• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Questions about speed (amphetamine sulphate)

ordinary mind

Bluelighter
I'm not a complete stranger to phet, but my past use of it generally involved eating and snorting my way through my supply binge style (often with other drugs muddying the mix). So I've realised I actually have quite a lot of unanswered questions. To clarify, I have gone through Google in the past to try and get a clear understanding of what I was taking (as I do with basically any drug I've done), but in the case of amphetamine there seems to be a lack of consensus - not to mention conflicting terms depending on location (i.e. speed generally = meth in many countries, amphetamines is only known by many in prescription preparations a la Adderall). To add to the confusion there is obviously the issue of purity, and quite often threads asking good questions degenerate into a circle-jerk of rare and insightful points which can basically be summarised as "sometimes drug dealers lie about the quality of their product". 8)

I know I've seen a few regular speed users pop up on here, so I'm hoping I can get a few things cleared up. These questions are mostly directed at users of amphetamine paste, and ideally those who source from UK DMN vendors.

First of all, how do different ROAs compare? I've always been under the impression that oral was the way to go for best effect and longer duration. I've mostly been insufflating to day in order to keep the duration short, but I've found myself redosing waaaay more than I'd intended to because after the initial desired effects only last a relatively short time before I find my motivation fading. However, I'm concerned that the accumulative effect of redosing this way could be dangerous, even if I don't feel that high shortly after dosing. Basically, how long do oral and insufflated last, what are there benefits?

Dosage? I know this probably varies a fair bit, but can anyone give an approximate range for UK high quality paste these days? Low studying dose and party dose if possible! :D

I probably have more, but thats probably enough for you all to digest right now as I'm liable to babble on..... thanks for any help! :)

IME, snorting and oral are fairly close in duration, the redosing thing is definitely worth keeping in mind, but I find the trick is to remember that when you start feeling a little like you are coming down after a couple hours, ignore it, it'll pass pretty quickly, and then you can actually assess whether you want to re-up or not.

If you're sourcing darknet speed and your gear isn't 90%+, you're doing it wrong. Dosage reccomendation is really hard because tolerance plays a big role, for me 20 mg (of 90%+) is about a study/functional dose, 30-40 mg is party range. It's generally pretty easy to dial in speed dosage IME, especially nasally due to the faster onset, and if you're buying questionable gear you should absolutely be treating each new bag as needing reassessment.

Also, I would be remiss in my duty if I did not reccomend modafinil as a study drug. It's easier to be sure of quality, there's less harm potential, it boosts memory innately, and lasts for a lot longer so you get less of an up-and-down sensation.

May I also recommend plugging as a ROA.

(Every drug, I know, I know).

Sorry for another long post, I actively try to avoid stim rambling when I'm on one, but somehow I always end up with a load of "necessary" and "relevant" info....

@SquidInSunglasses - cheers for clearing up my confusion on the perceived shorter duration with insufflation. It was indeed the "feeling like I'm coming down" feeling that was leading me to assume insufflation has a much shorter action. Kind of wishing I'd read that a bit earlier now, as I've homework to get done this weekend and I've been redosing pretty haphazardly, and last dose wasn't that long ago. I'm gonna go ahead and guess I have a fair bit accumulated in my system then, and should probably settle in for a long night. Ah well, at least my weekend responsibilities are the kind of thing you can do from a laptop, so may as well get on with it while amp'd!

I have to say I did find this perceived dip in effects quite annoying - I didn't bother with scales as I don't know my products purity, instead I'd snort a bunch, wait to see where I am, then top up with a bit more if needed. This would get me into the headspace that I was after.... great sense of well-being (which means no getting distracted with an urge to redose), a smooth but not OTT euphoric buzz, and best of all a new found enjoyment and motivation to complete the task I was aiming to do.... but only for a bit. I can't give a specific time, but shortly after I'd feel a regression of the positive effects, and this in turn became a distracting thought to do more.

[As an aside, I often wonder if my past fondness for mephedrone has instigated this fiendish behaviour in me. Meph was one of the first "hard" drugs I tried at age 16 (imo meph meets the criteria for hard drug, even though it isn't traditionally associated with that scene). For me, fiending for more meph between doses causes a very real sense of distress. My uneducated hypothesis is that playing with a drug that alters the reward system so powerfully may well have had an impact on my growing brains ability to cope with less than desirable changes to my imminent mental well-being.... or maybe everyone feels this way and I just have shit self control, but back to the point at hand.....]

I find insufflating amp to be vaguely reminiscent of mephedrone fiending when it reaches that point where the effects drop off a bit. Thus, I only actually get a short bit of what I intended to do done before my concentration lapses and turns to redosing. I think I'll mostly stick with oral dosing in the future, but if I end up feeling that urge to redose sooner than expected I'll try waiting it out next time.

One thing I'm still not totally sure of is the duration of amps. I realise this probably changes depending on the amount ingested, but a rough timeframe for a single dose would be useful!

Also, in regards to why I didn't buy pure dry powder: first of all I think you may be reading too much into dealer marketing. I'd love to be proven wrong here, but I've never seen dry amphetamine powder advertised as more than 73%, reason being this is the highest purity possible in amphetamine sulphate (with sulphate comprising the remaining component). From what I've read, you're more of a scientist than me, so sorry if I'm talking balls, I'm basing this information from very unscientific sources! However, I doubt the dry powder advertised at 73% actually is that, and although its possible there are vendors with a pure product out there, I've also scoured the feedback of some of those claiming to sell phet of this strenght, and seen disgruntled reviewers complain that it isn't as strong as advertised, or even suspect that it is cut with flour in one instance!

Even still, I don't doubt that there powder available that tops paste.... unfortunately I tried to buy such a listing the week before last and the vendor turned out to be a scammer. Got my btc back through dispute, but since I was aiming to buy asap at the time I decided to just go for one of the popular UK paste listings (which still took feckin 5 days to arrive!).

I was hoping that some other people here might have an idea of the strength of the popular UK paste listings as they're probably not too different in potency. (This listing came advertised at 70%.... even if you work that out from completely dry weight, I can't believe it is anywhere near that figure).

ALSO FINALLY, a friend gave me 10 modafinil a few years ago. I found them vaguely helpful for academic study, but I'm not really looking to use speed as a study drug in the strictest sense..... more to make coding more fun, and regular early morning starts less painful. Basically, I'm foremost looking to enhance my quality of life (short-term, while I get over the anhedonia shaped hole that opiates have left) in a manner that is conductive, and not disruptive, to success in my course.

May I also recommend plugging as a ROA.

(Every drug, I know, I know).

Hmmm.... I'd kind of overlooked that as the idea of sticking a solventy smelling paste up there seemed potentially risky. Do you just make a solution with the dried stuff as normal? How does it compare (duration/intensity)?

Here's a thread about amphetamine BA - rectal administration is as close to IV as you're gonna get. Duration is probably slightly less than oral, intensity intensified :)

Never had any ass problems, and saves your nose getting fucked.

I'm not sure if adding citric would help sulphate dissolve better, never tried - that DNM paste doesn't always fully dissolve.

Here's a thread about amphetamine BA - rectal administration is as close to IV as you're gonna get. Duration is probably slightly less than oral, intensity intensified :)

I'm not sure if adding citric would help sulphate dissolve better, never tried - that DNM paste doesn't always fully dissolve.

Cheers bud, I'll take a gander at that thread in a bit.

I'm not really one for being squeamish when it comes to plugging, my main concern was more whether paste would cause a bad reaction rather than would it work generally. I guess the strong solventy smell made me tentative, and I'm pretty sure I've read amphetamine is on the caustic side generally.

That said, I seem to remember people reporting sticking ethylphenidate and diphenidine/mxp up their bums without them drastically collapsing, so I guess the rectum is pretty resilient. I wonder if its a sign...perhaps god designed our rectal walls to be so sturdy to help awaken us to the fact that it is humans ultimate tool for ingesting drugs. Or maybe it is just a result of natural evolution following all the yopo seeds that have been blown up there over the last Millenia.

FFS what am I talking about, I was supposed to be using this time to do programming work while I'm stuck awake and instead I'm hypothesizing bullshit about the relation between plugging and the evolution of the human rectum. At least I haven't started wanking yet.

Well contrary to my above post, I thought I'd be as well just having a skim of the link now. I had no idea oral was so much lower than insufflated bioavailability! Will give rectal dosing a bash next time. Don't have any citric (I searched recently when wanting to plug no. 3), but I'll do a bit of research beforehand and seek some out if necessary.

As a matter of fact, I'm somewhat new to plugging, but had great results so far. First attempt was with MXE, but I was so fucked by that point I don't even know if I successfully located my asshole. I had an alright attempt with meph, but was already on a bender by that point so it was difficult to assess. After a few more successful attempts with diphenidine/mxp, I recently plugged MDMA for the first time. I'm sure it helped that I had started the morning with some heroin, and hadn't had any MD for about 5 months, and also the dose was about 200mg (I took some of it oral after plugging, but most of it was plugged).

Wow. First time I've really appreciated the beauty of MD in years..... it mixed brilliantly with the h too (contrary to some reports) and left me in an ecstatic state where I was both nodding out yet super present (sounds contradictory but I dont know how to explain it better.... the heroin certainly didn't dull the empathy and bliss tho). Then I had my first experience with 5-meo-DMT while sitting in beautiful outdoor surroundings.... I'm getting off point here, plugged MD far exceeded my expectations. My only regret was I had no citric acid (and was probably too constipated to) plug the h.

Anyway, sorry for being so rambling tonight - really appreciate that tip there :)

Still looking for a duration - I've seen about 4 hours for oral (shorter than I'd thought), could this also be applied to intranasal? How about rectal? Do accumulative doses change this significantly, or will final effects be wearing off around 4 hours after last dose?

There's no need to add citric or any other acid to amphetamine sulphate as it is a salt and therefore readily dissolves in water. Anything that doesn't dissolve isn't amphetamine and ideally should be filtered out - though if it's going up your arse, that's probably not necessary. As for IVing sulphate, it's no better than snorting so is a bit of a waste of time and effort really.

Edit: don't buy paste, buy dry powder. It's not guaranteed to be any less cut, but at least you're not paying for water.

Last edited:
There's no need to add citric or any other acid to amphetamine sulphate as it is a salt and therefore readily dissolves in water. Anything that doesn't dissolve isn't amphetamine and ideally should be filtered out - though if it's going up your arse, that's probably not necessary. As for IVing sulphate, it's no better than snorting so is a bit of a waste of time and effort really.

Yeah I suppose it makes sense that you'd just sorta shit impurities out (or they get broken down by rectal mucas, I'm no scientist). For some reason, I've always found something about a drug mixture that isn't fully dissolved to be kind of unsettling.... not that I've ever IV'd, so I guess I'm worrying about nothing.

I already have a fairly good idea of what the responses will be, but how well does it vape? Obviously I can see the issue with inhaling a fair chunk of impurities in dried out paste, but for arguments sake would the more pure dry powder that Squid alluded to be suitable for this?

Yeah I suppose it makes sense that you'd just sorta shit impurities out (or they get broken down by rectal mucas, I'm no scientist). For some reason, I've always found something about a drug mixture that isn't fully dissolved to be kind of unsettling.... not that I've ever IV'd, so I guess I'm worrying about nothing.

I already have a fairly good idea of what the responses will be, but how well does it vape? Obviously I can see the issue with inhaling a fair chunk of impurities in dried out paste, but for arguments sake would the more pure dry powder that Squid alluded to be suitable for this?

Sulphate doesn't vape effectively. I believe the vapourisation temperature is far too high.

Ahh nice one, cheers man. I actually wasn't even planning to try really, I bought this bag with the intention of using in a sort-of adderall style - a not too overpowering dose in the mornings during the week (I'm seriously shit with mornings) to get me focused for class. Then possibly an equally small redose in the afternoon if needed. Then go a bit more wild on social nights. I was actually thinking oral administration for the "functional" doses, but I'm less sure now I've seen how much the bioavailability pales. Best get a new oral syringe :D

Or not, as it may be a moot point for now. After dosing all yesterday afternoon till late evening, I haven't slept a wink. Got a fairly large bit of homework to do today seeing as I spent yesterday procrastinating, so at 6 o' clock this morning the plate came back out. This is the kind of task theres no way I could do half asleep, so I guess I'll be bumping amps today until either the assignment or the baggie is done!

Which is exactly why I need to log off bluelight now, see ya on the flip side

Ahh nice one, cheers man. I actually wasn't even planning to try really, I bought this bag with the intention of using in a sort-of adderall style - a not too overpowering dose in the mornings during the week (I'm seriously shit with mornings) to get me focused for class. Then possibly an equally small redose in the afternoon if needed. Then go a bit more wild on social nights. I was actually thinking oral administration for the "functional" doses, but I'm less sure now I've seen how much the bioavailability pales. Best get a new oral syringe :D

Or not, as it may be a moot point for now. After dosing all yesterday afternoon till late evening, I haven't slept a wink. Got a fairly large bit of homework to do today seeing as I spent yesterday procrastinating, so at 6 o' clock this morning the plate came back out. This is the kind of task theres no way I could do half asleep, so I guess I'll be bumping amps today until either the assignment or the baggie is done!

Which is exactly why I need to log off bluelight now, see ya on the flip side

Yeh, if you want 'functional', stick to oral (a decent dose in a cup of coffee is my preferred method). For hedonistic, obsessive and compulsive pleasure, go with nasal or IV. Can't comment on rectal, as I can never get it past the watermelons ;)

Darn, wish Id known that before I threw more than half my stash up my snooter and stayed up all night doing everything but what I was intending to. So now I'm left with a dilemma - continue as I have been and just hope my determination to finish this assignment is enough to keep me focused, or switch to oral and risk running out prematurely (this could take a while, after yesterdays false starts I think I'm gonna need to go through all last weeks notes again before I'll get anywhere. And of course I'll want to be done early enough to stop the amps and get a decent sleep for getting up at half 6 Monday.

Who knew balancing illegal drugs and constructive activity could be such a delicate tightrope.

At least my parents are out at church for the next hour, so that gives me some time to wash away the sweaty drug smell and eat some breakfast without worrying about looking like an anorexic at gun point

Edit: don't buy paste, buy dry powder. It's not guaranteed to be any less cut, but at least you're not paying for water.

Yeah I've given up on the paste and go for the advertised dry powder instead (Which isn't even a guarantee that it will be).

Agree with oral being more functional than insufflated or IV - I find rectal to be quite smooth, as long you keep the dose low you won't be scattered / jittery etc. It just tends to lend itself to more compulsive re-dosing, so that's what you have to look out for I suppose.

Although now I've given up on phet and went for a little bit of methamp instead this month...

Yeah I've given up on the paste and go for the advertised dry powder instead (Which isn't even a guarantee that it will be).

Agree with oral being more functional than insufflated or IV - I find rectal to be quite smooth, as long you keep the dose low you won't be scattered / jittery etc. It just tends to lend itself to more compulsive re-dosing, so that's what you have to look out for I suppose.

Although now I've given up on phet and went for a little bit of methamp instead this month...

I actually ordered powder originally, and that vendor did an exit scam :| I disputed and got my moneys back, but after the disappointment of the first lot not arriving I made sure to be thorough in reading feedback... I saw one other promising powder vendor, but the delivery time was inconsistent and there were even a few older feedbacks claiming a poor batch and even that it tasted like flour. So I thought fuck it and went for paste.

The guy I used has a policy of sending extra if the product is considerably wet, but as it happens I got 3.5g that was probably the driest paste I've had.... looks like a slightly damp solid mass in the bag, but I didn't even really need to leave it spread on a plate or anything - just started chopping at it with a card and within a couple of minutes it was pulverised down into a dry powder with no trace of damp.

Since getting up and breakfasted/showered, I've only had one fairly small oral dose and a couple of small bumps.... I guess I just overdid it yesterday, as I've been much more into my work even after a sleepless night. Will probably save experimenting with plugging for another run as I don't want to overdo it with my parents around, and I'm not too keen on a more fiendish ROA seeing as I want to stop early enough to recuperate before its back to the daily 6:30 alarm :S

@Fug I'm jealous of your meth, I absolutely loved the stuff - but literally everytime I used it, whether it be a multiple day run or even just a 10mg bump, it ended in disaster. For some reason that shit makes me look crazy cracked out - yet I've been fairly caning amphet for about 24 hours and can look and act normal if I need to no bother.

I'd also like to add that I feel very much like I mildly psychadellic speed ball type effect. Like mdma, ketamine, meth and say..tramadol might feel...I'm in the clouds..

Feeling pretty damn good so I decided to list my side effects from the above medications:

-marked euphoria
-feeling of warmth in the abdominal area
-mild stimulation
-paradoxically, moderate relaxation
-increased desire for things involving motor movement, which is impaired
-mild dissociation
-calmness
-mental clarity
-moderate mood lift
-marked decrease in pain
-itching
-very mild anxiety, an almost comfortable anxiety
-bruxism
-increased desire and pleasure to consume nicotine
-mild dizziness
-very mild nausea, almost imperceptible
-' floating feeling'
-waves of what feels like a dopamine rush
-increased heart rate
- mild depressed breathing
-runny nose
-blissful feelings
-mild trance like state
-muscle relaxation
-CEV's

*note, this is for experienced drug users only, but if done right, you can achieve very desirable effects.

Apparently my first post was accidently deleted. In regards to adderall, plugging is the way to go. I plugged 42.5mgs adderall. This was after consuming 2400mgs gabapentin, 10mgs oxycodone, 450mgs caffiene, 30mgs pyrilamine, 200mgs doxylamine, 120mgs dextromethorphan, 3000mgs acetamenophen and 600mgs naproxen sodium. Stay safe, plugging adderall under the influence of these drugs can be dangerous. In the name of harm reduction please make sure you have a tolerance and/or are experienced with the above substances. As an aside I also smoked several bowls of very high quality marijuana and took 5 shots of schnapps, which is no longer affecting me. I feel great though. As for adderall by itself, plugging, buccal (between the gum and cheek) or sublingual ( under the tongue) will greatly increase absortion. I consumed a total of 50mgs adderall, but i have a moderate tolerance, although the DIM greatly intensifies the experience. Use caution.

What a combo. I would agree with you that extreme caution should be exercised if one seriously attempts to fill their face (and hole) with these drugs and these doses.

Although the use of caution would, for most, lead to one inevitable decision if contemplating the above....