• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Dosing QUICKEST way to get stoned without smoking.

Kin slips are sub lingual, I tried them recently. From tab going under my tongue to peak was about 15 mins. I found it hit harder and faster if I didn't drink water until it hit. The cloud busters are the only ones I've tried, very clear sativa high.
yes, they work, I tried them too, but I prefer the drops as the kin strips are 10mg THC each, sometimes I want more, sometimes less, so I prefer drops rather than tons of packaging per dose. I gave the rest of mine away.

yes, they work, I tried them too, but I prefer the drops as the kin strips are 10mg THC each, sometimes I want more, sometimes less, so I prefer drops rather than tons of packaging per dose. I gave the rest of mine away.
The packaging is b/c of Health Canada restrictions. a maximum of 10 10mg ‘doses’, each individually packaged. kinslips work, but imagine having 10 child proof gummy packages inside the big bag/box. The XMG and Veryvell drops have a specific metered dosing cap so it gets around the 10mg per restriction as do other oils/liquida. Maybe the Conservatives will shake things up if they get in power.

Tom

You can pick out those delicious buds and enjoy having weed, but you don’t have to smoke anything and take a toll on your lungs. Vaporizers are absolutely amazing for this. You can get a big one at home, like the Volcano. This kind of vaporizer plugs into the wall and basically serves the purpose of a bong, minus the water, mess, and smoke. That is how I do it.

Just curious; how much do you load for a bag? Do you rip through it quickly in 1-2 bags or ramp the temp slowly over 2+ bags?

thanks

Tom

The packaging is b/c of Health Canada restrictions. a maximum of 10 10mg ‘doses’, each individually packaged. kinslips work, but imagine having 10 child proof gummy packages inside the big bag/box. The XMG and Veryvell drops have a specific metered dosing cap so it gets around the 10mg per restriction as do other oils/liquida. Maybe the Conservatives will shake things up if they get in power.

Tom
that's a dark prospect IMO
I am still crushed by aftereffects of the GST in the early '80's

Outside of dabbing, vape or smoking, nano products are going to be your best bet.

Sublingual tinctures are pretty quick but they have the same bio-availability issues as rectal administration.

Not sure about plugging MCT, it may work. I've only tried a water soluble formulation but the come up took a while. Sublingual is probably faster

Can you boof tinctures made with MCT? Would it increase bioavailability?
Not sure about plugging MCT, it may work. I've only tried a water soluble formulation but the come up took a while. Sublingual is probably faster

Rectal​

Most of the evidence supporting the positive results of rectal cannabis suppositories is anecdotal. There have been very few studies on the bioavailability of suppositories but results suggest anywhere from 13.5% to 40%. They differ from oral methods in that they prevent first pass metabolism. In addition, the bioavailability of suppositories is quite different depending on its cannabinoid profile. It is interesting to note that THC-hemisuccinate, known as Marinol, has the best results.

13.5% to 40%

Amazing numbers that absolutely trounce edible bioavailability. It's worth a shot if you're cool with putting things in your butthole.

I don't really recommend using nugs, though. Find a tincture or an oil or something that's actually MEANT to meet your browneye.

If you can get Kief from the dispensary, that is smoke without a lot of the coughing. After 50 years of this stuff I am getting a little leary of smoking myself and I know how to time the edibles but if I want something right now, a pinch of Kief in a hash pipe can get the party started. I also have an assortment of vapes but I am falling out of love with them.
Medical%20Array.JPG

Recently i read another piece of bigot prohibitionism, this time accusing inhalation consumption methods causing some steep rush of THC in the blood stream, arguing it's « ADDI¢TIVE ». M'well, the roller-coster style - in Hollywood on Halloween...

Personally i must regret that the 2014 FCTC/COP6 didn't in fact trigger a revolution in « HR » (hater$ remediation), still allowing devices with systemic abuse integrate by design, because opaque clouds sell better on YT while ma$$-media love$ it, i guess.

I’m an almost exclusive user of edible and mainly use tincture that contains mct oil and cannabis extract only. These do not hit has fast as the cube shaped gummies (forgot the brand they come in a circular tin). But the price in tincture is much cheaper than gummies

Even holding under the tounge I don’t have luck with fast tincture onsets. It more depended on if I eat with it. If my stomach is full I can expect to wait 90 min for a heavy effect.

I’ve always wondered how unhealthy vaping the old school way with a volcano vaporizer is. I know vaping oil in a pen hurts my lungs more than smoking flower.

I really prefer smoking for the high but don’t want to damage my lungs so I mainly stick to edible

...vaping oil in a pen hurts my lungs more than smoking flower.

There's theory then there's practice so i won't be able to provide an explanation which always feels valid, on the contrary. Maybe it's a matter of having a short path and/or excessive cloud density; i'd consider inserting a large chamber as with bongs, but additional difficulty is to expect from exploring an altered setup, hence it might seem hard to decide which factor influenced discomfort the most. One problem could be related to delay(s) compared to the shorter pocket path.

I’ve always wondered how unhealthy vaping the old school way with a volcano vaporizer is.

I always wondered how it could get "medical" certification in the 1st place!! After all it's causing the routine to revolve around anticipation build-up followed by systemically wanting to empty that noisy bag... This is quite a paradox pretending to have health elements integrated into the final design!

I really prefer smoking for the high but don’t want to damage my lungs so I mainly stick to edible

Action time & bio-disponibility makes inhalation unique, too bad instead of working to fix it we got utopian zealots obcessed by ways to dull our old habit instead of removing all nuisances, including the mechanical type of abuse we can observe in the form of thick e-Cig exhaust on YouTube: dosing needs to get built-in right from the conceptual stage!!

Well the thing with edibles is you don't have to wait hours it's 45 minutes to an hour to feel the effects. .

But if you really want a quick high without smoking. Vapeing, tincture, or even i had coconut oil cannabis suppositories. 5 minutes I was lit. Lit as heck. Very clean quick high.

Well i tried many times with 5 mg THC + 2.5 mg CBD per oral strip, the « LEGAL » ones sold in quantities of 10 per pack at Québec's SQdC.

My 1st attempt was most deceiving: the "effects" were still not experienced 3 hours later when i went to bed and finally felt "something" before my mind was gone wandering... An another day i gave it some more concern again, but to no end. That time 3 stamps at once for the initial launch, then 4, then the rest. Lift-off was cancelled!

IMO one possible explanation as to why this product proved being a waste of my money, my trust and my sparetime could happen to be about what a junkie might call the « rush » effect - pardon the Hollywoodian parlance, i'm needles-virgin and my hard-core culture is limited to 'Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo' (1978), and David Bowie...

I won't be surprized to learn that it's working in any other place, but at the moment even claims of 15 minutes action seem beyond unrealistic, since so little ever happened while i was not sleeping. Not to mention the guy behind Egzoset was a former smoker anyway, and stamps are just no valid substitute in terms of consumption method & associated ritual.

YMMV.

I’ve always wondered how unhealthy vaping the old school way with a volcano vaporizer is. I know vaping oil in a pen hurts my lungs more than smoking flower.

oil pens are really harsh, but dry herb vapes (convection) are gentle. i used convection vape like volcano for years without any issue. there are dry herb vapes now that are about as portable as oil vapes and work pretty well imho, but not as convenient because you still need to pick apart nugs to load each session, and then dispose of the waste after.

i mostly use mct oil myself now but probably going to get a dry herb vape again soon, sometimes it's nice to have that option.

What do you use MCT oil for/how do you use it?

i meant edibles that are just MCT oil + THC. the fat is required for bioavailability, I guess MCT oil was the most shelf stable option. other edible products are just junk food laced with cannabutter so they can use cheaper oils because the product won't last more than a few months anyway