Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux!

8/10
Ahahaha what is this? It's by Underworld, but it's basically a rock and roll song. I didn't know they made music like that. It's pretty good though. I think this is the best song by Underworld...

Underworld - Rez

P.S. "Dreams" is most definitely a 10/10. ;)

Rez is one of my favorite Underworld songs, trippy and spaced out while stilling having an upbeat vibe that lets you dance to it. This kind of stuff rocks my world on the dancefloor. :D 9/10

I've been listening to a lot of turn of the millennium house lately, lets see what you guys think:

Basement Jaxx - Romeo

Rez is one of my favorite Underworld songs, trippy and spaced out while stilling having an upbeat vibe that lets you dance to it. This kind of stuff rocks my world on the dancefloor. :D 9/10

I've been listening to a lot of turn of the millennium house lately, lets see what you guys think:

Basement Jaxx - Romeo
^
5/10..

Got some friends that I know love it, but just not my style.

edIT - More Lazers

Cheesy trance just isnt my thang. :\ The background beats reminded me of Above & Beyond though which I kinda liked as they're one of the few trance DJs I can tollerate (not including late 90's/early millennium trance).

That song was a bit depressing as well...

2/10

Time for some Bluetech. Everyone light up a bowl, and relaaaaxxxxx

Bluetech - Leaving Winter Behind

Cheesy trance just isnt my thang. :\ The background beats reminded me of Above & Beyond though which I kinda liked as they're one of the few trance DJs I can tollerate (not including late 90's/early millennium trance).

That song was a bit depressing as well...

2/10

Time for some Bluetech. Everyone light up a bowl, and relaaaaxxxxx

Bluetech - Leaving Winter Behind

Sines and singularities has got to be one of my favorite albums, period. 8/10

San- I Know

Danceable but unremarkable
4/10

Here's a song inspired by Levictus' pining for turn-of-the millenium house
Madison-"Don't Call Me Baby"

Kick ass!!! I would probably not like this kind of song if it was released now, but I just can't help feeling all happy and wanting to dance (I am at the Uni IT lab right, so that would look really weird =D). Some of it is probably nostalgia as I was 11/12 when this song was released, but on the other hand the beats are still pretty slick. The late 90's/early 2000's were a good time for popular electronic music, you have the rise of progressive trance, big beat, house... Man I hate being nostalgic, makes me feel old. :\ Sometimes I just can't help it tho... 8/10

Let's keep the turn of the millennium party going:

Rui da Silva - Touch me

marsmellow said:
8/10
Ahahaha what is this? It's by Underworld, but it's basically a rock and roll song. I didn't know they made music like that. It's pretty good though. I think this is the best song by Underworld...

Underworld - Rez

P.S. "Dreams" is most definitely a 10/10.

I would describe 'Underneath The Radar' as synthpop. Infact, when I mentioned in a previous post that Underworld were hugely influenced by New Order, I really wasn't joking. Check out Freur - Doot Doot for further evidence (Freur included Karl Hyde and Rick Smith, who later went on to become Underworld).

'Rez' is easily a 10/10 song. I'm not sure it's Underworld's best track - that's a very hard call to make. But Rez is undoubtably a masterpiece!!!

Let's keep the turn of the millennium party going:

Rui da Silva - Touch me

I actually bought this on CD at the time it was released (it's still in my CD rack now!). I also had the pleasure of hearing Danny Tenaglia play it at a dance festival in 2002 (he had his own tent, where he played a 6-hour set :) ). It's a gorgeous slice of deep house, and gets an 8/10 from me!!!

Telex - L'Amour Toujours

Some nice bass, but just couldnt get sucked into it. Was expecting much more from AC Slater. :\
4/10

JuJu - Punks
Now for some real dubstep ;)

It was alright. Not bad but not earth-shaking. I liked the panning hi-hats.
5/10
Congorock-"Exodus"

Not bad, was this supposed to be tech house or just techno? However, I still think the song need some more variety or maybe a different hook or something.

I am still in my "retro" turn of the millennium house tracks mode. If anyone can remember any more popular turn-of-the millennium house/dance tracks, please PM me and/or post it this thread. The kind of stuff that I looking for would be in the MTV Dance top 20 charts.

Armand Van Helden - U Don't Know Me

I am still in my "retro" turn of the millennium house tracks mode. If anyone can remember any more popular turn-of-the millennium house/dance tracks, please PM me and/or post it this thread. The kind of stuff that I looking for would be in the MTV Dance top 20 charts.

Armand Van Helden - U Don't Know Me

Personally I see this as pretty cheesy stuff. I guess I'd dance to it if a DJ threw it on, but I wouldn't go to any great lengths to seek it out, and if my friends all wanted to leave a party and do something else, hearing this track on the system wouldn't convince me otherwise. 3/10.

Hektagon - Strange Voices