Rap beef thread v. RIP Drake

Kendrick Lamar is a Pulitzer prize winner... Pretty universally renowned. Sure, it's a way to get free press I guess.

I first heard/saw Kendrick Lamar's Swimming Pool (Drank) when it came out in 2012. I was an alcoholic then around that period, I've since become sober, but no matter what I'm on (or not) it always sticks with me. Do people ironically get drunk to it? Sure. But does it reach out and touch people, and send a meaningful message? You're goddamn right.

I don't know about you but I get so f***ing sick of idiots on Youtube talking about there being "no good music anymore". Its right up there with the "Kids these days ain't shit" on message boards.

And (to me) good music comes from almost every genre. The last event I ever went to was a Dierks Bentley country concert with my mom (2017). I still remember seeing the music video for Party Up (Up in Here) by DMX back when it came out during my childhood (2000), and listening to Eminem's "Drug Ballad" years later. And I'm not ashamed to admit "Mean" by Taylor Swift touches me. Also I remember a Van Halen concert early in my childhood where the opening song was greeted by smoke and the smell of ganja.

Great music is alive and well, there are plenty of 20+ year old bands still touring (and doing it well). But the adage "You can never make everybody happy" holds true regardless of generation. Sometimes I think the only solutions are drive-bys: roll past these haters' houses blasting the great tunes of the current era.

I've read that Tidal is pretty much the best as far as paying artists out for streams. Does it work well for you in comparison to other streaming services? Once I get some money to afford one I was thinking of getting it.
I love it and they recently dropped their prices iirc

I first heard/saw Kendrick Lamar's Swimming Pool (Drank) when it came out in 2012. I was an alcoholic then around that period, I've since become sober, but no matter what I'm on (or not) it always sticks with me. Do people ironically get drunk to it? Sure. But does it reach out and touch people, and send a meaningful message? You're goddamn right.

I don't know about you but I get so f***ing sick of idiots on Youtube talking about there being "no good music anymore". Its right up there with the "Kids these days ain't shit" on message boards.

And (to me) good music comes from almost every genre. The last event I ever went to was a Dierks Bentley country concert with my mom (2017). I still remember seeing the music video for Party Up (Up in Here) by DMX back when it came out during my childhood (2000), and listening to Eminem's "Drug Ballad" years later. And I'm not ashamed to admit "Mean" by Taylor Swift touches me. Also I remember a Van Halen concert early in my childhood where the opening song was greeted by smoke and the smell of ganja.

Great music is alive and well, there are plenty of 20+ year old bands still touring (and doing it well). But the adage "You can never make everybody happy" holds true regardless of generation. Sometimes I think the only solutions are drive-bys: roll past these haters' houses blasting the great tunes of the current era.
There's new music that's great too, but I feel like people love complaining about mainstream stuff and never look any further. Gotta have curiosity to find the gems

I love Yelawolf too... Honestly he'd probably take Tupac's spot in my top 5. I of course respect Tupac a ton but I don't personally jam a lot of his music

Yelawolf is good, I like his stuff too. My former roommate introduced me to him. Some of his stuff isn’t so great but I like how he kinda combines skater-hip hop-hillbilly culture into one mix that somehow works lol

Hip-hop is pretty weird, culturally-speaking…I was just thinking about that the other day. If you were to just make an assumption about me based on geography and racial demographics (white & from rural America) you may assume that id be into country music. And, while I do enjoy some of it from back in the day, I fucking loathe most country music lol, even though it supposedly speaks directly to my life experiences as a white guy from bubba land.

Meanwhile we were listening to UGK (rip pimp c!) and NWA and other shit that may as well have come from another galaxy as far as our lived experiences were concerned

Hell deficiT, put me in my place by telling me to listen to the track. He was right big big time. R.I.P. Drake

I'm sure Kendrick Lamar won the fight but listening to the tracks these are some stale ass rap songs. The beats are repetitive and anonymous placeholders, which i'm sure enhances the experience for consumers who have succumbed to the gossip type appeal of this.

Drake is just a complete fucking retard right?

Speaking of disses and battles and Kendrick Lamar i think this is a killer track

Last edited:
Will Kendrick now get dissed from picking such low hanging fruit :D

The gossip circle may continue without any nigga having to pop a nigga. The authenticity of rap has been undermined. jk