• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Question about Oxycodone

Nor a bunch of other countries . . . I wonder how many chronic pain patients and doctors will have left the US by the time this is all over . . . whilst I think a few places have imitated it, the US policy inaugurated in 1914 and kept intact even when the Supreme Court told them in the 1920s and 1930s to stop, that it is illegal for a doctor to maintain and treat an addict is essentially a US innovation introduced by anti-Semitic, anti-Asian, misogynist and Ku-Kluxing Congressmen with the Harrison Narcotic Act -- see the stories in Drugs In The Media about doctors in Canada writing for hydromorphone for addicts to stabilise them and how different it is . . . much more common too, which is why a lot of European countries on top of all of the above at least have four to ten options for maintenance treatment and in a lot of cases GPs and other doctors can just write for the person's Drug of Choice, or something more healthy or medicinally available.

They say there are lies, damn lies and statistics . . . somehow the fact that 70 + per cent of narcotic production is allegedly consumed in the US is proving something -- well yes, there is massive under-production, and really sane countries which have better policies like Austria's where people have a right to take narcotics enshrined in law are just sort of tiny, like about this size of Minnesota populationwise -- less than one 1100th of the world population, that is all

They say 70 per cent of junkies started out with a script? Well, 70 per cent of the population who are not addicts also got a narcotic script at some point.

Couldn't have said it better myself. We are the biggest power in the world, technology wise also and yet we cant figure out there is a problem here. Healthcare being another royal fuckup. Don't see Canada with a healthcare problem...hmmm??
[/QUOT

um... i went 4 days using 1/4 my rx'd dose and i didn't find my tolerance drop at all? why. does it take longer the longer you've been on em
I cold turkeyed 57 mg of methadone after back surgery. Pissed off the surgeon for stopping before surgery. He was so mad that he would not give me any pain meds because I wouldn't take the methadone. I told him and everybody in the OR that I wasn't taking that stuff anymore. "Just keep taking your methadone!" Prick. I had had enough of the daily ritual of going to the clinic. Thankful for the pain it relieved but I couldn't believe that prick wouldn't give me anything after putting a hole in my back. Haven't had any problems detoxing and am 5 days without the 57 mg of methadone. Was only given a few morphine when I finally went to er. No doubt that helped, but have had a terrible experience from the get go with our local medical personnel her in Gresham, Oregon. We hear so much about what will happen if we just stop that stuff. Five days out and the fucking surgeon said I would be cowering in a closet if I just stopped. I boarded up the windows en lieu of the pending storm, but the storm hasn't hit yet!