Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux!

Just not that big a fan of Hard Trance(?)
3/10

Kenny Dope - Get On Down (Pushin' Dope E.P.)

Damn you, Thizzer!!! - I was about to rate the previous track, but you just beat me to it!!! - I was gonna give it 3/10 too - it just sounded like slowed-down hardstyle to me.

Your track was great - funky, laid-back hip-hop, with a really cool sax hook - not really club music, but perfect for a lazy day of drinking in the sun, or maybe chillin' at the beach (man I miss Melbourne!!!). 7/10.

This next track is by Underworld (before they were called Underworld). It's from 1983:

Freur - Doot Doot

Damn you, Thizzer!!! - I was about to rate the previous track, but you just beat me to it!!! - I was gonna give it 3/10 too - it just sounded like slowed-down hardstyle to me.

Your track was great - funky, laid-back hip-hop, with a really cool sax hook - not really club music, but perfect for a lazy day of drinking in the sun, or maybe chillin' at the beach (man I miss Melbourne!!!). 7/10.

This next track is by Underworld (before they were called Underworld). It's from 1983:

Freur - Doot Doot

Interesting, they remind of "The Cure" for some reason, with elements of electronica. A little new waveish though. :) 6/10

Marco Bailey - Caliente

That was a really dull drum n bass track. It didn't do anything interesting at all. It seems that they added those vocal samples just to give the track a bit of novelty value. 4/10.

A Guy Called Gerald - The Nile

Good, old skul Drum & Bass. I really like the futuristic sound in this one. I can only imagine how out of the world this stuff sounded to people who rolled to this live back in the day. In general, I really like futuristic sounding sounding Drum & Bass. 8/10

And now for some backroom beats:

The Egg - Lost at Sea

^^
Nice one! Very relaxing tune. Downtempo at it's best! 9/10

A nice deep house track, but no way near as good as Stryke's acid dub mix of the track.

I don't think you can compare those two tracks. The original is a deep house track build around the lyrics while this remix is more acidic and the vocals don't play such an important role IMO. Still it's a top notch tune as well, no doubt.

The speedfreak - hated --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXWiev9NC18

One of my favorites! So much energy in this track and he really has a feel for choosing the most appropriate samples (snap, star wars and so on)

It's pretty tough to go wrong with any UR. That was great; dark in a mysterious instead of scary way. Not overloaded or frantic but good movement throughout. 8/10
Jeff Mills-"Gamma Player"

Decent, I am not too big of a fan of this type of low key techno. I guess I don't normally like techno unless it's minimal or has influences from other EDM genres. 5/10

Corrupt Souls - Dropzone

Man I have been listening to a lot of Drum & Bass lately :D

Last edited: