Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part 2+2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my first exposure but I think I like Celtic Cross better than Shpongle. That was full of delicate sounds but still had my head bobbing. There is so much good to say about that track; its intricacy, sound design, dynamics, texture...It's all so good. The way everything built to 4:00 and then dropped out created soooo much tension. Waiting for the next drop was killing me. I was disappointed that it never came. I liked how during that breakdown, the motif kept playing in the background to keep things psychedelic without getting too freeform and messy.
That was like a piece of good classical music but was anticlimactic 6/10.

Gary D - "Sunbeam"

Wow. I get goosebumps from old school rave tracks like this. The feeling is just...undescribable. Because of the nostalgia. Great energy in the track, I also liked the depth in it. It was very hypnotic, while being a bit repetitive though. The occassional "melody drop" without beat had an ambient-like feel to it. Altogether a very nice track. 7/10

Artifact303 - Close Encounter

Wow. I get goosebumps from old school rave tracks like this. The feeling is just...undescribable. Because of the nostalgia. Great energy in the track, I also liked the depth in it. It was very hypnotic, while being a bit repetitive though. The occassional "melody drop" without beat had an ambient-like feel to it. Altogether a very nice track. 7/10

Artifact303 - Close Encounter

That's my kind of psytrance track! Deep and energetic! 8/10

Extrawelt - Dark Side Of My Room

This is pretty solid, nice and chilled, not the style of hip hop I would usually choose to listen to but I can imagine it working really well as a soundtrack in that film. The cadence and vibe reminded me of a lot of french rap. 6/10

Lemon Jelly - '88 aka Come Down On Me

When it started I didnt think it would be anything good but then suddenly boom, vey nice. Its relaxed and energetic at the same time:p. 7.5/10

Ott - Smoked Glass and Chrome

It's one of my productions mate, I can never finish a tune as I get bored but may get round to finishing this one as it has potential. It's just a basic bager at the moment and def needs more work but alas it's just a sample at the moment.
i feel you on that. i do the same thing. it def has potential tho. be sure to hit me up if u get around to finishing it.

can't really vibe to this. dunno why exactly, i think its the vocals. i dig the end when the vocal stops. id rate it higher if it was just an instrumental. clean production. almost sounds too clean to me, like really pretty and polished, personally i find it somewhat distracting and prefer a more raw sound, but that's just me. i give it a5/10

EQD -- Equalized #005

It was a quite "easy going" track, but somehow for me it became background music. It couldn't keep up my interest til the end. The melodies very nice, although it had parts where it was a bit too cheesy for me. Something was lacking, but I can't pinpoint exactly what it was. It had an old school vibe I did like though, since I'm a bit of a nostalgic.

6/10

Etnoscope - Cloud Surfing

Last edited:

i happen to listen Flying Lotus..so including&compared to the other jams ive heard ill give an 8/10.

the only thing that gets to me about them, is how most of their tracks end so abruptly, other-wise itD of been a 9r, there are a few artists i can thin k of who will do this often, but, once its in my head later im not so bothered.

;)

T|G - Splitting Sky
... have some fun with this one.

i happen to listen Flying Lotus..so including&compared to the other jams ive heard ill give an 8/10.

the only thing that gets to me about them, is how most of their tracks end so abruptly, other-wise itD of been a 9r, there are a few artists i can thin k of who will do this often, but, once its in my head later im not so bothered.

;)

T|G - Splitting Sky
... have some fun with this one.

That didn't really catch my attention. I appreciate the dark ambiance, but I just couldn't 'feel' this track. 4/10

Bachelors Of Science - Have You Ever Tried

Arctic Night - My Feelings sounds like something Above & Beyonds label Anjunabeats would make but a chilled out version

That was a pretty anthemic DnB track. I quite liked it and it didn't sound like alot of DnB I've heard before. 7/10
Terrance Parker - "Pure Disco"

Until 0:50 I thought, oh no not this groovy stuff, but when the bass kicked in it got better instantly. The melody that started at 3:33 was nice, this track would have got fewer points without it. It definitely kept me more interested. But still the track was too groovy for my taste, although not bad. To define "groovy" for me is hard, since there's good groovy stuff too. But generally I just use the term in cases like this track, because I don't know a better term.

5.5/10 (I just couldn't decide between 5 or 6)

G-Pal feat Anna Maria X - Ocean Of Blue (Sultan Remix)

Let's not forget the ratings! ;)

Yeah this thread was becoming far too dead, more action needed! Love this thread. It's a great opportunity for me to get to listen to various styles of electronic music since I mostly listen to psy/goa. This time I actually came up with a track that's not psy-related.

That was a pretty good progressive track. I don't know why but the vocals took away from the track. I would have given it an 8 if it wasn't for the vocals. Honestly, vocals only belong in soulful house or liquid dnb tracks. But the music was recall good and driving. That'd be cool if they just had an instrumental version of this track. 7/10.

This next track might be too much for some people. who knows though lol

Antagon - Cosmic Dust Activity

I'm glad I'm not "some people". That was dope. There was some nice attention to detail in the stereo image and the sound design was pretty cool. It didn't really have any obvious arrangement or progression though so I found it a little hard to follow or get comfortable with but still liked the way it sounded; not very much like any psytrance I've heard before but I do hear a lot of similarities with industrial music. I'd prob lose my shit to this if under the influence.
7/10

Boo Williams - "Mortal Trance"

Status
Not open for further replies.