• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Racing Heart on Weed

I've had this same thing happen to me a few times. It was usually around stressful times; relationship issues, finals week, etc. I found just putting on some easy listening music, some beatles or somethin and just chillin out really helps.

Sometims get that unejoyable high and my hands begin to tingle and my extremeities (hands and feet) run cold. Its just a blood pressure problem, although coupled with the fact cannibis can make you paranoid it can seem much worse.

I went to the hospital for it once when i was in highschool....now if it happens i just chill and everythings cool!

8( This shit is driving me nuts. Everytime I smoke weed I feel like my heart is going 100 miles an hour. It can be really scary and when it is not it still ruins the high because it over powers the laughter and over all fun of weed. Today I smoked again (I quit for a while to see if quitting for a bit may help)...no racing heart but all teh other effects. My left hand goes numb first, then my arm, then my right arm does. And I twitch like crazy. Ill just be sitting there and ill just twitch for a second just quick short jolts in my body. I was wondering if anyone can help me with this. thanks.

^^I don't know how to say this in a more plain and easier understood language, but any stimulant would open up your system, the enxiety you may be experiencing IS of your system opening up (ganglionic level) and the shakes that come with it or after it, IS also your neurological system, as it is letting go of your outside shell. This is where relaxation settles in afterwards.
If it is too much for you, reduce the strength of it and use a less potent one. Also either use a vaporizer, or reduce how much and how often you smoke and make sure you eat before hand, and eat healthy!

Don't drink alcoholic energy drinks then smoke!

I had five drinks, smoked a massive blunt, my heart rate shot to a million, next thing I know I was passed out on the floor

I was at a real chilled out party and I felt that I ruined it after that :S

sometimes it is all in your mind. i actually measured my heart rate with a machine and it turned out normal...my heart rate was about 67 beats per minute

The thing with Cannabis is that it definitely exaggerates the sensation of your heart beating, therefore without a doubt misleading individuals to what their actual heart rate is. However, it is no mystery that cannabis 100% does increase heart rate.

It differs from individual to individual and is obviously dependent on potency, tolerance, genetic predisposition, etc...

Marijuana can cause rapid heartbeat in some people. Some barely notice it, others are so affected they think they're having a heart attack/dying. It can feed anxiety and ruin the high. It's not generally dangerous unless you suffer from a serious cardiovascular condition or mix weed with high doses of cocaine and other potent stimulants, which is not recommended.

I've found that my weed-related heart symptoms go away as my tolerance increases. It also helps to abstain from caffeine, tobacco and other stimulants when smoking, as they cause rapid pulse as well.

It has nothing to do with anxiety.
Weed makes your heart beat faster regardless.

Bodily_effects_of_cannabis.png

Well you guys all hit the nail on the head. I'm having the same problems. But I was wondering... Would the panic attacks be a problem if I was to take a low dosage of LSD? I'm planning on going to an amusment park frying and I'm going to eat an edible later after the LSD calms down. Good idea or bad?

^Can't for sure say one way or the other. If you can control yourself on acid pretty well, then you should be OK, especially if you're doing it towards the tail end. What I would avoid is doing it on the come-up part of the acid, because any anxiety there can send you into a full-blown tripping panic attack. (no fun)

As far as the original topic goes, I actually had to cut way back on green because I started to get really shitty feeling and panicky pretty regularly. Even though I knew it was paranoia, it still happened. I had to learn to use less regularly and that seemed to help more than anything... (even benzos)

You'd think that the acid wouldn't matter because it is a completely different substance. But they're both hallucinagens. So yeah. I'm thinking also since I love this amusement park I wouldn't think about something bad. Since is a place I love being at. With friends I love. Nahh fuckkit imma do it anyways. Lol thanks. I'll let you guys know what a blast it was.

ya man weed will make u paranoid and shit about it so u trip harder about it. ur weed sounds like dirty shit. the same thing happened the 5 years i lived in ohio and wen i got to socal these buds never did that 2 me. i was here way b4 the medical shit started up & evn then the budz were way more crip and wut seemed like more clean they just got me high instead of having me trippin out on my heart & my hands.

BlueDolphin knows his shit ;)

He pretty much covered it, but I'd like to add -
"aw man that's just the chronic, don't even worry about it..."
:p

Peace,
Sega420

Ps -
Don't smoke Hydro.
IME hydroponically grown dank gets me incredibly high but as soon
as I step outside my friends house, I get extremely paranoid and freaked out.
Mind you it could be due to the fact my friend stays in the ghetto and each time was like 11pm
and my buddy Max was drunk and loud and stupid each time :/

No one likes drunk friends drawing attention to you when ur in the hood.
I simply don't come around him if he's drunk and I'm blazed.
He's like fuckin kryptonite..

Peace,
Sega420

8( This shit is driving me nuts. Everytime I smoke weed I feel like my heart is going 100 miles an hour. It can be really scary and when it is not it still ruins the high because it over powers the laughter and over all fun of weed. Today I smoked again (I quit for a while to see if quitting for a bit may help)...no racing heart but all teh other effects. My left hand goes numb first, then my arm, then my right arm does. And I twitch like crazy. Ill just be sitting there and ill just twitch for a second just quick short jolts in my body. I was wondering if anyone can help me with this. thanks.

It's anxiety and it sucks. The good thing is you can beat it. Once you know that you're not dying or having a "bad reaction," it's easy to enjoy smoking pot again. Do some research on panic attacks & anxiety. When you feel these annoying effects coming on, talk yourself down. Tell yourself, "Hey, this is just a panic attack, I'm fine." It may sound stupid, but it works. If you keep at it, panic attacks won't be a problem for you. Good luck!

heart

wel ppl ... i never really smoked much weed a lil bit of hash bu dats all any way cutting to the story
me my 2 friends went down his free house, he had some weed and i made a water bong , any way that went good we had a bit of a laugh and all .... this continued for about 6 days in a row while we hav no school and the 6th day wen i done it i was out of it off not as much as usual .... it was strong stuuf because he would know .this time it felt like mt heart started to race the explode and wen it exploded it felt as though all my blood in my body was goin into my hands feet and head dont get me wrong it did feel cool but i was worring, scary , couldn stop thinking about it wen i was on it and i dont really want to go through that again any advice ??

I never noticed a racing heart on pot until one time I took DXM and smoked a little pot on top of it. For some reason even though I'd done this dozens of times before that night I had a panic attack with a heart rate around 200bpm and felt like I was on the verge of death for 2 hours until it wore off.

After that occasion, which was about 2 years ago, I noticed my heart would race and beat pretty hard after smoking pot, and sometimes this would give me mild panic attacks or at least an unenjoyable high. Obviously this sucked when I was tryin' to chill with my buddies when I was having paranoid thoughts about my physical condition racing through my head.

Now that it is 2 years later and this has failed to deter me from smoking pot on a daily basis (even though many of those highs were completely unenjoyable...) I can say I don't really have this problem anymore.

Yes my heart rate does still get elevated after smoking pot, sometimes more than others and it seems to depend on the kind of ganja. The way I got over this was by slowly training myself to basically ignore my racing heart, and I found that if I don't pay attention it will decrease, maybe not back to normal but certainly less than it would be if you are thinking about it every second.

Also:
Don't get super ripped on the first bowl / joint / bong of the day. If you smoke slowly rather than taking a few bong rips back to back your body has more time to adjust to it, therefore your heart won't freak out as much.

If this is a real problem for you now you might want to limit your smoking to just a couple hits per session (depends how good your weed is, if a couple hits won't do much then smoke more I guess). During this period that you are paranoid about your heart rate you might find your psychological tolerance for weed has decreased and you don't need as much to get high. Also you will probably find a mild high more enjoyable than getting really ripped because your heart won't race and you won't be paranoid about your body.

Once you start to overcome this, which is essentially a psychological overreaction to a normal physical response, you can start to smoke more if you want to.

Of course during this period it is essential that you avoid mixing marijuana with amphetamines and psychedelics because your chance of freaking out would be very high.

hope that helps

Thanks for the advice. :) I used to get anxiety/panic attacks from herb but not about a racing heart but other things and eventually I too just trained myself not to have them and I started smoking just a single hit of kind bud with a one hitter and eventually I worked up to smoking daily.

IME eating way too much herb in brownies or whatever can make your heart race.

This happens to me a lot too. I've been on blood pressure medicine (propanolol) for a while and it seems to help. Mostly I just ignore it and chill. Also I'd like to add:

"everytime I think of something bad (such as havin' sex" (From page one) made me lol.

Thought it was just me.I have anxiety,so I learned to go slow. Few hits and stop, sometimes its great sometimes I have to ride it out 4 30 min or so. Seems to help more than any meds the doc gives
Just realized this an old thread