• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Question regarding Heroin withdrawal and methods of tapering.

thanks for the poppy seed tea idea! its been years since I made a brew of it, used to think it was really good. Now Ive been on suboxone for about a year(after multiple years of heroin use), and about to drop off it. With the very strong binding affinity and long half-life, its only expected for such long withdrawals. A lot of people speak of PAWS, withdrawals lasting months and months. I really dont have time for that, Im disgusted by the feeling of withdrawals by now, and I have a hard enough time functioning from day to day. I almost considered going back to heroin for a week or two and then just having the shorter withdrawal from that, but using IV its really hard to taper. it's all about the immediate feeling, hard just to "stay well" when IV'ing heroin, especially once it comes to titrating lower dosages. I wish I could get extended release morphine or like even codiene (prolly be even easier withdrawals), kratom seems like a possibility, but Ill have to go on the shop for some Poppy seeds. the store around me that had them "sprouted" a lot of plants ;P lol but the prices werent bulk by any means. can I just say, google, local bulk foods in Arizona? hopefully theres a place around me with decent prices, if money wasnt an issue Id just use opiates the rest of my life. nahhh not really, I want off this shit, but w/d's are the worst especially after experiencing them so many times.

thanks for the poppy seed tea idea! its been years since I made a brew of it, used to think it was really good. Now Ive been on suboxone for about a year(after multiple years of heroin use), and about to drop off it. With the very strong binding affinity and long half-life, its only expected for such long withdrawals. A lot of people speak of PAWS, withdrawals lasting months and months. I really dont have time for that, Im disgusted by the feeling of withdrawals by now, and I have a hard enough time functioning from day to day. I almost considered going back to heroin for a week or two and then just having the shorter withdrawal from that, but using IV its really hard to taper. it's all about the immediate feeling, hard just to "stay well" when IV'ing heroin, especially once it comes to titrating lower dosages. I wish I could get extended release morphine or like even codiene (prolly be even easier withdrawals), kratom seems like a possibility, but Ill have to go on the shop for some Poppy seeds. the store around me that had them "sprouted" a lot of plants ;P lol but the prices werent bulk by any means. can I just say, google, local bulk foods in Arizona? hopefully theres a place around me with decent prices, if money wasnt an issue Id just use opiates the rest of my life. nahhh not really, I want off this shit, but w/d's are the worst especially after experiencing them so many times.

I urge you to do your absolute best to find it, it's a miracle, a fucking life-saver. It, and it alone, is what I attribute my quitting a 4.5 year high dose IV hydromorphone addiction to. Powerful. Fucking. Stuff.

As for where to look... Try the looking in the Yellowpages, or the web version of it. I just did a quick google and there are quite a few bulk stores in Arizona. I can't tell you any of them, obviously, because that'd be sourcing. But try calling some of those numbers, after you search them up. Just call each one and ask if they supply bulk poppy seeds. Try to find the cheaper ones, the ones that don't obviously have reams of cash to spend, as these folks get their seeds from sources that skimp on the mandated washing. Lower-end bulk stores and/or ethnic food stores usually do the trick.

I'm sure if you look you'll find it. Hopefully you find a good one off the bat. If the first batch doesn't work, try a different bulk store.

was in detocx it got to bad they sent me to hospital im discharged now what.

Hello im new here and have had hit on day 3 ct off heroin but i got so bad i was puking couldn't keep any meds down i was in a detox they sent me to the hospital whom gave me adavane while in there it just made me loopy so i just came home and had two hits of brown it made the stomach problems be reduced but im truly trying to kick this would it be a good idea to wait 24 hours than have a puff and be good or do you think im hurting myself in the process i just know my withdrawels were way to bad by the 3rd day i need help asap oh subs and methadone are not a option .whould you say i could just go from now on and be fine since i was on day three and only has 2 hits? maybe made it taper a lil so it wont be so bad in the next 24to 40 since i made it to day three the worst of it all now going on four? please help asap!! or do you think ishoild just take a hit everytime it gets that bad so i can ct the rest of the way anything helps!!!!

Last edited: