• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Quaaludes what are they like

Took quite a few in the 70s. A lot like benzos, only worse-- especially with alcohol. Crazy behavior, blackouts. Not a drug I'd recommend.

Took quite a few in the 70s. A lot like benzos, only worse-- especially with alcohol. Crazy behavior, blackouts. Not a drug I'd recommend.
Really sounds like a would be a nightmare on them any idea why they stopped making them

We used to call Quaaludes “a six pack in a pill”. Shortly after taking one you felt like you slammed a six pack of beer. A wonderful drug for me and really, much better than some of the things available today. They were euphoric and fun. However most of my usage was from ages 16 to 22. I have not seen methaqualone since those years. My friend who lived across the street had a grandfather who was a pharmacist. And for years we got Seconal and ludes until 1980. They would be prescribed to my friend’s mother, who was the daughter of the pharmacist. That was when doctor started prescribing benzos instead of these more recreational downers. I could still feel our hearts drop. But benzos have their fans today.

I believe what I had was prescription Rorer as well as Lemon 714’s. Later on when I lived in Houston Texas in the early 1980s I was able to get Mandrax from Mexico. Still good but not as potent as the original Ludes. It wasn’t till years later I found out Mandrax also had diphenhydramine in it. I’m glad I didn’t know it when I was taking it because I hate that drug ha ha.

Last edited:
6 pack in a pill hahaThey sound fun but a bit unpredictable how come they stopped making them

We used to call Quaaludes “a six pack in a pill”. Shortly after taking one you felt like you slammed a six pack of beer. A wonderful drug for me and really, much better than some of the things available today. They were euphoric and fun. However most of my usage was from ages 16 to 22. I have not seen methaqualone since those years. My friend who lived across the street had a grandfather who was a pharmacist. And for years we got Seconal and ludes until 1980. They would be prescribed to my friend’s mother, who was the daughter of the pharmacist. That was when doctor started prescribing benzos instead of these more recreational downers. I could still feel our hearts drop. But benzos have their fans today.

I believe what I had was prescription Rorer as well as Lemon 714’s. Later on when I lived in Houston Texas in the early 1980s I was able to get Mandrax from Mexico. Still good but not as potent as the original Ludes. It wasn’t till years later I found out Mandrax also had diphenhydramine in it. I’m glad I didn’t know it when I was taking it because I hate that drug ha ha.
Are they like benzos ?

Not at all. Way more like alcohol than benzos. They also wore off after a few hours. I see why they took it off the market it was just too fun of a downer. Can’t have fun now being as puritanical as our society is.

Not at all. Way more like alcohol than benzos. They also wore off after a few hours. I see why they took it off the market it was just too fun of a downer. Can’t have fun now being as puritanical as our society is.
I wish they were about today they sound pretty dope

We have some quaaludes around sold as research chemicals, as long as you are ok with taking something which skipped the animal tests right to humans, they might be for you. I don't know about the legal situation in the states though, fuck these analog laws and blanket bans growing around the world like mushrooms.

I'm curious about quaaludes as well, my hopes aren't so high since I don't like benzos unless used to stop anxiety but zolpidem was nice so GABA certainly has something to offer. Maybe I'm going to get some.

We have some quaaludes around sold as research chemicals, as long as you are ok with taking something which skipped the animal tests right to humans, they might be for you. I don't know about the legal situation in the states though, fuck these analog laws and blanket bans growing around the world like mushrooms.

I'm curious about quaaludes as well, my hopes aren't so high since I don't like benzos unless used to stop anxiety but zolpidem was nice so GABA certainly has something to offer. Maybe I'm going to get some.
I live in the UK where they have banned all research chems I use to use them mainly psychedelics such as 1plsd and mxp

I live in the UK where they have banned all research chems I use to use them mainly psychedelics such as 1plsd and mxp
Yeah I know about the UK... They want to do similar in Holland :( and in Germany while a blanket ban isn't possible due to constitution if I'm right but they ban substance groups like ACH dissos. Switzerland too has a blanket afaik. It sucks.

Even here in Mexico, if they see it's substance either from the customs label or from opening it, they want clearing papers shit which a simple person can't get (maybe paying the customs would help, didn't try that yet)

Yeah I know about the UK... They want to do similar in Holland :( and in Germany while a blanket ban isn't possible due to constitution if I'm right but they ban substance groups like ACH dissos. Switzerland too has a blanket afaik. It sucks.

Even here in Mexico, if they see it's substance either from the customs label or from opening it, they want clearing papers shit which a simple person can't get (maybe paying the customs would help, didn't try that yet)
Yea there was a big problem with spice synthetic cannabinoids in the UK as well as mkat so I think they thought enoughs enough which I was gutted as I was making my way through the psychedelic research chems I'm glad spice isn't as prominent nowdays tho as that killed a lot of people and had physical withdrawal and 14 year olds were addicted to it thinking it's like cannabis

Basically, it's probably the only drug related reason I would feel envious of Syd Barrett nowadays.

Envy is wrong anyway. But i'd rather be dreamt out on qualade addiction vs Etizolam.

Experience wise. It's surely a more damaging path to venture down fully though, personality destruction and difficulty to rehabilitate.

Quaaludes aren't about these days what affect did they use to give people
If you really want to know the effects of Quaaludes...Watch The /wolf of Wall Street, or fast-forward to the parts where DiCaprio and Jonah Hill take several. Best part of the movie, imo. I fucking laughed so hard my stomach hurt. Great acting!!!

Yea there was a big problem with spice synthetic cannabinoids in the UK as well as mkat so I think they thought enoughs enough which I was gutted as I was making my way through the psychedelic research chems I'm glad spice isn't as prominent nowdays tho as that killed a lot of people and had physical withdrawal and 14 year olds were addicted to it thinking it's like cannabid
If you really want to know the effects of Quaaludes...Watch The /wolf of Wall Street, or fast-forward to the parts where DiCaprio and Jonah Hill take several. Best part of the movie, imo. I fucking laughed so hard my stomach hurt. Great acting!!!

Fucking loved that film both great actors

So I remember that scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High where Jeff Spicoli was driving the Trans Am saying “people on Ludes should not drive”. 1982 it was like the tail end of the Quaalude. I think it was the Wolf of Wall Street where I saw that word surface again

Last edited:
mandrax is one of the most used drugs here in southern africa.
personally i enjoy the feeling of not giving a fuck about anything for the moment after taking a hit. calms you da f out
but it destroying many of our peoples

Etaqualone, which was a prescription drug in France, gave an intense downer rush when smoked/ vaporized. And vaperized not only well, it tasted nice.

Just because of the large amount needed for an oral dose it was pretty un-economical. So I didn't go that way after a probably 150 mg oral test dose. Which was hardly noticeable for me or un-noticable.

But on a bed of weed a medium sized bump was euphorically intens. Knock out style so be sure you can lay down immediately. It came on fast too, before the THC for sure. Within seconds.