• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Quaaludes what are they like

We used to call Quaaludes “a six pack in a pill”. Shortly after taking one you felt like you slammed a six pack of beer. A wonderful drug for me and really, much better than some of the things available today. They were euphoric and fun. However most of my usage was from ages 16 to 22. I have not seen methaqualone since those years. My friend who lived across the street had a grandfather who was a pharmacist. And for years we got Seconal and ludes until 1980. They would be prescribed to my friend’s mother, who was the daughter of the pharmacist. That was when doctor started prescribing benzos instead of these more recreational downers. I could still feel our hearts drop. But benzos have their fans today.

I believe what I had was prescription Rorer as well as Lemon 714’s. Later on when I lived in Houston Texas in the early 1980s I was able to get Mandrax from Mexico. Still good but not as potent as the original Ludes. It wasn’t till years later I found out Mandrax also had diphenhydramine in it. I’m glad I didn’t know it when I was taking it because I hate that drug ha ha.
Do u think the wolf of Wall Street make ludes seem like a super drug when in fact they're just like every other downer? Ya think someone who has experience with benzodiazepines would be disappointed if they tried some lemon 714's?

I liked etaqualone ok. It was too expensive per dose to be anything other than just something to try.

Do u think the wolf of Wall Street make ludes seem like a super drug when in fact they're just like every other downer? Ya think someone who has experience with benzodiazepines would be disappointed if they tried some lemon 714's?
I like valium relaxation alot, are they any better?

Compared to valium clonaz or Xanax. How different are they?
Well it wasn't different enough from benzos or barbiturates to warrant getting more than a few grams to play with.

It was nice, but a dose is like a third of a gram so not cost effective.

Compared to valium clonaz or Xanax. How different are they?
Compared to vaped Etizolam its way more in your face. The best comparison I can give.

Etaqualone was instant laying on your back overwhelmed in some sort of downer euphoria. More intens then Temazepam.
With an abrupt drop off and back to reality.

While benzo's even the short ones linger. It also seemed to lack amnesiac effect's. I was totally aware just paralyzed.

Last edited:
Compared to vaped Etizolam its way more in your face. The best comparison I can give.

Etaqualone was instant laying on your back overwhelmed in some sort of downer euphoria. More intens then Temazepam.
With an abrupt drop off and back to reality.

While benzo's even the short ones linger. It seemed to lack amnesiac effect's. I was totally aware just paralyzed.
Ahhhh doesn't sound as fun as they depict em on the film xd

Lemon 714’s

That's what they took in Wolf of Wall Street out of date ones so they thought they wasn't working and took more fucking hilarious

mandrax is one of the most used drugs here in southern africa

I came onto this thread to say they're only available in South Africa

They banned manufacture because o-toludine a solvent in the synthetic pathway was giving chemists bladder cancer

Fuck!

I want to try them, I first heard the word Lude in the film Up in Smoke with Cheech and Chong, but it wasn't till I'd seen Wolf of Wall Street then seen Up in Smoke again that I understood what a Lude was lol

Benzos don't relax me I don't get high off them one bit so I'd be interested to see how they compare

especially with alcohol. Crazy behavior, blackouts.
Yeppers.
Was gonna say much like a heavy benzo with alcohol already added. But then it was "normal" to drink with them so ya either sat in a corner and kinda blurred off, passed out or on yer way to the pokey and resisting this. lol Got locked up for a while and when I got out they werent around anymore in US but iirc they are still available in some countries.
If I had em in hand today? Not sure I could afford to be "gone" for a coupla days. Too much shit to do these days.

Last edited:
I think Hollywood and any filming industry will try and dramatize anything and everything. Of course everything comes down to opinion. But the term "downer" can go a lot of places. People consider benzos downers. When I think about it they are anti anxiety/anti seizure meds. Yet without a doubt people love them.

It is my own opinion that they are not like any other downer though. And I would like to believe in a double blind test most could discern between other sedatives. I believe most people, even benzo heads would appreciate them. But my really big wish for us BL'ers is someday we can go to a buffet of drugs and pick and choose what we want to test. :) Then we won't just have people telling us their own tastes. (hey I can dream eh?) There are lots of drugs I would love to try that I probably never will.

I do remember doing them in high school. I would take a lude before homeroom and then the first few classes stumble around as if drunk and feel sedated. By lunchtime most would wear off. So it is not a long buzz. Just hits fast and feels like alcohol. I believe Rorers were floating around more than Lemons but both were the same.

I only saw the Wolf Of Wall Street once. But Scarface a millions. Tony Montana: "Let her go let her go, another quaalude and she gonna love me again."

Last edited:
I think Hollywood and any filming industry will try and dramatize anything and everything. Of course everything comes down to opinion. But the term "downer" can go a lot of places. People consider benzos downers. When I think about it they are anti anxiety/anti seizure meds. Yet without a doubt people love them.

It is my own opinion that they are not like any other downer though. And I would like to believe in a double blind test most could discern between other sedatives. I believe most people, even benzo heads would appreciate them. But my really big wish for us BL'ers is someday we can go to a buffet of drugs and pick and choose what we want to test. :) Then we won't just have people telling us their own tastes. (hey I can dream eh?) There are lots of drugs I would love to try that I probably never will.

I do remember doing them in high school. I would take a lude before homeroom and then the first few classes stumble around as if drunk and feel sedated. By lunchtime most would wear off. So it is not a long buzz. Just hits fast and feels like alcohol. I believe Rorers were floating around more than Lemons but both were the same.

I only saw the Wolf Of Wall Street once. But Scarface a millions. Tony Montana: "Let her go let her go, another quaalude and she gonna love me again."
You know, you just reminded me of a guy in his 50s I met in rehab. Since you might know I live in Perú, well the guy once told me that in the 80s when he was an adolescent. His dad was a Physician and he recalls that whenever his father drank in his office, he always had 10 gram bottles of pharmaceutical cocaine hydrochloride crystals from the ministry of health( his dad was a well reknown Doctor in the city). My rehab buddy says he used to sneak in his dad's office and grab half a gram or a gram. He says he didn't need more, the stuff was from out of this world he told me. Couple bumps on each nose and a wave of pure euphoria would electrify his body, it was almost sexual he recalls, the drip felt awesome and it would numb his face but not that much. It would last 30-45 mins each redose and it felt like putting butter up there, the comedown was nonexistent. He says up until the late 80s he saw those magic bottles.
I have checked all the list of medicines in the website of the national health system and indeed it says there are 10g cocaine vials even with the price,(which is very high for perus standard) I've never seen one but I've heard from multiple oldschool people the existence of this treasure. I hope one day I'll be able to see one 😎👹💯

Ahhhh doesn't sound as fun as they depict em on the film xd
Well I was glad In my possession was only a gram as it was a very fiending substance although you could only dose once in a while.

But comparing it to GHB which is also quite in your face. It was above that. Not because it has any entactogenic effect's just cause of its instant downer euphoria.

Well I was glad In my possession was only a gram as it was a very fiending substance although you could only dose once in a while.

But comparing it to GHB which is also quite in your face. It was above that. Not because it has any entactogenic effect's just cause of its instant downer euphoria.
Mhmmm, interesting. I'm more of a Downer person than a stimulant person myself. I've never tried GHB but from whst I've read I don't think I'd like it really+ I heard it has a foul taste, yuck! but those pills seem quite good to try one day.

We used to call Quaaludes “a six pack in a pill”. Shortly after taking one you felt like you slammed a six pack of beer. A wonderful drug for me and really, much better than some of the things available today. They were euphoric and fun. However most of my usage was from ages 16 to 22. I have not seen methaqualone since those years. My friend who lived across the street had a grandfather who was a pharmacist. And for years we got Seconal and ludes until 1980. They would be prescribed to my friend’s mother, who was the daughter of the pharmacist. That was when doctor started prescribing benzos instead of these more recreational downers. I could still feel our hearts drop. But benzos have their fans today.

I believe what I had was prescription Rorer as well as Lemon 714’s. Later on when I lived in Houston Texas in the early 1980s I was able to get Mandrax from Mexico. Still good but not as potent as the original Ludes. It wasn’t till years later I found out Mandrax also had diphenhydramine in it. I’m glad I didn’t know it when I was taking it because I hate that drug ha ha.
I have a friend that took ludes in the mid and late 1970s like you he described them as making him feel extremely drunk, and there was some euphoria but it was more akin to feeling very drunk, like almost on the verge of blacking out drunk but from a tablet.

If he smoked pot on them everything would slow down, and combining them with alcohol led to blackouts. He liked taking pharmaceutical grade methamphetamines or black beauties, Dexedrine capsules, or cocaine with ludes as otherwise he would eventually pass out and sleep.

Mhmmm, interesting. I'm more of a Downer person than a stimulant person myself. I've never tried GHB but from whst I've read I don't think I'd like it really+ I heard it has a foul taste, yuck! but those pills seem quite good to try one day.
A pill will probably feel a lot better, more gradual come up. So less chance of being knocked of your ass.

I regret not taking a 300/ 350 mg oral dose (the dose in Ethinazone), as it would probably be the closest to Qualude I would ever get.

Btw its not the taste (GHB = salt/ GBL like paint stripper) that should put you off. The dose response curve is what is the most dangerous about it. That and combo's with Alcohol, Opiod's and other downer's. That is where the danger lies.

Last edited:
We have some quaaludes around sold as research chemicals, as long as you are ok with taking something which skipped the animal tests right to humans, they might be for you. I don't know about the legal situation in the states though, fuck these analog laws and blanket bans growing around the world like mushrooms.

I'm curious about quaaludes as well, my hopes aren't so high since I don't like benzos unless used to stop anxiety but zolpidem was nice so GABA certainly has something to offer. Maybe I'm going to get some.

From what I understand, all of the Quaalude analogues in the RC scene are inferior to the original methaqualone. Less euphoric/more dangerous. But I have only tried mebroqualone, and not in a high enough dose, it was pretty subtle.

Benzos are way less intoxicating and euphoric from what I have ever heard anyone say who has tried both.

Most people I know who have tried quaaludes say they were awesome, quite euphoric and fun, and really miss them. A few people say they weren't very euphoric. Everyone says they were strong as fuck.

They stopped making them because people started to love them and they became a popular recreational drug and there were quite a few deaths, largely from combining them with other downers.