• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Questions about my beautiful Poppies.

Collect opium as normal scoring the pod, letting it bleed from morning until night then collecting it all, and finally dissolving a small enough piece to be one dose in a cup of water. Drink and enjoy... Not too complicated just scoring the pod right so it bleeds as much as possible is important.

and it's that simple? So I just score one pod (Will read up on how to) let it bleed for 24 hours, collect the 'milk' and then put in a tea?

Dont try to collect from already harvested plants. They wont bleed.
They need to be still in the ground.

i used to make tea from fresh pods and it was kickin'. Most people who have never done poppy tea are actually surprised at how potent it is if done right, so keep this in mind. good luck :)

i used to make tea from fresh pods and it was kickin'. Most people who have never done poppy tea are actually surprised at how potent it is if done right, so keep this in mind. good luck :)

Do you mind giving me your instructions to a good Poppy Pod Tea?

Do you mind giving me your instructions to a good Poppy Pod Tea?

Well I would take either fresh pods or dried pods and crush them up. Then take the crushed poppy pods and place them in a pot with some water. place the pot on the stove using low heat. you don't want to boil the water. heat the crushed pods for about 5 to 7 minutes. Then remove from the stove and strain the crushed up pod matter from the tea using a cheesecloth or something similar. Add lemon juice to help the taste and there you go - poppy pod tea. feel free to PM me if you are unclear on anything. its pretty simple though, I'm guessing you'll do fine. Good luck and happy tea-drinking :)

Well I would take either fresh pods or dried pods and crush them up. Then take the crushed poppy pods and place them in a pot with some water. place the pot on the stove using low heat. you don't want to boil the water. heat the crushed pods for about 5 to 7 minutes. Then remove from the stove and strain the crushed up pod matter from the tea using a cheesecloth or something similar. Add lemon juice to help the taste and there you go - poppy pod tea. feel free to PM me if you are unclear on anything. its pretty simple though, I'm guessing you'll do fine. Good luck and happy tea-drinking :)

Hey thanks for that dude. I'll PM you for the exact method, from start to finish if you don't mind of course.

So could I just pluck a live pod, crush it up, cook it in warm to simmering water for 20 - 30 mins and then consume??

There is just too many conflicting methods.

Hey guys!
New BlueLight user here. (although I'm a chicken sh#t, and doing it incognito)
A friend (who I'll refer to as "AF") bought what he thought was going to be dried heads at a local florist shop today. Turned out they were freshly cut (from California). Here in Oregon it's a bit early for local gardens so AF went that route. It's important to note that ANY heads were hard to find, and these had to be delivered to the store from the supplier. He bought all that was available.

So, after reading "Opium For The Masses" by Jim Hogshire, AF had everything in line to make poppy tea. What he didn't have was any information about FRESH heads. (this is why I'm posting here.....hopefully the next guy will find this)

AF tossed the 20 medium sized heads into a blender (white immature seeds and all)...he blended everything as fine as he could and added 2 cups of boiling water & some lemon juice. (the acid in lemon helps to release the alkaloids)
AF let it sit for 20 minutes and then strained out the green liquid. He then took handfuls of the plant material and squeezed out every bit of liquid he could.(it was cool enough by then)...Next strained it a second time through a very fine screen to get out the last of the solids. After that he added some honey and drank it down.
He had read in various places that it takes about an hour to feel the effects. After an hour he reported that he was starting to feel it, but not much. He wondered if the poppies he got were a variety that had less alkaloids. (all poppies have some)
At 1.5 hours he realized this was NOT the case...... Now at the 2 hour mark, he's itching his nose every few seconds and feeling better than anyone (other than an opium user) can imagine.
Very little work and money involved, and a (reported) great high.

So.....I guess the heads don't have to be dried at all. This makes perfect sense to me because the active goodies are there before it's dried. It's important to note that the green heads had a slightly whitish, dusty appearance... meaning they were about ready.
Thought I would share AF's experience.......Happy trails to all.
;)

"If they are fresh one could just bleed the pods for opium...."

Scoring or "bleeding" the pods has two major problems.
First, it's pretty hard to convince the cops or neighbors you are growing them to sell for flower arrangements (or some other legal use) when the pods are scored.
Second, the time and work isn't worth it.
If you take the fresh pods and process them into tea, you get all the goodies (and more) that you would ever get from bleeding them. Bleeding gets the goodies from the pods and stems, so it only makes sense that making tea from those very same pods and stems gives you every little bit of opium from the plant. Nothing "extra" is produced by the act of scoring the pods.
If you really want the sticky raw opium, you can simply make your poppy tea, place it in a glass dish and allow the moisture to evaporate. This takes some time, but you end up with exactly what you would have by scoring and scraping the pods. All in the privacy of your home, away from those 'not so understanding' eyes.
One word of warning if you do this. Opium reacts to extreme heat in a bad way. While covering the pods and stems (leaves too!) with boiling water is OK, boiling the pods or placing your finished tea in the oven to speed up dehydration risks destroying the very thing you are trying to get.
If you are in a hurry to get the sticky raw opium, you can make your tea with 95% grain alcohol (don't boil it) and allow the solvent (alcohol) to evaporate. This is actually a tincture rather than a tea. A warm dry area and a fan blowing across the dish will speed it up.

Last edited:
It's because of your words of warning scoring pods, collecting opium, and cleaning the water insolubles out is easier. If your on private property LEO shouldn't be a problem if you spread the grow through the yard and score the sides that view is obstructed by plants and fences.