Questions for Admin. and Mods

You might put the trail together at this point, and realize who I am. I publicly thanked everyone here, and made a fair sized donation to your cause. You may or may not get this but having the chance to see your grandchildren growing up is perhaps the most important gift one can be blessed with.

Honestly I feel like we all got off on the wrong footing in this thread and I hear your concerns. I am glad this site was helpful to your daughter as it was to me in a similar situation. I think if we knew your screen name you donated a sizable amount with it would go a long way in credibility to your claim though it really doesnt matter. Furthermore if we knew the site you had a hand in moderating the proper persons could take note on the differences and possibly improve upon the status quote if seen necessary. Again like previously stated you can be proactive and help in this cause if you so desire just use the report feature.

I do realize that this is not a chemistry or rocket surgery forum BUT it is represented as a Harm Reduction Forum. As I stated at Least 75% of the Info. posted is absolutely dangerous.

Can I just ask, how did you come up with this figure? Do you have any specific examples? Did you run a study critiquing the effectiveness of the website?

After all,

Harm can not be reduced if mis information is doled out as advice. Facts MUST be researched, and answers MUST be accurate. Especially where life or death hangs in the balance.

You're guilty of all three criticisms in your opening post.

Can I just ask, how did you come up with this figure? Do you have any specific examples? Did you run a study critiquing the effectiveness of the website?

After all,

You're guilty of all three criticisms in your opening post.

Yes Sir, The thread(s) I reference to containing at LEAST 75% incorrect were on Nitros Oxide use, and Opiods combined, and the second was a thread by an admitted heroin addict who had a fear of using LSD.
He was openly encouraged to "go on and trip, Nothing bad will happen" right up to claims that Heroin ,and LSD DO NOT share receptors in the brain. The latter gem was posted by a Mod. whom I corrected but again the flaming.
The last post I read on that thread was the OP stating how his friend had a bad trip, and killed himself.

I wonder how the posters encouraging this fella to take LSD felt? Especially the ones that may have understood that they should have NEVER posted opinion.

The second quote / reply I do not understand... The opening post on this thread?
This is not a medical advice thread. It is more about how advice should be presented or qualified. I feel I have made a fair presentation of the facts based on my albeit short time here.

If you, and Admin. look up the threads I posted in you will find that 75% is a generous number on the threads I did interact on.

A site wide assay is another issue but from a random sampling you can get a general feel for the overall health.
Strangely enough I did find the people posting in the political threads to be much more gracious, and open to discussion. The most polarizing of topics had the fewest issues.

It is the medical advice being mis leading at best that concerns me. The rest is of no real concern.

Honestly I feel like we all got off on the wrong footing in this thread and I hear your concerns. I am glad this site was helpful to your daughter as it was to me in a similar situation. I think if we knew your screen name you donated a sizable amount with it would go a long way in credibility to your claim though it really doesnt matter. Furthermore if we knew the site you had a hand in moderating the proper persons could take note on the differences and possibly improve upon the status quote if seen necessary. Again like previously stated you can be proactive and help in this cause if you so desire just use the report feature.

I appreciate you comments Mr Droppersneck,
I can't for the life of me remember the username from so long ago.

I would like to be able to contribute here, it is just so dis heartening to have to fight thru every statement (even when cited).
Perhaps that is why there are soo many troubled souls... They out number the people that are actually willing to help.

I'm glad you understand.
Thank you

Again, this is called the Report Post button. Top right corner of every post. Looks like this:
report.gif

sekio

As long as it is understood that this will significantly add to the Mods work load here, and FACTS / Citations must outweigh personal opinion.

I understand where you are coming from. It's hard to be the one that says no to the kids all the time ie: "Go ask your father". It gets old.

I very much appreciate all of you taking the time to discuss this with me.

I may be wrong or overly zealous but my intention is to help, and I have learned from your replies that you are indeed working as hard as you can here. I'll see what I can do to contribute in some small way.

Perhaps I'll see you on some of the boards...
Thank you once again
K

keymaker, echoing bardo's post can you please provide your analysis of your 75% figure. how, specifically, did you arrive at that number?

alasdair

Here are the threads...

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/748894-Why-cant-i-get-high-off-whip-its-anymore!

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/748886-i-wanna-do-acid-but-im-scared-as-hell

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...drug-tha-is-gonna-make-you-forget-WHO-you-are

Starting from the last thread first... 8 out of ten replies were irresponsible, and dangerous 80%

Middle thread re: LSD 20 dangerous posts encouraging the OP, and three misinformed via moderator several bragging about combos, and extreme doses. 61 total 19 chatter approx 66%

First thread last... 7 dangerous including Mods. 5 correct info 10 chatter 23 total posts 60%

I have to add that I find it strange that you would leave an inflammatory post on the support thread yet remove my reply to it.
Referring to post # 26, and the deleted # 27.

Obviously there is more Ego at play here than concern.

I am indeed sorry that this is my outlook. At this point it would be best that you delete my account as I can provide more help where it is indeed welcomed.

No need to reply as I will not be returning here. (unless Ego demands your need to get in the last word)

I have to add that I find it strange that you would leave an inflammatory post on the support thread yet remove my reply to it.
Referring to post # 26, and the deleted # 27.
i have no idea what you're talking about. both posts were removed from sight and the alt. account in question was banned. you're accusing staff of of inaction yet a couple of your examples point to specific action by staff.
Obviously there is more Ego at play here than concern.
the irony of this statement is not lost on me :)
At this point it would be best that you delete my account as I can provide more help where it is indeed welcomed.
there's information on leaving bluelight here: Leaving Bluelight
No need to reply as I will not be returning here. (unless Ego demands your need to get in the last word)
now who's playing games? criticise us if we don't respond. criticise us if we do...

alasdair