• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Questions about my beautiful Poppies.

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
Hi, so I am the proud owner of between 50 - 60 Poppy plants (Papaver Somniferum).

Of these ~20 are the Afghan White variety & the other ~40 are the Giant Purple Tasmanian variety.

I have grown these in my garden for the beautiful flowers they produce for a few years now, they make a nice indoor flower head too for my vases.

So here is my queries regarding these. Basically I've been on a variety of Opiates/ Opioids for pain management, which eventually/ inevitably turned into an addiction, of sorts. My usual meds are as follows;

Codeine, Dihydrocodeine, Tramadol, Morphine Sulphate (ER pills), Kratom (Only listing the Op's)

I have been interested in making my own Poppy Pod Tea yet I'm not quite sure how to go about this safely. Is there any way to gauge the potency of my product? Any good tips out there on how to make it right?

All info is greatly appreciated, whether you think it would be a wise venture or not.

Thanks in advance.

Just speaking as a gardener, I envy you your flowers!

Why thank you. It's just a shame such a beautiful plant has brought complete misery and destruction to so many lives.

Still, it has it's uses and for some is a welcome relief.

Yes they are. Definitely.
You need alot of seeds to get effects.
I used to make seed tea with seeds from the grocery store. 250g for a turn without tolerance if I remember correctly.
(Doesnt work anymore in my area because they are washed now to have very low alkaloid content by law).

I dont want to give any advice on making tea from the pods because i only did it a few times with varying results.

Last edited:
There isn't really any way to gauge how much morphine/codeine is in any given pod or batch of pod tea, though, obviously, larger pods usually would contain more than smaller ones. Just start with a small batch (1-2 pods for a beginner, but it sounds like you already have a tolerance, so you'd probably need a bit more), then ramp up from there if it isn't strong enough. As for making it, there are a lot of conflicting views on it; some people like to acidify the water, some people like to alkalinize it, some people just make it with plain water. Whichever you do, I wouldn't recommend using boiling water (or boiling the tea), since that's likely to destroy some of the compounds. Grind up the pods good for maximum surface area, too.

Yes you are unlikely to run into OD issues if you have a tolerance to pharmaceutical opiates - That is a massive generalisation but I've helped plenty of folks grow them and I have never had any other run into issues when processing the plants (crudely). They are usually disappointed as they expect a lot more from their various preparations - teas etc.

Buy you can still kill yourself but you would be surprised at how much you need to consume. If you are going to the level of making opium putty and doing alkaloid extracts from that, well then you are on your way to a product that could cause health problems like OD.

Yes you are unlikely to run into OD issues if you have a tolerance to pharmaceutical opiates - That is a massive generalisation but I've helped plenty of folks grow them and I have never had any other run into issues when processing the plants (crudely). They are usually disappointed as they expect a lot more from their various preparations - teas etc.

Buy you can still kill yourself but you would be surprised at how much you need to consume. If you are going to the level of making opium putty and doing alkaloid extracts from that, well then you are on your way to a product that could cause health problems like OD.

Thanks to all the above posters.

Do I just put the ground pods into warm water and stir? I could find recipes/ instructions on the seeds but not many to be found regarding the pods.

Yes, let it sit for 20 or 30 minutes and stir a few times.

Do the pods need to be dry? Or should I just pick 2, grind them up, add them to moderately warm water and stir for up to half an hour?

It seems too easy, I'm concerned a little, ha.

To get the most out of your poppies, skip the tea! Trust me on this! I tried the tea of 6 pods with very weak effects after which I grinded up only 2 pods to a fine powder and ate them by the tablespoon chased with water. The 6 pod tea I made even re-using to get the most, felt like a quarter to a half my 2 pods finely crushed powder and washed down with water.

It takes about 60min to work, longer than tea, but once it comes on its much stronger and lasts way longer. Its much more economical but above all it gets you way, way higher! I would never have gotten into pods if I used the tea, but this way at the height of my addiction I would eat 6-8 pods 3-4x day, each dose making me nod the fuck out.

Try it once this way and you will never regret it!

*I promise/guarantee anyone who tries it this way will say goodbye forever to the tea!*

The pods don't have to be dry but do have to be dry enough so you can get them to a fine powder as otherwise you will have stomach problems in the digestion of the pods and if (still wanting) to make a tea it won't have the maximum surface area necessary for extraction. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

p.s. Be advised that if using the stems, only put 1-2 in the coffee grinder as I've had about 5-6 coffee grinders destroyed by putting too many stems inside breaking the blades, especially the top part of the stem (the part that goes inside the pod), which is the heaviest. Stems work well but are less sedating, you will see what I mean.

Last edited:
Taking about 2-3 tablespoons every 1.5hrs would be a good measure. The high was hard to detect at first because of the excitement the high is quite energetic and so I didn't think they were that special my first day or two which consisted of getting high much like you, by trying to gage the high. It wasn't until one morning when I woke up with a big headache, having gone to sleep after taking several pods, I went and threw up, after which I felt like I had taken too much morphine and that's when I knew they were the right ones! After that it only took 2-3 medium size pods to get high, or 3-4 to get blasted high.

I think that it has to do with the thebaine in pods in that once you have a little tolerance to the thebaine, headaches tend to disappear with use along with the stimulant nature of the poppy plant.

Last edited:
I'd honestly bleed them and smoke (well, vaporize, actually) the raw opium gum - maybe do a crude refine on it (boil it, strain, let it coagulate- perhaps repeat).

Smoked opium is a real treat, even if it's not as purely euphoric as refined opiates. The effects are nearly instant, so in my opinion, it's harder to overdose too.

I've never had bad side effects from the rare times I was able to smoke opium, but from poppy pod and seed tea I've had some unpleasant effects that I never get from any other opiates. I always assumed it was the thebaine content.

Thanks again.

I think I will try the method of crushing/ grinding 2 pods to a pulp and then chasing with water, if not too harsh. Is it as bad as a Toss&Wash of say 4 - 6g of Kratom because I simply cannot do that.

As for smoking I think I will give that a miss as I don't want to rouse too much suspicion from the GF. Making a tea or a quick wash is passable, but smoking raw Opium? Not so much, ha.

Any more input is gladly appreciated of course.

It would be safer to make a tea.
Because you dont know how potent your material is
Sure two pods Most likely wont get you in trouble.
But when making a tea you can slowly work your way up.

The only thing with grinding up whole raw pods is that you get the seeds as well, which don't really add anything to the mix besides possible nausea, from what I've heard.

Collect opium as normal scoring the pod, letting it bleed from morning until night then collecting it all, and finally dissolving a small enough piece to be one dose in a cup of water. Drink and enjoy... Not too complicated just scoring the pod right so it bleeds as much as possible is important.