• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Questions about my daughters over dose.. Please Help!

Okay so since the question about the patches and the actual drug side of things has been answered, I'm going to shoot this over to TDS so the OP can continue to get some support.

Again, very sorry for your loss. I wish you the best. It's just another prime example of why we need to do everything we can to keep these kids off drugs, or give them the proper knowledge to use safely.

OD--->TDS
This.
I don't want to turn the OPs thread into a soapbox but when society as a whole accepts that wise decisions can only be made with full access to relevant knowledge (instead of the standard 'drugs are bad...m'kay?')
will the numbers of tradgedies begin to fall.
sad stuff all round and our thoughts are with the OP.

Jazzy, I am so so so sorry to hear about your daughter. I know how amazing you and your family are, so I am sure this is something I can't possibly understand. I have never had children but I am sure I can imagine how badly this feels. <3

I am always here if you want to talk.

I am over a month off of Suboxone and I am glad to have a second chance at this. I hope that you find peace within all of this.

Thanks CH, Did you get my message? Congrats for getting off sub, one of these days I hope to do the same.
Jaz

I'm so sorry to hear your story about your daughter. Obviously I never knew her but I feel I knew her problem. It makes my eyes leak. As a father myself it's of course my worse fear. I'm looking to get off fentanyl amongst the benzo's and alcohol I drink. I'm terrified and don't think I would even attempt it but for my young kids. It's defined my life. As for your daughter I can only suggest that while I take the patches I occasionally get a bag of diesel (I dislike writing that other word). And I named the three primary drugs I currently take, I always have had a taste for diesel, since that's here it started. And if your Daughter is anything like me (and countless friends of my mine) the line b/w a well decided attempt to take one's life or just the wrong mix is very slim. Many nights I feel so worthless and powerless to stop I wish I would be taken. I'd go on but I feel for you and believe that She's in an easier place for her. It's cliche and does nothing for you, but I'll write it anyway. I myself don't know how to go forward. Sincerely, M, NYC, NY

Please please get some help. I took my daughter to a methadone clinic but it was making her depressed and gain weight. She tried it for a couple of months but hated all the side effects. I wanted to get her on sub but there the closest doctor is 120 miles away and sadly I didn't think I could afford it. Wish I'd tried harder. She would have qualified for the "free sub" program but I couldn't get her to make that call. I also learned she used sub several times (that she bought on the streets) to keep from being dope sick and always went back to the hard stuff. She was not ready to be "sober" and we both knew it. Trust me going thru this is the most painful, hardest thing I've have ever gone though. Same for the rest of my family. DO NOT let this happen to you. Thanks for your kind worlds.

Last edited:
this is all such sad stuff (not just jazzy but other posters), I just wanted to re-iterate that my thoughts and sympathies are with you.
I also wanted to ask the mods, could this thread eventually go to the BL shrine or even best of BL?. I just feel that this thread shouldnt just disappear into the maze of old threads...

Im sorry for your loss. It sounds as though she probably found peace though, I mean if shed been living with guilt and heroin addiction for 15 years, maybe those problems just werent gonna go away. Still, the human soul is eternal

My thoughts really go out to you and your daughter. When we make opiate addiction a mental health issue instead of a criminal issue(which it isnt), maybe we can finally prevent things like this. Sadly our government basically just says 'my way, or the highway'.

this is all such sad stuff (not just jazzy but other posters), I just wanted to re-iterate that my thoughts and sympathies are with you.
I also wanted to ask the mods, could this thread eventually go to the BL shrine or even best of BL?. I just feel that this thread shouldnt just disappear into the maze of old threads...

Yeah I was considering requesting it go to the Shrine as well, which is why I originally asked if his daughter had been a BL'er. But even if she wasn't, the fact that he is and lost a daughter, is still worthy of the shrine to me. We'll see about getting it there.

^
Great stuff.
I was unsure on the rules regarding moving it to the shrine for the same reason you stated scagnattie but im glad to hear that your already on it.

Jazzyhope, I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. Thank you for posting, this thread could save someones life.

Godspeed <3

Im sorry for your loss jazzy. I hope she found a little peace before the end

xanax and methadone is a killer, probably similar with fetanyl. if anything even worse.

its a very sad situation xx