Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part 2+2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I'm not "some people". That was dope. There was some nice attention to detail in the stereo image and the sound design was pretty cool. It didn't really have any obvious arrangement or progression though so I found it a little hard to follow or get comfortable with but still liked the way it sounded; not very much like any psytrance I've heard before but I do hear a lot of similarities with industrial music. I'd prob lose my shit to this if under the influence.
7/10

Boo Williams - "Mortal Trance"

Great track. Nice energy, kept me moving my feet a bit too :) I don't know why I got a flashback from Berlin when listening to this track. Have I heard it there? Hmm. Maybe? Nice old-school vibe in the track. 7.5/10 (I know, but it makes it easier to put a half. Otherwise I'm just pondering should it be 7 or 8 endlessly)

We seem to be quite few here, it's good that people keep posting in this thread to keep it alive. Keep posting people! I love this thread.

Androcell - Ganja Baba

Last edited:
Great track. Nice energy, kept me moving my feet a bit too :) I don't know why I got a flashback from Berlin when listening to this track. Have I heard it there? Hmm. Maybe? Nice old-school vibe in the track. 7.5/10 (I know, but it makes it easier to put a half. Otherwise I'm just pondering should it be 7 or 8 endlessly)

We seem to be quite few here, it's good that people keep posting in this thread to keep it alive. Keep posting people! I love this thread.

Androcell - Ganja Baba

2/10 terrible imo, the beat is abrasive to my ears, the weird shponglesqe chanting etc just isnt my thing and the synths/pads im also not a fan of

Bloc Party - Where is Home (Burial Remix)

2/10 terrible imo, the beat is abrasive to my ears, the weird shponglesqe chanting etc just isnt my thing and the synths/pads im also not a fan of

Bloc Party - Where is Home (Burial Remix)

I would swear that Burial just remakes the same 2 songs over and over again. Either its a very ambient, almost beatless, floating track or it's a lo-fi 2 step rhythm over trip-hop sounding samples. If I heard this one song I would think "Wow, that's a really cool sound," but after hearing numerous Burial tracks, I'm over the novelty. I didn't really think that track did Bloc Party much justice but liked the "deepness" of it. Overall, I felt it lacked originality though.
3/10

Maya Jane Coles - "Hummingbird"

Nice and deep stuff, laid back, I really enjoy this kind of house although I don't listen to it much. Fat bass, hypnotic track. 7/10

This one is not for the fainthearted:

Samadhi - Android

See what you mean! Didn't mind it though, just not completely my cup of tea - 6/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T_PdpfUwJo

Project Bassline - Master Blaster (President Mix)

The amount of times I've played this at parties, seen peoples faces drop during the (rather prodigy-like intro) saying stuff like 'what the fuck's this' only to go completely nuts when the bassline drops in - priceless tune

lol, I've seen that video before. Michael Jackson meets Bollywood! The music sounds like they're remixing the original thriller song's instrumental with a casio keyboard and vocals with a hindi bollywood singer. While the music was far from innovative, the comedic aspect of the video gives this song some points. 7/10

Culture Shock - Bad Red

This was def new and interesting, i haven't heard anything like this before, not my style but each to there own & respect.
6/10

RÜFÜS - Paris Collides

Nice and mellow track. I liked the melody but not that much the vocals. At times they were OK but at times too cheesy. I also think the track was a bit short (or maybe it only was a part of it, I don't know). Still too much of a "pop" track for me. 5/10

O.O.O.D. & OTT - Eye Of The Beholder

Status
Not open for further replies.