• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Quaaludes what are they like

Currently, most people who use methaqualone in South Africa do so via inhalation. The route of administration (ROA) should be adjusted for if comparing experiences and effects. I know very few people who consume methaqualone orally, intentionally. With limited quantitative data on chemical composition of illicit methaqualone pills, it's not possible to know what the concentration of methaqualone is (pills ranging from 1 - 1.5 g in total weight). While both benzodiazepines and methaqaulone have sedative properties, it's the ROA that allows for the rapid depressant effects of methaqualone when consumed via inhalation. In my experience, consuming methaqualone via inhalation (and combined with cannabis) produces substantially more rapid depressant effects than benzodiazepines in South Africa. It would also be important to consider the dosage of methaqualone/benzodiazepines.

Interestingly, and even throughout various COVID-19 lockdowns, we found a geographical spread across the country and identified its use in places previously not known. Our study, and data from the South African Epidemiological Network on Drug Use (SACENDU), suggests an the prevalence of methaqualone use in South Africa is increasing, particularly among a younger demographic.

Last edited:
Etaqualone(sp?), mebroqualone(sp?), and methylmethaqualone have been available as rc's on and off for a decade and noone has been blown away by any of them....

I remember hearing that methylmethaqualone had a tendency to cause seizures back when it first became available too.

More like Soma.... We used to have a Girl come and visit on weekends and She would bring bunches.... Gorilla Buscuits.... Then Came Mandrax after the Lemmon and Rorer's disappeared.. Oh The 80's....
I never experienced euphoria from soma, they kinda made me feel like a blank sheet of paper

Quaaludes on the other hand were quite euphoric
as long as you didnt re-dose ...

In South Africa it is crushed an mixed with weed or tobacco. It acts as a heavy sedative knocking people to sleep after a massive hit. Meth and coke head use this to sleep a comedown off

Methaqualone felt, to me, closer to alcohol, ghb, and to some extent, pregabalin, than it did to benzos. For me that wasn't such a good thing, I was never someone who got crazy euphoria from ghb or soma and I don't even like alcohol that much. Didn't get much euphoria to speak of from methaqualone either. I'm of the mindset that nostalgia and rarity has overhyped them. I remember my first benzo experiences as being the most euphoric things ever, but revisiting benzos they never live up to the hype. I guess you just never forget your first GABAergic eh

I think there is also a strong element of "everyone reacts differently to drugs". I have never gotten any euphoria at all from benzos, first time or any other time. To me they're purely utility drugs and not recreational. But alcohol can be very euphoric for me, and GHB is one of the most pleasurable and euphoric drugs I've ever done, and I get out of control on it worse than opiates. And pregabalin is also one of the most euphoric drugs for me.