• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids QUITTING GABAPENTIN YO HELPPPP

I did some research and found some evidence of Gabapentin being used in high doses for mental health therapy. Have you heard anything similar? It is definitely an off-label, unique approach for dealing with people who have treatment resistant mental health issues. Would love any feedback!

Thanks!

troop
That’s definitely off label and I’d really wonder how they think that would work… would you mind linking where you read it?

I wouldn’t ever recommend taking it for that reason. Taking gabapentin long term can cause lots of cognitive issues. It’s not a drug I like to see being used for the majority of patients.

That’s definitely off label and I’d really wonder how they think that would work… would you mind linking where you read it?

I wouldn’t ever recommend taking it for that reason. Taking gabapentin long term can cause lots of cognitive issues. It’s not a drug I like to see being used for the majority of patients.
I was using it for its mood enhancing effects and look what happened... the Americans have the culprit for that shit, they have been pushing gabapentin and Lyrica like crazy after the opioid crisis exploded.

I was using it for its mood enhancing effects and look what happened... the Americans have the culprit for that shit, they have been pushing gabapentin and Lyrica like crazy after the opioid crisis exploded.
They are great for nerve pain but really it should be a PRN prescription. To give people to take them every day is just madness, to me anyway. The cognitive decline is reported in soo many people who are on them long term.

When I was on pregabalin everyday I was a dribbling idiot. It was not worth it. I have severe nerve pain but I just deal with it now, I prefer the pain over the idiot creating drug.

I wouldn’t prescribe it as a physician. The withdrawal is an absolute nightmare, one of the worst I’ve experience and I’ve come of fentanyl.

It is true that gabaerics are not to be taken lightly. But having read your other thread I am wondering are you pushing yourself too hard @nznity ... Stopping gabaerics can push someone who is mentally vulnerable off the edge. Especially if you have pains as you wrote about. You know you but don't bend yourself too much. Everything has a limit...

I would also suggest that you take @MsDiz advices/opinions very serious (I am lacking right words). She is truly a precious gem of this community and a blessing to have as a "free source of medical information".

Last edited by a moderator:
I take 5 800mg tabs of gabapentin first thing in the morning. Yeah I feel alot better, gives my body some mobility, and gets my mind right, I become more social. Get interested in things I ordinarily wouldn't. I'm only prescribed 800mg 3x a day, but I just enjoy em while I got em ,,,ya know. All the small doses people are talking about on here,,, gets me thinking like damn what's wrong with me....

I take 5 800mg tabs of gabapentin first thing in the morning. Yeah I feel alot better, gives my body some mobility, and gets my mind right, I become more social. Get interested in things I ordinarily wouldn't. I'm only prescribed 800mg 3x a day, but I just enjoy em while I got em ,,,ya know. All the small doses people are talking about on here,,, gets me thinking like damn what's wrong with me....
Gabapentin tolerance grows fast and the people posting on this thread are trying to reduce their use which is why the amounts seem lower.

I advise you to consider your use. You also need to realise that withdrawal from gabapentin is horrible especially when stopped cold turkey. So be mindful of that.

Eventually you will max out on the gabapentin, it will no longer work and you’ll be stuck with a large amount to taper from.

Gabapentin tolerance grows fast and the people posting on this thread are trying to reduce their use which is why the amounts seem lower.

I advise you to consider your use. You also need to realise that withdrawal from gabapentin is horrible especially when stopped cold turkey. So be mindful of that.

Eventually you will max out on the gabapentin, it will no longer work and you’ll be stuck with a large amount to taper from.
I dunno about the max out ,I was on 1000 mg a day for a couple years and if I took 2000-2500mg I’d definitely get a nice buzz off them .

if been off them for 4-5 months and I took 600 mg for the first time about a week ago and it caused be to be gabapentin sick for a week , fuck this shit …..

They are great for nerve pain but really it should be a PRN prescription. To give people to take them every day is just madness, to me anyway. The cognitive decline is reported in soo many people who are on them long term.

I think so too. In fact I told my doc I wanted to use them as needed and not just take 3 a day and she agreed, had no problem with that. I have since told her I now follow the daily instructions but really only use about once a week at 1800-2400 mgs. I admit I my sciatica has been much better than before gabapentin but I also started doing some stretches too that also could be helping.

But yeah this site is why I would not take daily. On the days in between I load up on magnesium and whatever else keeps the body and it's systems healthy. When I did the research on this it seems almost half of the people who are on gabapentin or pregabalin alone did not not have issues coming off. And I notice the people having the most issues use both benzos and gabapenitn or pregabalin. Almost like 1+1 = 4. Some very good posts here. The whole gabapentin things does not seem to be as linear as opiates or benzos. I have seen people cry hurting from 6 months of use and I have seen people jump off years of use with little issue. So there is much to learn but I just wanted to chime in on the PRN dosing. I think that has to be looked at as it works for me (I think)

Stay well OP, you are a tough one. I think everyone in this post is strong in their own way and the advice is solid.

Hey @nznity how is the detox going?

I lowered my dosage 3 days ago from 600 to 300, so I’m going through it too right now, also I’m weaning off of dxm, I’m down to 80 mg from 120 mg.

Also I haven’t been taking massive doses 1-2 times a week 🤮

The last time I tripped, I took about 1300 mg over a 12 hour period. I ended up vomiting three~ times.

I wasn’t feeling high so I just kept taking more, bad mistake, then I drank some really smooth cream liquor, and I don’t really drink much normally, so the 3-6 shots were way to much, but by the time I realized that I was already sick. I’ve been trying to get off since that night. I want to trip, but even looking at the
Pills makes me feel sick. If I take it in the future, I think I’ll try to get pure dxm, I can’t handle taking all those pills, I think the guaifensin and the pill fillers are making me sick. Of course the dxm is part of the problem, but I think it’s only about half

Hey @nznity how is the detox going?

I lowered my dosage 3 days ago from 600 to 300, so I’m going through it too right now, also I’m weaning off of dxm, I’m down to 80 mg from 120 mg.

Also I haven’t been taking massive doses 1-2 times a week 🤮

The last time I tripped, I took about 1300 mg over a 12 hour period. I ended up vomiting three~ times.

I wasn’t feeling high so I just kept taking more, bad mistake, then I drank some really smooth cream liquor, and I don’t really drink much normally, so the 3-6 shots were way to much, but by the time I realized that I was already sick. I’ve been trying to get off since that night. I want to trip, but even looking at the
Pills makes me feel sick. If I take it in the future, I think I’ll try to get pure dxm, I can’t handle taking all those pills, I think the guaifensin and the pill fillers are making me sick. Of course the dxm is part of the problem, but I think it’s only about half
Heyyy bro,
Thanks 4 asking.
Well last friday I said fucked this shit and I used paracetamol +dxm for the wds .
They werentso bad tbh. Compared to opiate wds they were a Ball in the Park. I only experienced headaches and a lil bit of hot flashes for the first 50 hrs or so. I can say im over the peak intensity of the wds so I treated myself with some whisky rn.
I was scared cause ive been an opiate wd before but this was a 3-4/10 compared to full opiate wd.
And they dont last as long as opiate wd so I could say im clean from gabafuckingpentin as of now.
GL man trying to quit this shitty drug, it reminds of a saying "dog that barks Loud, doesn't bite" and its true in this case. Gl man im 4 days clean and not looking back xp

Ok guys,
I need some advice here. I was addicted to tramadol for legit pain for like 6-8 months and used only gabapentin to aid the ed effects.
BUT I fucking kept taking gaba for its mood enhancing effects...fucked up step i took.
I was taking upwards 1200-1500mg a day for tram wds and then 900mg steady dose for a good 4 months.
I'm down to 600mg(300mg x2 a day) this stuff is so nasty. It fucking reminds me of when I wS shooting morphine all day(massive headache,sweats, goosebumps, depression,anxiety, INSOMNIA).
The are no positive effects anymore, only wds and I got fucking sick of it, imma tough it out.
So, I wanted to know any advice, my whole body is aching atm. I've been doing ma research and im opting for paracetamol and Metamizole for the aches, inflammation, fever-like symptoms.
Also I got an unlimited supply of diazepam and Klonopin.
Anyone thata been through this shit before???I'm tired of the shit night dose wearing off too early and waking up at 5am.EVERYFUCKNDAY.
Any tips, advice on this or what I can add to my comfort meds? How long does gaba wd last?
If ive beaten a fking cola and morphine IV habit, this shitts not gonna beat me.
Thanks for listening, any input will be appreciated ASAP.
Much love fellas,
nzn
I was reading your whining about withdrawals until I seen you had an unlimited supply of Klonopin and valium. There's your key right there because the worst part of Gabapentin withdrawal is extreme anxiety and extreme insomnia. I've had to cold turkey from 5 Gram day habit with absolutely no comfort meds and try to work...now that shit sucks

I was reading your whining about withdrawals until I seen you had an unlimited supply of Klonopin and valium. There's your key right there because the worst part of Gabapentin withdrawal is extreme anxiety and extreme insomnia. I've had to cold turkey from 5 Gram day habit with absolutely no comfort meds and try to work...now that shit sucks
Yeah I'm prolly gonna be on benzos for life. I can't live without clonazepam lol I'd have a grandmal seizure if I stopped. Yeah but even with benzos to aid, the wds still fucking suck. The only thing that helps is alcohol tbh. It's a fucking annoying week of feeling like shit gaba/lyrica wd.

Ok guys,
I need some advice here. I was addicted to tramadol for legit pain for like 6-8 months and used only gabapentin to aid the ed effects.
BUT I fucking kept taking gaba for its mood enhancing effects...fucked up step i took.
I was taking upwards 1200-1500mg a day for tram wds and then 900mg steady dose for a good 4 months.
I'm down to 600mg(300mg x2 a day) this stuff is so nasty. It fucking reminds me of when I wS shooting morphine all day(massive headache,sweats, goosebumps, depression,anxiety, INSOMNIA).
The are no positive effects anymore, only wds and I got fucking sick of it, imma tough it out.
So, I wanted to know any advice, my whole body is aching atm. I've been doing ma research and im opting for paracetamol and Metamizole for the aches, inflammation, fever-like symptoms.
Also I got an unlimited supply of diazepam and Klonopin.
Anyone thata been through this shit before???I'm tired of the shit night dose wearing off too early and waking up at 5am.EVERYFUCKNDAY.
Any tips, advice on this or what I can add to my comfort meds? How long does gaba wd last?
If ive beaten a fking cola and morphine IV habit, this shitts not gonna beat me.
Thanks for listening, any input will be appreciated ASAP.
Much love fellas,
nzn
Never took gabapentin.Only pregabaline,which is twice stronger u know.I beat my three years tram habbit with the help of lyrica .....and that was the only time i've felt it.....mood enhancing properties,antianxiety...even some painkilling properties...but i 've used it only a month....in lower possible dose-two 75mg caps.twice daily(one morning&one afternoon)....well after even a month,despite i succeed to quit tram got unpleasant withdrawling effect,when i quitt lyrica....Use it and second time-then quitt sucessfully a years diazepam habbit....and stay away from it nearly half year,while using pregabs in little dose only first two-three weeks.This type of drugs like pregabaline&gabapentine obvious are euphoric for some people,quickly tollerance build up and withdrawls are somekind simmilar of benzos.Personally me wouldn't change benzo addiction with this.Tapper the stuff like with benzos&congrats👍❤️keep on.right dirrection.
PS.
I really don't understand for what purpose is that shit,if u have access to benzos.....except,if it wasn't for weanin' down of them.Combine these with benzos is bad for brain.

Last edited:
Never took gabapentin.Only pregabaline,which is twice stronger u know.I beat my three years tram habbit with the help of lyrica .....and that was the only time i've felt it.....mood enhancing properties,antianxiety...even some painkilling properties...but i 've used it only a month....in lower possible dose-two 75mg caps.twice daily(one morning&one afternoon)....well after even a month,despite i succeed to quit tram got unpleasant withdrawling effect,when i quitt lyrica....Use it and second time-then quitt sucessfully a years diazepam habbit....and stay away from it nearly half year,while using pregabs in little dose only first two-three weeks.This type of drugs like pregabaline&gabapentine obvious are euphoric for some people,quickly tollerance build up and withdrawls are somekind simmilar of benzos.Personally me wouldn't change benzo addiction with this.Tapper the stuff like with benzos&congrats👍❤️keep on.right dirrection.
PS.
I really don't understand for what purpose is that shit,if u have access to benzos.....except,if it wasn't for weanin' down of them.Combine these with benzos is bad for brain.
It does wonders for opiate wd and nerve pain. Using it for euphoric purposes isn't really a good idea. The wds are super annoying and takes a while to get ur will strong enough to quit for good.

🇵🇪 Perú. Who needs kratom anyway when I have access to pharma grade morphine, fentanyl, ketamine. Otc benzos and gabaergics? And im not counting the cheapass good quality blow.... I'm done doing hardcore drugs N E WAYYYY but idk at least for now.
It would be waaaay too tempting for me to overindulge in these substances in your country…I would probably be dead by now lol

Can ya get pregabalin?
IME, it is a lot more efficient, clean and less of that shitty feel that goes with gabap.

Edit: I would never get back to gabap after being Rx-ed pregab... unless I had to get off of it all then I may use the gabap right before cessation.
But isn’t pregab stronger (and therefore harder to get off of) than gabapentin? I agree, pregab is WAAAAY better, has a cleaner feel, etc but if you’re tryna get off all gabaerics then wouldn’t it make sense to go from stronger to weaker?

But isn’t pregab stronger (and therefore harder to get off of) than gabapentin? I agree, pregab is WAAAAY better, has a cleaner feel, etc but if you’re tryna get off all gabaerics then wouldn’t it make sense to go from stronger to weaker?
You are right.
Dosage seems easier to taper but dont think OP is interested in other than stayin fucked up, anyway. lol
Cant blame him, though.

You are right.
Dosage seems easier to taper but dont think OP is interested in other than stayin fucked up, anyway. lol
Cant blame him, though.
Yeah that’s why we’re all here, we like to get fucked up!

I guess I was asking for personal reasons, as I’m tryna get off them now and it sucks big fat donkey balls.