• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids QUITTING GABAPENTIN YO HELPPPP

Gabapentin is one of those drugs you can easily taper off of (unlike opioids). I’ve tapered off gabapentin many times with little discomfort (I’ve kicked 120 mg of methadone cold turkey, so anything after that is just like a little annoyance).

The trick is to not rush it rush it if you don’t have to. I’ve tapered many times from over 3 grams a day to nothing in a month or so. I’ve done 300 mg drops every 4 days until I got to 300 mg, and then drop 100 my every 4 days until nothing. That will take a little longer than I normally drop, but you shouldn’t have too much trouble with that taper schedule.
After kicking my first habit I felt invincible.

People unaware of the scientific rational basis of addiction ... for example an indigenous person ... have a far better time of it, they view their illness as just that and handle it stoically as you or I would handle the flu

This shit has gotten out of hands, guys. I really need help to quit this fucking dirty drug. As soon as this shit wears off when im sleeping, I automatically wake up and start experiencing goosebumps, killer headache, SUICIDAL mood swings, depression, etc. It's driving me crazy and since gaba is the drug I used to make other DRUGS WD SYMPTOMS more bearable, idk how the fk to MAKE GABA symptoms more bearable...
any one got any ideas? I'm at a super low dose (300mg twice a day but still the wds are mad crazy) I was thinking about using DXM....if that doesn't work idk wtf to do. Help pleas33333333

Srry to bump but im really concerned about my well being, this cráp makes me feel hopeless and suicidal. I want to get off of it.

This shit has gotten out of hands, guys. I really need help to quit this fucking dirty drug. As soon as this shit wears off when im sleeping, I automatically wake up and start experiencing goosebumps, killer headache, SUICIDAL mood swings, depression, etc. It's driving me crazy and since gaba is the drug I used to make other DRUGS WD SYMPTOMS more bearable, idk how the fk to MAKE GABA symptoms more bearable...
any one got any ideas? I'm at a super low dose (300mg twice a day but still the wds are mad crazy) I was thinking about using DXM....if that doesn't work idk wtf to do. Help pleas33333333
Ime, weed, and dxm both help with gabapentin withdrawals, I think you should bite the bullet and quit, it’ll be over in a week

Srry to bump but im really concerned about my well being, this cráp makes me feel hopeless and suicidal. I want to get off of it.
I’m getting off my gabapentin too, I’m on day 5 of lowering from 1200 to 600, for me yesterday was the worst, and the day before yesterday. But I’m definitely feeling better today, no nightmares last night

Also, clonidine, prazocin, or propranolol would probably help

Youre taking too little, increase your gabapentin dose until those withdrawals are gone. You’re just going to have to do a slower taper. It’s going to be much better for your mental health.

Forget people who say just quit it’ll be over in a week. That’s bullshit. Do what’s best for you and I believe what’s best is going to be an increase in your dose until your not feeling those withdrawals and a slow taper plan. You will get off it, prioritise your mental health first, if that means a slower taper so be it.

There is some quasi legal market for gabas.many have taken it.Here are otc,benzo not.But they create his own addiction...like benzos or z drugs

Youre taking too little, increase your gabapentin dose until those withdrawals are gone. You’re just going to have to do a slower taper. It’s going to be much better for your mental health.

Forget people who say just quit it’ll be over in a week. That’s bullshit. Do what’s best for you and I believe what’s best is going to be an increase in your dose until your not feeling those withdrawals and a slow taper plan. You will get off it, prioritise your mental health first, if that means a slower taper so be it.
The reason I recommended that is she’s saying she’s getting all sorts of side effects and interdose withdrawals while on it, normally I would say wean slowly too, but if it’s making her sick, completely switching to something else might help.

Also, I found that unlimited cups of chamomile and lemon balm tea really helped.

Maybe you should go to a detox facility if you feel like hurting yourself, that way they can keep you safe from yourself until your on the other side

Ive been on 600mg for like a month now but still its not holding me, ima just buy a shit ton of dxm and dissociate for a few days. I'm sick of getting nightmares everyday. Omg and I thought opiate wd was hell. For fucks sake

Sorry for you suffering.may be talking about gabapenthine.Used only lyrica when quitting benzo.And it helps me.But did not affect my neuropathic pain at all.There is for sure some kind a neuroleptic that can ease you going through that

Ive already tapered from 1500mg to 300mg twice a day only. It's time to jump imo. I'm just extending the fking pain and sufferibg.
Why not add another 300mg at night and see how it helps? Just slow your taper.

Other wise you’re using DMX, another drug which will mess with your mental health also and you’re still going to feel like shit!

I’m getting off my gabapentin too, I’m on day 5 of lowering from 1200 to 600, for me yesterday was the worst, and the day before yesterday. But I’m definitely feeling better today, no nightmares last night

Also, clonidine, prazocin, or propranolol would probably help
What type of withdrawal symptoms are associated with Gabapentin? I understand they are similar to heroin withdrawals?

Ive been on 600mg for like a month now but still its not holding me, ima just buy a shit ton of dxm and dissociate for a few days. I'm sick of getting nightmares everyday. Omg and I thought opiate wd was hell. For fucks sake
What type of withdrawal symptoms are associated with Gabapentin? I understand they are similar to heroin withdrawals?

I did some research and found some evidence of Gabapentin being used in high doses for mental health therapy. Have you heard anything similar? It is definitely an off-label, unique approach for dealing with people who have treatment resistant mental health issues. Would love any feedback!

Thanks!

troop

I think if you wanna compare em heroin hurts more physically, this garbage pill hurts more mentally. Grrrr