• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ram Dass's passing..

Nice guy but spread a lot of horseshit - got taken for an idiot by that guru and his bullshit "I took 1200 mics for the first time and it had no effect on me". He palmed it and conned the shit out of ram dass. If he'd taken 1200 mics for the first time he would've been laid in a puddle of his own shit screaming for the police.

Taking psychedelics isn't the same as fucking buddhism or hinduism - that's complete bollocks.

Yeah yeah yeah you've said that already Ismene a few times lol (good to see you though, I did think of you when I got this news) Be Here Now is still a great book. It certainly sparked conversation here.

One thing I learned from psychedelics is never create a belief system and always put events I do not understand in the "could be, not sure" folder. So I even do that with the notion this elderly gentleman that Alpert gave 900 mics too either took it or didn't. Not sure. But wow, very hotly debated on Bluelight and started excellent conversations in the past. Very needed conversations on belief and truth.

Last edited:
Once you achieve total awakening no psychedelic will effect you because your beyond the psychedelic state. Ram dass spread love. Hinduism is a perfect guide book for the psychedelic state maybe do some reading or acutal practice and you would see. Westerners always think they know reality more than these meditation masters who have awoken too much ego i have seen a master of meditation dose 500 ug and hit hash on it and was still waking around functional which would of left any white person in hopstial screaming fighting their ego death.

Why should total awakening be the same as the state you reach with a drug entering your system? Why would that thought even enter someones mind? It's some coincidence isn't it - we discover this drug in 1943 and it's exactly what hindus feel?

i'm afraid my study of hinduism took a blow when I found out about the concept of the "untouchables" - seperation of certain people into scum that are only fit for cleaning up your excrement. You arn't awakened if you believe that - never were, never will be.

Why would a master of meditation be bothered in impressing kids that he's like "high all the time dude" - presumably he thinks it will get him more followers and more money? And only a 12 year old smoking his first doobie would even think it would be great to be "high all the time". It would be fucking terrible.

It's like the "Dude if you meditate you can fly" claims - well come and show me, and don't give me that jumping in the air with your legs crossed shit cos that ain't flying.

Be Here Now is still a great book. It certainly sparked conversation here.

Yeah I enjoyed it when I was younger - but the idea that "To be high permanently you have to do it with organised religion"sticks in my craw a bit - especially when you have a little bit more confidence and knowledge about psychedelics. To do them down as just a fucking hindus baby toy is silly. Especially when the fucking hindu has got some guy cleaning shit out of his toilet with his bare hands. I'll take the guy taking acid every time over the hindu.

seems you lack much knowledge about hinduism and instead confused the old political castle system and racist stereotypes for Hinduism. Traveling the world does much to open your mind instead of sitting in a room believing every racist sterotype about india then applying that to hinduism. Once you experince the non dual state via meditation alone you know true enlightment is possible. 99.9% of people on this planet are to lazy to even meditate one hour a day let alone 6-8 hours straight sittings

Trust me I get that angle Ismene. I still struggle with the whole Yoga verses Psychedelics comparison. Shaman verses Guru. Different parts of the world came up with what worked for them. The mental states the Hindu's and Buddhist's mapped out do seem to coincide with the parts of the psychedelic states. That is about all I know. I try and practice all of it though to keep well rounded. :)

The issue with Ram Dass and giving his guru 900 mics was also addessed in another book Ram Dass wrote called The Only Dance There Is. He explains doubt about it, maybe the guy palmed the pills, never took them. So latter on gets a message from his guru to bring more Yogi medicine. This time the guru carefully places the pills in his mouth and swallows in front of Ram Dass. So either that is true or Ram Dass made up a whopper of a lie.

Trippsitter talking the power of Love does resinate with me. It is the glue that holds families together, a force that drives us to do everything. The strongest force in Natue. Harnessing that at a higher level is probably very powerful. I do try an expand my love to beyond people I know to all Nature and life, but I am a puny mind still trying to learn from psychedelics and also meditation. Never felt meditation alone would get me there though.

Anyone going back in Bluelight will see this topic talked and talked about by Ismene and others. The debate seems to sharpen the focus so I believe is is needed.

Last edited:
Why should total awakening be the same as the state you reach with a drug entering your system?

It is called enlightenment. Not "total awakening". We all try to reach this state as it is the very purpose of the universe but taking drugs is comparable to looking at the universe as a complicated computer program and taking drugs is a way of hacking things to reach certain things that we are not actually allowed. We can all reach states of enlightenment without drugs. But we all have various reasons for trying a "schortcut".

Yeah I enjoyed it when I was younger - but the idea that "To be high permanently you have to do it with organised religion"sticks in my craw a bit

Religion of any kind won't help anyone in any way. It spreads confusion and dellusions through their minds. But any human has the ability to develop their soul to such a high level in where we enjoy life to a higher extent than how any drugs could make us feel but it takes a few thousand years to develop your soul that much, through various reincarnations, which make this possible. Humans their minds are erased with hypnosis so they don't remember their previous existances.

Haha, hopefully! (I don't mean "if", more like "what as?")

If you want to understand more about the reincarnation process and many other things, I reccomend reading the e-book in my signature. It has changed my life since I read it when I was sixteen. Made me happier and smarter and I'm forever thankfull that they helped us. I've used astral projection (soul teleportation) before twice, to reach and be on their planet.