Rap beef thread v. RIP Drake

Apparently everyone in California is losing their mind about this... It's all anyone's talking about and everyone's bumping Kendrick... That's awesome lol
Dude, "Not like us" on the radio here in a 10000 person town in SW France. My mom came down earlier and was like...that song you've had on repeat for an hour is on the station.

This shit causing a global tsunami and for good reason. Feel like this is the third epoch of rap beef in some ways. We had Tupac vs. Biggie, Eminem vs. Ja rule, benzino, MGK etc and now we have some no holds barred straight menacing lines from both sides.

Ultimately, I think K.dot has consistently bodied Drake aka "certified paedophile." He's doing better numbers too.

Drake's latest response within this last hour...

Yo this beef is incredibly juicy and fucked up lol... This is definitely hip hop history in the making. I have seen some people saying "oh no one's gonna be talking about this in a couple months"... And I call bullshit lol. It's basically all anyone's been talking about, and it's a pretty classic story, and the music coming from it is great.

I'm still in K.dots corner for sure. I don't think it's even a really good diss... There's something conciliatory about it.

I'm still in K.dots corner for sure. I don't think it's even a really good diss... There's something conciliatory about it.
Yeah it had to sit with me for a minute before I could process it, but after thinking about it, it is a pretty dumb and cringe worthy response to the whole thing. He basically responded to the underage girls accusations by just randomly claiming Kendrick himself was molested, which is, idk just gross. Especially when considering there is still plenty of evidence to point that he's a little sus.

Also.... LMAO... Dude must've been in some kind of rush and not proof read, cause when you take the words away from before and after in this line, you get left with this:

I would be content with it ending here, I think Drake looks pretty weak after that one. I don't think either one stand to gain anything more, there's too much mud slinging and accusations and a lot of this stuff is gonna be hard to prove and just be speculation unless some serious shit goes down. I think the only thing they each have to gain is to put out another noteworthy banger of a track. And imo, Kendrick is definitely ahead on that front of just having better music out of it, push ups and family matters was alright from drake, but this one fell short. I've lost track of the sweet shit Kendricks put out.

At the same time, I would NOT be surprised if there was some actual weight behind some of the things Kendrick is really saying and there's a big problem coming Drake's way. Yeah he's still a big star but these rap industry guys seem like they legitimately hate him.

You gotta remember that Drake was the type of dude to lean into a "conspiracy theory" that he was responsible for another big up and coming rappers death, a guy that Kendrick admired and was working with. And you gotta remember that Pac and Biggie both got killed, and a fuck lot of other dudes. Like yeah sometimes beefs are strictly for clowning and shit and competition, but this does NOT seem like one of them. I mean these are serious charges and there actually are some sketch balls in this industry. I wouldn't be surprised if Drake's behavior about XXX in 2018, whether he was involved in his death or not, has something to with this and why Kendrick literally hate this mother fucker so much.

Kendrick made sure to give back to the ENTIRE Internet community by removing copyright for Internet content... This is honestly a revolutionary move right here, YouTube/etc creators are making life changing money right here, even smaller channels are growing huge after this... Shaq talks about it here

Oh no, the holy trinity of millennial musicians is turning on each other!

(In case you didn’t know, the holy trinity is Kendrick Lamar, Drake, and Taylor Swift lol. Also perhaps Lady Gaga, but she kind of exists in her own thing)

I do have many fond memories of Kendrick Lamar’s music…I really liked that song “swimming pools”, we’d always listen to that when we were getting fucked up at the bar 🤪 Drake seems more “pop” adjacent and I haven’t listened to that much of his stuff

Is it just me or has the last several years just been rich people calling other rich people pedophiles?
Well... It's one thing to make those allegations towards people that actually have any kind of past evidence, and another to pull them out of your ass. Drake has a bunch of weird history of being a creep, kinda similar to Donald Trump. Yet you have a ton of weird ass Qanon people stanning for Trump, while also pushing forward a bunch of conspiracies about actors like Tom Hanks that has literally no history of being a creep in any fashion. Yet the Tom Hanks shit for some reason is like well known now... When again he has zero history pointing towards him doing anything wrong.

There is a lot of misinformation and disinformation, and some people are just running with it for no reason. It is just whacky.

Drake has qualities as a man that remind me of everything I hated about various people throughout my life.

I really dislike him, and his music is catchy but has no substance, skill, or originality.
He has way too many skeletons in his closet to have gone through this victorious, also he didn't realize that the entire rap industry was turning against him, and underestimated how people were gonna dunk on him.

Also, his last track tried to pull that "I planted false evidence with the daughter thing"... When his last beef ended with Pusha T exposing that he has a secret child. So of course everyone might've thought it was true! So it's a stupid thing to even plant, whether it was true or not.

Also, basically Kendrick predicted and said every move that Drake was going to make throughout the beef ahead, if you listen to Euphoria. So Kendrick very clearly had some kind of inside information. So you really can't even take Drake's claims seriously, whether they are true or not. Drake also completely misunderstood the song Kendrick made from his last album about the sex abuse, which was about his mom being abused and believing that Kendrick was, even though he wasn't. And trying to misdirect allegations against yourself by claiming someone else was abused, is cringe as fuck.

When it comes to pure rap talent and strategic moves, Kendrick blew him out the water. Kendricks last track Not Like Us is very clearly the best track that came out of this, and he used Drake's own moves against him by dropping a banger ass club track lol. Everyone is bumping that track right now. Kendrick made a statement to all of hip hop that he's the best.

The fact he said "Metro shut the fuck and make some drums"... And then Metro proceeded to make a banger track "BBL Drizzy" and get the entire world to freestyle over, is completely hilarious. Drake got toasted, and the only people supporting him are long time fans... But it's obvious he lost this

I've replayed all of Kendricks tracks so many times... Whereas Drake only put out one or two decent ones. Family Matters and Push Up....

The fact he used an AI version of Tupac and Snoops voice to troll Kendrick on Taylor Made Freestyle, totally blew up in his face.

Drake's entire illusion is built off other people thinking he's cool and rich. Without that, he would just be some random creep who can't rap for shit outside of a studio.

studio gangsta

that's a common theme with "rap" these days, low IQ lyrics, low skill lyrics, but they sound cool because they rhyme

I actually judge people IRL based on the rap they listen to. I can quantify their IQ based on partial data.

:geek:

It’s amazing how, when that g-funk sound kicks in about 16 seconds into that Eazy-E track, it immediately takes you back to a specific time & place in music history (90s west coast). And tbh Dr. Dre was MUCH more responsible for cultivating & popularizing that particular sound than Eazy-E was, still kind of a fun time capsule though

Heres a good freestyle someone did for the BBL Drizzy track that Metro put the contest out for:

And someone put together a whole playlist of the beef in order... Lol the shit makes a badass EP honestly lol: