Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part 2+2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Audiotwist:

3/10, but only because I am over that particular formula for sound. It is at least 20 years on and tired--to me. :)

@vinyljunkie:

2/10 That ish sounds like a lot of the unsigned stuff coming out of grimey little cities like Philly and Baltimore. There isn't anything UK about it to me except the accent.

Machinedrum - U Don't Survive

@ Noodle ....and the fact that its all been produced in the uk and its uk funky??
Americans will never fully understand our underground dance music scene.
tho i do like your song choice.

@Audiotwist:

3/10, but only because I am over that particular formula for sound. It is at least 20 years on and tired--to me. :)

@vinyljunkie:

2/10 That ish sounds like a lot of the unsigned stuff coming out of grimey little cities like Philly and Baltimore. There isn't anything UK about it to me except the accent.

Machinedrum - U Don't Survive

I like this minus that clacking snare, I guess is what it is...that sound is just too flat and abrasive for me. 4/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_x7DFmgX8M

6/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlqZFRGt5Bs drops @ 2:50 for you impatient fuckers
It was ok but nothing really stood out for me. I guess I tend to get bored of trance.

Great track by Joey. He's always been on of my favorite producers and it shows that he can produce quality tracks. The infusion of classical music and electro house never sounded better. 8/10

I still miss his jackin house tracks though. I hope when the popularity for electro house dies down he comes back to his roots:

Mario Fabriani - Good God Almighty

I'm only making an observation based on some of the unsigned/underground stuff coming out of those two East Coast cities.

That sound isn't unique is all I am saying. Funk is an American specialty, believe you me.

:)

im sure SOH will dig this. allow me toss in my 2cents. great, deep, lounge vibes. like the vocals too. i can see this playing when the sun is going down and your just chillin at an outdoor shindig and you're not feeling that great but this comes on and you're like fuck it! when does it get better ?! it gets better right now! dope track. 7.5/10

Future Beat Alliance - Freeform

This felt a little soulless. There was something rather naive about it. It belt up and broke down in a rather formulaic and dated way, and some of the synths were slightly cheesy. I'm not sure if you've ever watched one of those video tours of a building that's been mocked up in a 3d architecture program, but it sounds just like the music they tend to play during those. 4/10

Funkystepz - Dirty Dutch

Last edited:
Last edited:
Gabriel & Dresden are dooooope! Got to see them last year in D.C. They killed it! Trance is not necessarily my favorite music, but I like it and I like this song! 8/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB-3-TVjrxU This is IMO easily one of the best electronic songs ever made. I cant believe how good these guys are live!

I've am not really a big fan of post-"I'm the Supervisor" Infected Mushroom, but this track was actually decent. You can definitely feel all the stand-out elements that have made IM's music special. 7/10

I am going to bed the rules a little and post another IM track:

Infected Mushroom - Drop Out

6/10
I think I would have liked an instrumental better. Infected Mushroom is nice, but idk, never really been that into 'em.

Shanti Roots & Scheibosan - Yoni

One of my all time favorite tracks. Took me forever to get a copy of it.

8/10, I love downtempo music, and Indian music as well! Some parts are a little drawn out but good song for the most part :)

Sweater Beats - Like That (Make You Feel)

Real smooth and relaxing song. Dunno if it'll be your cup of tea but I really enjoy it~

Status
Not open for further replies.