is soothing... the beat is subtle and keeps the track moving...

for techno... 7/10

Rambrant - Alarm

some more heavy-esk electro... i dig the break down..

I can stand one electro tune every now and then but if I'm in a club and thats what's been played for awhile it really grates on me. Most of its just too souless. I can kinda see where the appeal is with the driving synths and build ups and shit but not for me 5/10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Gx7wKwqWQ

Flat Beat - Mr. Oizo Electro I can dig

I do like that Ron Hardy tune though, anyone know who's talkin at the start?