Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part 2+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is a really good trance tune, and IMO James Holden is an absolute genius, but IMO the Way Out West remix is soooooooooo much better than the original (infact, the WOW remix is probably my alltime favourite progressive house track!!!!). I'm gonna give the original 7.5/10 (whereas I would give the WOW remix 10/10).

Anyway, here's some dark electronica - marsmellow - you might like this one:

O/V/R - Crippled Nurse (and Water)

This is a really good trance tune, and IMO James Holden is an absolute genius, but IMO the Way Out West remix is soooooooooo much better than the original (infact, the WOW remix is probably my alltime favourite progressive house track!!!!). I'm gonna give the original 7.5/10 (whereas I would give the WOW remix 10/10).

Anyway, here's some dark electronica - marsmellow - you might like this one:

O/V/R - Crippled Nurse (and Water)

We'll have to agree to disagree - I strongly prefer the original :). I agree though that James Holden is brilliant. When asked what my favorite electronic genre is I can honestly just say "James Holden" because his music fits my personal tastes so well. What genre his biggest tracks belong to can be debated to no end, but whatever they are, its a perfect progressive blend of house, trance, and possibly even some techno without the more annoying trappings any one of the genres tend to fall into.

7/10, pretty good track. It is a decent genre. And I thought the only type of techno that suited my tastes was minimal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06fvMtgIWaE&feature=related

We'll have to agree to disagree - I strongly prefer the original :). I agree though that James Holden is brilliant. When asked what my favorite electronic genre is I can honestly just say "James Holden" because his music fits my personal tastes so well. What genre his biggest tracks belong to can be debated to no end, but whatever they are, its a perfect progressive blend of house, trance, and possibly even some techno without the more annoying trappings any one of the genres tend to fall into.

7/10, pretty good track. It is a decent genre. And I thought the only type of techno that suited my tastes was minimal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06fvMtgIWaE&feature=related

Decent techno, a little bit more energy or groove would have made this a better track. 6/10

Shy Fx - Original Nuttah

Decent techno, a little bit more energy or groove would have made this a better track. 6/10

Shy Fx - Original Nuttah

That's typically not my style but I liked the flavor a lot. Made me wanna go listen to some dub. 7/10?

Cristian Vogel-Absolute

Older, original minimal techno. Keep in mind works like these were produced before everybody and their grandmother started using ableton, reason and vsts etc. Before the laptop sound, etc.

I love techno, but I found that a little boring. The poor sound quality in the clip didn't help. 5/10.

like i said minimal techno..........but anyway the sound quality might have been due to being ripped from vinyl? Becoming a lost art these days, that.

Really liked this one, loved that bass line kickin in over the top and that spun out feel to it as well as the piano break, dark but complex with some old skool samples buried deep in the mix, I'll be checkin out more ot the same.

This, probably the most important dance track of my life (big up the Luton Massive =D=D)

Exodus - Kindread Spirit Mix

Really liked this one, loved that bass line kickin in over the top and that spun out feel to it as well as the piano break, dark but complex with some old skool samples buried deep in the mix, I'll be checkin out more ot the same.

This, probably the most important dance track of my life (big up the Luton Massive =D=D)

Exodus - Kindread Spirit Mix

Well, Bob Marley has never really been my taste - and this remix doesn't really change much I'd say. It doesn't really say me anything. The quality is really poor also. 3/10

Here's the next: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vZ3V6fswnE

Status
Not open for further replies.