• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Question about Oxycodone

NotoriousGiB

Greenlighter
How long does it take for your opiate tolerance to lower? I’ve been taking Oxycodone for about 6 days and I feel like my tolerance is rising and I want to take a tolerance break plus I don’t want to get addicted. So how long until my tolerance will return to normal?

You've only used it 6 days in total? You shouldn't have accrued that much tolerance in that amount of time.

As for how long it takes for tolerance to go down - it varies - if you develop a significant amount of tolerance no amount of time will drop it back to opioid naive levels, but a week (or even 3 days) will lower it significantly which is why methadone programmes often have a rule where if you haven't been to the pharmacy/clinic to have your dose dispensed for 3 days in a row you have to go back to square one and get re-stabilized from a low dose. Because if you didn't take any opioids during those three days your tolerance could potentially have dropped to a point where your usual methadone dose could overdose you.

So a significant portion of your tolerance can be lost very quickly but beyond that it slows to the point where you would need a much longer period of clean time.

I would need much more detailed information on your use of opioids to be more precise than this. I would be surprised if you had gained any significant amount of physiological tolerance from only 6 days of use. Or do you mean the 6 days is only the latest period of opioid use?

In terms of not getting addicted to oxycodone, you should definitely not be using it 6 days in a row if that is your goal. 6 days would be a very short time to develop a physical dependency but it would not be outside the realm of possibility IMO so you are already playing with fire there if you don't want to become addicted.

Last edited:
You've only used it 6 days in total? You shouldn't have accrued that much tolerance in that amount of time.

As for how long it takes for tolerance to go down - it varies - if you develop a significant amount of tolerance no amount of time will drop it back to opioid naive levels, but a week (or even 3 days) will lower it significantly which is why methadone programmes often have a rule where if you haven't been to the pharmacy/clinic to have your dose dispensed for 3 days in a row you have to go back to square one and get re-stabilized from a low dose. Because if you didn't take any opioids during those three days your tolerance could potentially have dropped to a point where your usual methadone dose could overdose you.

So a significant portion of your tolerance can be lost very quickly but beyond that it slows to the point where you would need a much longer period of clean time.

I would need much more detailed information on your use of opioids to be more precise than this. I would be surprised if you had gained any significant amount of physiological tolerance from only 6 days of use. Or do you mean the 6 days is only the latest period of opioid use?

In terms of not getting addicted to oxycodone, you should definitely not be using it 6 days in a row if that is your goal. 6 days would be a very short time to develop a physical dependency but it would not be outside the realm of possibility IMO so you are already playing with fire there if you don't want to become addicted.
Thanks. I’ve never taken opioids more than 2 days in a row at a time. It’s very rare for me to use any kind of painkiller. Only reason I’m using them now is for a condition I have. Thanks for the detailed reply

Thanks. I’ve never taken opioids more than 2 days in a row at a time. It’s very rare for me to use any kind of painkiller. Only reason I’m using them now is for a condition I have. Thanks for the detailed reply
Ah well that's good to hear ? (that you're not using them too often that is - not that you have a condition which requires strong opioids!)

um... i went 4 days using 1/4 my rx'd dose and i didn't find my tolerance drop at all? why. does it take longer the longer youve been on em

um... i went 4 days using 1/4 my rx'd dose and i didn't find my tolerance drop at all? why. does it take longer the longer youve been on em
I honestly don't know, it does seem to vary person to person though ? questions around personal tolerance are inherently gonna have imprecise answers.

I wouldn't be surprised if some people drop tolerance a lot faster than others. In that case the 3 day methadone clinic example would probably be at the conservative end of the spectrum, whereas you might need twice that amount of time, who knows.

I don't think it's about how long you've been on them, because then we wouldn't have the situation where a seasoned smack head goes into detox comes out a week later and ODs.

P.s

That sounds terrible only using a 1/4 of your dose for 4 days straight man, I would feel like trash if I did that. I guess you ran out early? ?

Last edited:
I honestly don't know, it does seem to vary person to person though ? questions around personal tolerance are inherently gonna have imprecise answers.

I wouldn't be surprised if some people drop tolerance a lot faster than others. In that case the 3 day methadone clinic example would probably be at the conservative end of the spectrum, whereas you might need twice that amount of time, who knows.

I don't think it's about how long you've been on them, because then we wouldn't have the situation where a seasoned smack head goes into detox comes out a week later and ODs.

P.s

That sounds terrible only using a 1/4 of your dose for 4 days straight man, I would feel like trash if I did that. I guess you ran out early? ?
nah i was trying to cut down, but......... that ended with me taking 3 days meds all at once so that was ... pretty much not worth it LELEL

nah i was trying to cut down, but......... that ended with me taking 3 days meds all at once so that was ... pretty much not worth it LELEL
Hahaha yeah depriving yourself totally isnt worth it if you just pig out after.

I just take a couple mls out of my methadone dose for each day, small enough that I don't notice it, but it drops my tolerance enough that on the days when I take my full dose I feel all warm and fuzzy ?

Ive been off methadone for a few months after years of heroin and oxy and last night i had a brutal headache. A nurse gave me a shot of hydromorphone, only 2mg and I was high . So 3 or 4 months definitely resets your tolerance

Your use of opiates/opioids in the US is still crazy in comparison to the rest of the world even after recent restrictions/ controls of this class of medications. I can't believe that you got a shot of Hydromorphone for a brutal headache. Here they would probably only give it if you had a missing limb:)

Your use of opiates/opioids in the US is still crazy in comparison to the rest of the world even after recent restrictions/ controls of this class of medications. I can't believe that you got a shot of Hydromorphone for a brutal headache. Here they would probably only give it if you had a missing limb:)

Is that user really in the US? I don't know the situation or underlying cause but nowadays you are more likely to be given Benadryl than any opioid unless it is cancer-related or stemming from a terminal condition. They still give patients Morphine in hospitals but it truly is a mess here. Even hospitals are afraid to over-administer opioid medications. The fake crisis has ruined so many lives it is ridiculous. They even visit dying individuals in hospice care and write the exact date and time on Fentanyl patches! They count your pills and patches and if even 1 is missing they take it all and let you die painfully! Evil

Yeah, that's pretty sudden and drastic change. I actually don't know where Lucy is but I assumed it to be the States upon reading of Hydromorphone administration for headache.

Im in the Czech republic

I try to never take them more than two days in a row, then three days off.,hope this helps .I love them you are on a very slippery slope my friend,be careful!

This all has to do with economics and other factors -- that the United States consumes a huge percentage of the narcotics and chronic pain people and patients there cannot be medicated properly only means that the worldwide production is way too low and it is especially bad in developing countries. Which is why I have said for a long time that the International Narcotics Control Board, -- which has alleviating those shortages and any scientific ignorance that may be causing the shortages as one of their mandates -- should purchase the Afghan opium crop every year and use it to combat pain everywhere, and pointedly ignore and counter American propaganda about this.

I know a lady who has very bad migraine headaches which became manageable with pre-loaded syringes of pethidine and morphine cubes along with caffeine tablets, aspirin, and paracetamol, ergotamine, bromocriptine, and pergolide. After a projectile vomiting session related to this, her doctors tried dronabinol but the effect was not good, so they, after adding several layers of plausible deniability, the doctors pointed her to the underground freelance pharmaceutical salespeople who provided weed that she turned into tinctures and smoked and vapourised cannabis, which worked well, and she was also turned on to psilocybin mushrooms as a more direct means of affecting the headaches via the CNS.

Hydromorphone and oxymorphone injection, available in the United States as Dilaudid HP and Numorphan respectively, are also what is called for in cases of injury from a foreign object in the eye, being struck by lightning, phantom limb pain, and animal bites. When I was working there right after university, I could sometimes develop intractable nausea and vomiting from the MS-Contin and the immediate-release morphine oral to fine-tune the dose and therefore could not keep my dose, for a long time I was able to go to the doctor and be given a shot of hydromorphone mixed with hydroxyzine or cyclizine whilst I dissolved ondansetron tablets under my tongue, then a few minutes later shots of promethazine and other anti-emetics if needed. The fourth time I had to go to the Emergency Department for vomiting like this, the doctor wrote a prescription for 12 Dilaudid ampoules and my GP added oral/sublingual and injectable hydromorphone in place of the immediate release morphine tablets. Endo may have changed the name of oxymorphone to Opana Injection. One thing that many years ago caused a very serindipitous discovery -- in various European and Asian markets, a product called Numorphan Oral is actually hydromorphinol, a very close relative of hydromorphone and oxymorphone which has an even stronger bang as the speed of molecules sticking to receptors. The three drugs are so similar that they all cause presumptive positives for oxycodone in drug screening test.

Why do human rights groups not include undertreatment of pain and harassment of doctors in ratings of freedom for countries, or have some started to do so?

Yeah, that's pretty sudden and drastic change. I actually don't know where Lucy is but I assumed it to be the States upon reading of Hydromorphone administration for headache.

My back hurt also from sleeping on a couch in the hospital. I think the nurses took pity on me and figured watching my dad die slowly i was in punishment already.

Is that user really in the US? I don't know the situation or underlying cause but nowadays you are more likely to be given Benadryl than any opioid unless it is cancer-related or stemming from a terminal condition. They still give patients Morphine in hospitals but it truly is a mess here. Even hospitals are afraid to over-administer opioid medications. The fake crisis has ruined so many lives it is ridiculous. They even visit dying individuals in hospice care and write the exact date and time on Fentanyl patches! They count your pills and patches and if even 1 is missing they take it all and let you die painfully! Evil
man, the day my pharmacist told me i was full of shit because i count every fucking morphine, oxy, and hydromorphone every month that 3 of my hydros were missing was the day he knew he had dun fucked up because i drove over there and went batshit crazy, now only the pharmacy owner does my narcotic pills and signs them so that no one touches them, hell i get my narcotics stapled in a bag, inside of my other meds bag lelel, i know one of them stole my 3 hydros, but i know its also never gonna happen again

And yet the fucking DEA frown on people using Kratom for their pain and moreover for withdrawals. Yet they dont like people using it because it doesn't benefit big pharma. People are dropping like flies because of the fentanyl scare on the black market. Damned if you do and dammed if you don't.

Well getting rid of the detox tools like kratom and trying with poppy seeds, loperamide, tianeptine -- is the rehab cult/mafia, not big pharma, or little pharma . . the rehab gangsters are happy to let people make that kind of oversight . . . people who are chronic pain patients -- and chronic pain patients cut off or cut down when they doctors are terrorised, therefore being put on the road to being street junkies, dead street junkies, heart attack fatalities, or suicides, and all the others who need opioids - people need to stop letting the ignorant people and the propagandists get away with all the lies and vacuous twaddle about the fake opioid cri$i$ . . . these people have the blood of the poisoned fentanyl/carfentanil/Upjohn 44700/bathtub gin benzos/poison victims just like the DEA does . . . the DEA wanted to poison street addicts with etorphine in the early 1970s and with potassium cyanide, thallium or whatever else they had in the middle 1980s -- so now China and Mexico are sending Weapons of Mass Destruction in little envelopes and it s time just to sit there with their thumbs up their arses . . .

"Big pharma" saw pain being undertreated in the US and found a way to sell products, the raison d'être for any firm, to sell things. The people being helped by what they are doing to them now are the bastards who own chains of rehab clinics making millions and billions off the misery and ignorance of other human beings . . . some of them actually are run by cults and it is hard to see who has the crazier, least scientific programme anyways . . .

For-profit drug addiction rehabilitation is an abomination and it is no wonder why things are like they are in the US. It is certainly unethical and it certainly shouldn't be legal. And there is obviously no government oversight to make sure they are using scientific, evidence-based reasoning . . . those arseholes are practising medicine without a licence - what would Hippocrates think about all this? There is even less pointing to total abstinence from all psychoactives then there is for abstience-only sex education, and it is not a co-incidence. Both are unnatural, unhealthy in the long run and setting people up for failure

Last edited:
Well getting rid of the detox tools like kratom and trying with poppy seeds, loperamide, tianeptine -- is the rehab cult/mafia, not big pharma, or little pharma . . the rehab gangsters are happy to let people make that kind of oversight . . . people who are chronic pain patients -- and chronic pain patients cut off or cut down when they doctors are terrorised, therefore being put on the road to being street junkies, dead street junkies, heart attack fatalities, or suicides, and all the others who need opioids - people need to stop letting the ignorant people and the propagandists get away with all the lies and vacuous twaddle about the fake opioid cri$i$ . . . these people have the blood of the poisoned fentanyl/carfentanil/Upjohn 44700/bathtub gin benzos/poison victims just like the DEA does . . . the DEA wanted to poison street addicts with etorphine in the early 1970s and with potassium cyanide, thallium or whatever else they had in the middle 1980s -- so now China and Mexico are sending Weapons of Mass Destruction in little envelopes and it s time just to sit there with their thumbs up their arses . . .
Couldn't have said it better myself. We are the biggest power in the world, technology wise also and yet we cant figure out there is a problem here. Healthcare being another royal fuckup. Don't see Canada with a healthcare problem...hmmm??