Rate the song above you: non-electronic music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmmmmmmm PJ Harvey.... not so into the song, but I could watch that on repeat for tha PJ. Gives it a 6/10. Not so into Josh Homme. I saw QOTSA in 2005 and their guitarist and drummer in particular were impressive, but I've never really enjoyed the song writing.

Cat Power - Ruin

I have reached my peak with J.H. I think his old stuff was pretty damn good but was very surprised that "Them Crooked Vultures" received a Grammy. That was a supergroup with no real soul. I was also displeased with PJ's follow up to DRY. Did she sell out? Long time ago.

This song "Crawl Home" is kind of old. I want the days of Acoustic guitars, harmonious vocals and pure music from the garage back. There is no faking it live. I know it exists. It always does. I just do not hear anything special, even on college radio anymore.Any suggestions?

^ Wrong thread, bro.

Mmmmmmmmm PJ Harvey.... not so into the song, but I could watch that on repeat for tha PJ. Gives it a 6/10. Not so into Josh Homme. I saw QOTSA in 2005 and their guitarist and drummer in particular were impressive, but I've never really enjoyed the song writing.

Cat Power - Ruin

Hmmmm, not sure how I feel about this one. I haven't heard this particular Cat Power record, but this song seems much poppier than her earlier work. I suppose it's interesting to hear her take on a more contemporary sound, but overall the song doesn't really appeal to me. Judged in its own context I guess the song is alright, if not certainly better than other artists of the genre, but it lacks emotion and sentimentality of her earlier material.

Rating: C/10

Bill Collectorz - "Space Walk"

^ Wrong thread, bro.

Hmmmm, not sure how I feel about this one. I haven't heard this particular Cat Power record, but this song seems much poppier than her earlier work. I suppose it's interesting to hear her take on a more contemporary sound, but overall the song doesn't really appeal to me. Judged in its own context I guess the song is alright, if not certainly better than other artists of the genre, but it lacks emotion and sentimentality of her earlier material.

Rating: C/10

Bill Collectorz - "Space Walk"

5/10 as it sees very old hat dnt know why its as if iv heard it before some where just done better the video i would give a 7/10 though

epitaph king crimson http://youtu.be/kqVeDuZR2_8

3/10 really not my thing this one reminds me of a tv advert for coffee or something . the players have talent just not my style :)

http://youtu.be/axiyGqitopQ scum of the earth white zombie . not to sure about this one my self at the minute as it seems out of place when not played on the album

6/10 I really like the music and the dudes voice makes a cool ambient sound. But I have a hard time understanding him at the beginning of the song. Good song I added to my youtube playlist will check out more from them.

Dax Riggs- Didnt know yet what I would know when I was Bleeding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l17j7DYzug

I srsly thought Dax Riggs was a country singer
I googled him while listening to the song and I gotta say while the song was alright, 6/10, he reminds me of an inferior version of Jack White. Both in how he sings and how he looks in some of the google pics

You really just have to listen to this whole album to understand this song at all, but still it's my favorite from The Hazards of Love, mostly because of Shara Worden, and we can only post one song at a time...

Rating this song wouldn't make much sense because this is one of those albums you have to listen completely to really enjoy it. But this is probably my favorite part of the album. Pretty rockin and funky towards the end. Shara's voice is reminiscent of Fiona Apple's. nice one.

9/10

The Bird and the Bee - Meteor

Status
Not open for further replies.