Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Random Social Chit-Chat v. Illuminati Confirmed

indeed. poopie getting a modstick is the final sign of the ancient apocalyptic womayan profarsey

As if I would co-mod any forum with Max.

I can't even score IWS in a decent amount of time, there's no way I could mod.

I would dominate, though.

As if I would co-mod any forum with Max.

I can't even score IWS in a decent amount of time, there's no way I could mod.

I would dominate, though.
You strike me more as the submissive type. Either way, consider modding. With my beauty and your brains we could run this joint.

With my beauty and your brains we could run this joint.

tumblr_mh7j4xyOUG1r3d8abo1_r1_500.gif

I'm here to stay Max.

I need to find out if Jessica Marais from Magic City has breast implants:

NSFW:
JessicaMagicCitynude.jpeg

She might have been a little pregnant when that was shot.

those look weird.

perhaps they are bewitched by some anti-gravity voodoo. either that or are pointing at certain astrological constellations. she's be mighty useful for navigators lost on the high seas if that were the case.

^ Bill Murray improvised every scene of his in Caddyshack. Dude's a damn comedic genius.

Alec Baldwin's entire speech in Glengarry Glen Ross was adlibbed.

Come at me, bro.

There's something called Graceland on my TV and it's about surfer cops and I can't stand cop shows and they should stop making them.

Every year there's like 10 new cop shows. Do they realize that cops are odious vile disgusting and we don't want to see them glorified on our TVs week after week?

The Shield portrayed cops correctly--for the most part (the Glenn Close season got a little sentimental even as they were confiscating property for profit). The Wire got saccharine at times but I can't even call it a cop show it was transcendent.

Everything else is garbage and should never be shown again. The whole genre should die. It shall die.

23536 said:
There's something called Graceland on my TV and it's about surfer cops and I can't stand cop shows and they should stop making them.

Every year there's like 10 new cop shows. Do they realize that cops are odious vile disgusting and we don't want to see them glorified on our TVs week after week?

The Shield portrayed cops correctly--for the most part (the Glenn Close season got a little sentimental even as they were confiscating property for profit). The Wire got saccharine at times but I can't even call it a cop show it was transcendent.

Everything else is garbage and should never be shown again. The whole genre should die. It shall die.
When I read your post I got Bluelight déjà vu. Then I recalled, as if from a voice behind the sky, the google incantation: "glorify cops" site: bluelight.ru, and whispered my prayer to the electric wind.

I bring you this from the far off time of 30-12-2012 23:00:
psood0nym said:
23536 said:
No more movies that glorify cops! I want movies and TV shows that show cops for the nefarious swine they are.

I'll still watch this and be entertained by it, but I object to its existence. I have a similarly ambivalent attitude to meat being used as food.

Even The Shield--in which the cops were criminals--was cop glorification.

The movie you are suggesting be made seems like a tough sell (maybe the first "Bad Lieutenant"?). Cops tend to behave like D student bully types, sure, but have you ever watched the show "Cops"? That show is representative of cops' social milieu during their daily grind, biased toward entertainment value (drug users in it tend to also beat/cheat/steal/murder). Compared to the popularly exposed criminal representative cops are "glorious," which is to say, given a cop's power, the general popularly exposed criminal representative would be so much worse than a typical cop that there's no way not to sell cops as heroes to general audiences (i.e. there's no way for such a trend as you wish for in movies to happen). I think you and most people understand this, I just mean to say that in my perception cops aren't as glorified in our culture as many seem to think they are. They're only "good" in a relative sense that makes them potentially engaging characters in stories, not glorious.

And this is my first visit to the F&T Random Thoughts Thread, just now, to read this ... or is it?

^I repeat myself because I don't remember what I've already said. I think I'm getting dementia very young. I have very strong feelings of deja vu about many things that I know for a fact I've never done, and things that I know I've done multiple times are often completely new to me (this is actually great for sex). I'm gonna see a neurologist as soon as I get insurance.

^I repeat myself because I don't remember what I've already said. I think I'm getting dementia very young. I have very strong feelings of deja vu about many things that I know for a fact I've never done, and things that I know I've done multiple times are often completely new to me (this is actually great for sex). I'm gonna see a neurologist as soon as I get insurance.
I don't think you have dementia, at least not because of your post, you just have a viewpoint that you naturally return to when you see the opportunity like anybody else. When I see the opportunity I like documenting little synchronicities because self-reflexiveness fascinates me. We both happened to be logged on and posting right after each other both of these times, and I just happened to recall something I read fleetingly seven months ago with enough clarity to be able to find it and point out how it is just like this situation. I think the interplay of chance at work is amusing is all.

EDIT: I didn't want you to think my intent was to poke fun at your memory or something. I only wanted to point out an observation for its own sake. I never suspected you had any trouble with your memory and hope things improve for you.

Last edited: