• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Quebec expands vaccine passports to liquor, cannabis stores, with 3rd dose requirement on the way

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
It was only a matter of time. And that’s not the worst of it - Canada wide, mail order Cannabis is handled by Canada Post. And they’ve *stopped* delivering Cannabis to people’s place of residence spring, 2020 b/c of the risk pf contacting Covid when an adult signs for the product.

*ALL* Cannabis ordered to be delivered will be re-routed to a post office for pick up, unless you live in a province/territory that allows same day courier delivery service (Manitoba as far as I am aware, maybe others).

I found this out the hard way when I ordered some gummies and I received an email receipt which said ‘delivered’. And it was. To a post office.

As I no longer drive and don’t know anyone in Nova Scotia, I can’t get my paid for product. I called Canada Post, informed them that I am disabled, no longer drive and do not know anyone in the province. A supervisor is going to call on Monday with a resolution.

I tried placing orders on BC, Alberta and NS websites and none of them mention redirection or non delivery.

So it’s like pre-legalization all over again; the only way to get mail to door delivery is via the black market. And this is b/c of the postal carrier’s union.

Tom

That's a lazy and terrible solution.

Sorry for your troubles.

I only tried online ordering b/c the NS Liquor corp didn’t carry the edible I wanted (a hard candy, kinda lemony Halls). I checkd when I woke up today and they be in stock at the government store. So there’s that if I ‘must’ have them.

Went online and ordered some BM gummies. I don’t feel sketched out buying like this as the dispensary provides links to lab test results.

Tom

I only tried online ordering b/c the NS Liquor corp didn’t carry the edible I wanted (a hard candy, kinda lemony Halls). I checkd when I woke up today and they be in stock at the government store. So there’s that if I ‘must’ have them.

Went online and ordered some BM gummies. I don’t feel sketched out buying like this as the dispensary provides links to lab test results.

Tom
I was referring to the governments mandatory vaccine expansion as lazy and terrible, not you my man!

Thanks for the info anyhow.

Government always has an answer to these things. Often times it's far from a solution.

I remember when COVID first hit, I carried a roll of toilet paper with me. NOt because I had to shit, but if I were stopped, I would have an answer, oh well, I was just taking this toilet paper to a friend. It may temporarily stop things, but we're sneaky creatures.

Government always has an answer to these things. Often times it's far from a solution.

I remember when COVID first hit, I carried a roll of toilet paper with me. NOt because I had to shit, but if I were stopped, I would have an answer, oh well, I was just taking this toilet paper to a friend. It may temporarily stop things, but we're sneaky creatures.

that's one way to look busy...

:cool:

My message to our neighbors to the North. Don't steal my pot, it's all I got.

Get some seeds and grow or something. That's why I started making brews to ferment. Because they had shut down our liquor stores which are conveniently owned by the state. Now I make alcohol far better than anything you can get in a store. But I'm not taking out a damned loan to start a business. Not when crypto. you get my point.

My message to our neighbors to the North. Don't steal my pot, it's all I got.

Get some seeds and grow or something. That's why I started making brews to ferment. Because they had shut down our liquor stores which are conveniently owned by the state. Now I make alcohol far better than anything you can get in a store. But I'm not taking out a damned loan to start a business. Not when crypto. you get my point.

i still wanna brew some of my own beer....im like partially setup for it but never followed through with it because i kinda don't have the space at the moment...and i'd need a kegerator because im not bottling 50 beers that looks like a nightmare

how much are you brewing at a time?

my mash is 5 gallons which is 5lbs cracked corn, 2lbs malted barley, 5lbs sugar, water, and yeast.

Get a stovetop pot still for 5 gallons and make yourself some good liquor. Less space to bottle, reuse mason jars, and junk.

I'm thinking of getting another pail for making beer. But those ingredients are all prepackaged and junk specific for beer making. My corn is from a pet feed store. BUt you can get a big bag of cracked corn (not recommended for beer) 50lbs for dirt cheap at a feed supply chain. @Mr. Krinkle

Another bottling route for beer is growlers. You only need 5 of those for a 5 gallon brew.

i only drink beer - no liquor for krinky....unless it's some real deal mexican tequila - i'll have some of that for sure

how long does an un-opened growler last? like 2 weeks?

I dunno man. Kind of depends on how good the beer is.

There's a lot of craft brewers out there with good beer to buy. Making it is a work of love.

There's a lot of microdistilleries out there that are doing it wrong. Which is the market i'm in .

I dunno man. Kind of depends on how good the beer is.

There's a lot of craft brewers out there with good beer to buy. Making it is a work of love.

There's a lot of microdistilleries out there that are doing it wrong. Which is the market i'm in .

yup - there's so much good beer to buy for me where i am, that brewing gets a lower priority

i'd rather grow more weed if i have more space :cool:

i only drink beer - no liquor for krinky....unless it's some real deal mexican tequila - i'll have some of that for sure

how long does an un-opened growler last? like 2 weeks?
When I was buying growlers and getting them filled up at the store, they recommended storage in the fridge and consumption w/in 2 weeks. About 1 week if you crack the bottle open when you get home.

Homebrewed growler? About the same unless you can somehow pasteurize your growler.

Bottling homebrew is not a hassle if you have everything lined up and a good capper. I’ve had home bottled beers lasting for ~4 months.

Tom

Last edited:
Alright I will admit that the justification is ridiculous. You got no hand sanitizers over there or those wet wipes. Because that’s how we get by here. Those little electronic signature things that the couriers use are either cleaned and doused in hand sanitiser or sealed in cling wrap. Third world solutions to first world problems.

This reminds me a bit of when this pandemic first started i.e. people sanitising their groceries if delivered to the door by the store.

I’ve a feeling this isn’t a thread I want to be subscribed to! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
When I was buying growlers and getting them filled up at the store, they recommended storage in the fridge and consumption w/in 2 weeks. About 1 week of you crack the bottle open when you get home.

Homebrewed growler? About the same unless you can somehow pasteurize your growler.

Bottling homebrew is not a hassle if you have everything lined up and a good capper. I’ve had ho,e bottled beers lasting for ~4 months.

Tom

when i used to get growlers filled at the brewery, once i opened it and had a beer, it would be on the flatter side 24 hours later...so i would have to drink the whole thing in 1 day, which is why i retired from growler fills...

i usually drink 2 beers a day now - that's it - im a lightweight :spinning:

One direction I'd like to try is making seltzers or hard sodas. But seltzer costs don't make it justifiable. So back to square one. lol