• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Purifying fentadope

gibberish-noise

Bluelighter
Searched the internet and bluelight, neither of which were helpful. I'm looking for a solvent in which fentanyl is NOT soluble. I'll let the powder air dry, then dissolve in water and filter out the water-insolubles.

What solvent will wash fentanyl? Thanks in advance.

what type of fentadope is it? Tar? Brown powder? Pills?
Dull not bright white powder, not sure the exact colour as my eyesight isn't too good. Comes in the stamps sold as heroin but I tested it and it's negative for dope, positive for fentanyl.

I haven't looked this up for awhile, but I believe most fentanyl analogues can be dissolved in alcohol, but it really depends on which fentanyl analogue it is. It's very doubtful it's truly fentanyl, but an analogue.

most fent analogues are not water soluble, but some fentanyl salts are

do you know what the cut is?

@Negentropic no idea which analogue, the strips don't differentiate. No idea about the cut, either. I'm assuming the fent is in salt form, so then alcohol (any?) would be a no go.

How sure are you that there is any heroin in this dope? Might be a bit of a wild goose chase.
Also whatever you end up using to extract the fent i would make sure to dispose of carefully (ideally you would leave it with the solvent so you aren't dealing with pure fent).

Finally i would be prepared for incomplete extraction of the fent, wouldn't want to of due to a false sense of security (as extractions using varied solubilities aren't really a bulletproof way to get 100% removal unless you do multiple washes (which will increase waste).

How sure are you that there is any heroin in this dope? Might be a bit of a wild goose chase.
Also whatever you end up using to extract the fent i would make sure to dispose of carefully (ideally you would leave it with the solvent so you aren't dealing with pure fent).

Finally i would be prepared for incomplete extraction of the fent, wouldn't want to of due to a false sense of security (as extractions using varied solubilities aren't really a bulletproof way to get 100% removal unless you do multiple washes (which will increase waste).
There is none, which I stated above in a reply to Negentropic. Tested negative for heroin on all 8 reagents, or perhaps I'm just illiterate in interpreting results. Strips are easier - one line or two, not much to confuse there - and resulted positive for fent.

My aim is to get rid of some of the cut (all is unrealistic, and as you said, wasteful) to be left with higher purity fent. The soluble cut will dissolve into the solvent, leaving insoluble cut and fent behind. This of course assumes the fent is water soluble and the solvent is anhydrous. My question is: what solvent will do?

There is none, which I stated above in a reply to Negentropic. Tested negative for heroin on all 8 reagents, or perhaps I'm just illiterate in interpreting results. Strips are easier - one line or two, not much to confuse there - and resulted positive for fent.

My aim is to get rid of some of the cut (all is unrealistic, and as you said, wasteful) to be left with higher purity fent. The soluble cut will dissolve into the solvent, leaving insoluble cut and fent behind. This of course assumes the fent is water soluble and the solvent is anhydrous. My question is: what solvent will do?
Do you have the means to perform an acid base extraction? This is one of the better ways to pull alkaloids out of a solution as it separates both hydrophillic and hydrophobic ingredients.

Dissolve your sample in acidic water(hcl would be best), add equal amounts of a non polar solvent (ie petroleum naptha). Basify by adding drops of sodium hydroxide solution and mix thouroughly. Fent should be in the basic phase, which you can separate and evaporate.

Would be best to do this to a decent amount because some losses are inevitable. Also use good hygiene, wear gloves and try to not contaminate your surfaces with fentanyl.

An epa fact sheet says that fentanyl is degraded by bleach buffered to pH of 5 or lower (fentanyl has low solubility in high pH aqueous solvents. Be careful acidifying bleach as it releases chlorine and other nasty gasses).

Do you have the means to perform an acid base extraction? This is one of the better ways to pull alkaloids out of a solution as it separates both hydrophillic and hydrophobic ingredients.

Dissolve your sample in acidic water(hcl would be best), add equal amounts of a non polar solvent (ie petroleum naptha). Basify by adding drops of sodium hydroxide solution and mix thouroughly. Fent should be in the basic phase, which you can separate and evaporate.

Would be best to do this to a decent amount because some losses are inevitable. Also use good hygiene, wear gloves and try to not contaminate your surfaces with fentanyl.

An epa fact sheet says that fentanyl is degraded by bleach buffered to pH of 5 or lower (fentanyl has low solubility in high pH aqueous solvents. Be careful acidifying bleach as it releases chlorine and other nasty gasses).
Thank you for your detailed reply. Perhaps someone else will put it to good use. Unfortunately, I cannot - the most I can do is a simple wash, much like @Le Junk's technique for cocaine but with a solvent suited for fentanyl (which would be...?). I've got about a gram, of which are 300mg fent total (if I'm lucky) and losses are unavoidable. But the final product will be much easier to ingest due to lower powder volume, so I will accept those losses and do my best to minimise them.

Thank you for your detailed reply. Perhaps someone else will put it to good use. Unfortunately, I cannot - the most I can do is a simple wash, much like @Le Junk's technique for cocaine but with a solvent suited for fentanyl (which would be...?). I've got about a gram, of which are 300mg fent total (if I'm lucky) and losses are unavoidable. But the final product will be much easier to ingest due to lower powder volume, so I will accept those losses and do my best to minimise them.
What route are you planning on taking this by? Possibly could bypass the filler issue by using a different route.

It should be soluble in slightly acidic water, that could at least separate out hydrophobic cuts (though it would be pretty stupid to cut a drug that is snorted/injected with a hydrophobic cut).

I think the range of possible compounds you could be dealing with complicates things. Adding to that not knowing what specific salt you are dealing with (base fent would likely not dissolve as well in water, so you could assume it is some kind of salt) even brings things further into the weeds. I'm having a hard time finding the solubility of fentanyl citrate on pubchem.

I really don't think this extraction is a great undertaking. If it was a safer compound I'd say go for washing with a random solvent such as acetone and keep both the soluble and insoluble fractions and test both out. Idk i can't help but feel purifying fent is a harm-increasing activity.

What route are you planning on taking this by? Possibly could bypass the filler issue by using a different route.

It should be soluble in slightly acidic water, that could at least separate out hydrophobic cuts (though it would be pretty stupid to cut a drug that is snorted/injected with a hydrophobic cut).

I think the range of possible compounds you could be dealing with complicates things. Adding to that not knowing what specific salt you are dealing with (base fent would likely not dissolve as well in water, so you could assume it is some kind of salt) even brings things further into the weeds. I'm having a hard time finding the solubility of fentanyl citrate on pubchem.

I really don't think this extraction is a great undertaking. If it was a safer compound I'd say go for washing with a random solvent such as acetone and keep both the soluble and insoluble fractions and test both out. Idk i can't help but feel purifying fent is a harm-increasing activity.
I plan to IV it. Here the dope is usually insufflated or injected, so the cut will likely be water soluble. Yes, Pubchem was unsurprsingly useless on this matter, which is why I posted this thread.

If I knew what purity this was and could remove the cut, I'd be able to make my own nasal spray and titrate it. Or if chemicals and equipment weren't so restricted, I could do an A/B extraction myself. But because it's unregulated, I assume it's lower purity and take more. With washed gear, I'll know it's better and take less - so less water is needed (thus lower probability of blowing through a vein) and less foreign substance going in my body. We can agree to disagree as to the harms. If I can't find a way to purify it, I'll slam it as is.

How would you suggest testing the soluble part? To my knowledge acetone is harmful. If I could use a nondenatured alcohol, simply drink it - but Negentropic says fent is soluble in alcohol?

I plan to IV it. Here the dope is usually insufflated or injected, so the cut will likely be water soluble. Yes, Pubchem was unsurprsingly useless on this matter, which is why I posted this thread.

If I knew what purity this was and could remove the cut, I'd be able to make my own nasal spray and titrate it. Or if chemicals and equipment weren't so restricted, I could do an A/B extraction myself. But because it's unregulated, I assume it's lower purity and take more. With washed gear, I'll know it's better and take less - so less water is needed (thus lower probability of blowing through a vein) and less foreign substance going in my body. We can agree to disagree as to the harms. If I can't find a way to purify it, I'll slam it as is.

How would you suggest testing the soluble part? To my knowledge acetone is harmful. If I could use a nondenatured alcohol, simply drink it - but Negentropic says fent is soluble in alcohol?
If you would use acetone you could evaporate it on a glass and then scrape up the residue. I wouldn't inject acetone, but people have used it for salvinorin a tinctures successfully.

Have you considered plugging? Cuts taken in that route would be less harmful and you could make a liquid stock which would make hotspots less of an issue (and allow for titration over a few days). Of course plugging is complicated by the gi effects of opioids, so you may have to do more preparation than if you were not using opis.

If you would use acetone you could evaporate it on a glass and then scrape up the residue. I wouldn't inject acetone, but people have used it for salvinorin a tinctures successfully.

Have you considered plugging? Cuts taken in that route would be less harmful and you could make a liquid stock which would make hotspots less of an issue (and allow for titration over a few days). Of course plugging is complicated by the gi effects of opioids, so you may have to do more preparation than if you were not using opis.
Is fent insoluble in acetone? I don't think I'm communicating my idea well. I mean to wash the fent with a solvent in which the former is insoluble. Once the solvent (eg acetone) has evaporated from the washed fent, I'll dissolve it in water.

I have, thanks. I already plug a lot...my poor anus 😂

Why get rid of the fentanyl if there is no h in your dope?

Or do you want to have pure fentanyl for your own use?

I can input on chemistry if I understand the question a little better.. sorry I have not read the full thread perhaps this has been addressed already.

Edit: I see what you are trying to do. Does your dope completely dissolve in water?
You could try an anhydrous acetone wash on your dope. It might dissolve some cuts and leave your fent. You would want to have a large amount of product to try extract or clean. There are microscope amounts of fentanyl in that powder compared to the amount of cut.

Do you have experience acetone washing meth or Coke perhaps? Good technique will make a lot of difference especially with this substance as the active component you wish to keep is bolt small in size and of similar solubility properties compared to the components you want to discard of.

The fent analogue will be in salt form and I am willing to bet that most fent analogues are very similar in terms of solubility. You can basically treat this as fentanyl hydrochloride when you search for solubility properties in various solvents. It will make life easier.

Last edited:
Why get rid of the fentanyl if there is no h in your dope?

Or do you want to have pure fentanyl for your own use?

I can input on chemistry if I understand the question a little better.. sorry I have not read the full thread perhaps this has been addressed already.

Edit: I see what you are trying to do. Does your dope completely dissolve in water?
You could try an anhydrous acetone wash on your dope. It might dissolve some cuts and leave your fent. You would want to have a large amount of product to try extract or clean. There are microscope amounts of fentanyl in that powder compared to the amount of cut.

Do you have experience acetone washing meth or Coke perhaps? Good technique will make a lot of difference especially with this substance as the active component you wish to keep is bolt small in size and of similar solubility properties compared to the components you want to discard of.

The fent analogue will be in salt form and I am willing to bet that most fent analogues are very similar in terms of solubility. You can basically treat this as fentanyl hydrochloride when you search for solubility properties in various solvents. It will make life easier.
Thank you for your input. Yes, my goal is the latter.

It does dissolve in water. Would you say 2g of product suffices for a wash or is that an order of magnitude or several too few?

I've minimal experience washing coke.

There is no way your fentadope is 30% fentanyl OP, sorry (or 1g total with ~300mg fentanyl).

300mg fent is enough to kill about 6 elephants. I'm not sure you have the chemistry knowhow to be dealing with such a potentially dangerous product. Please can't you just toss/flush this shit and try a different source that has actual heroin in it.

Or you could dissolve the 1g in solution (water?) and snort small amounts until you're where you wanna be.

Take care.

The big issue I see with trying to extract just the fentanyl is, assuming you're successful, you now have a tiny .5-10mg(depending on how much product you extract from) dot of fentanyl. The end product is going to be nearly impossible to handle unless you're dissolving it in water, in which case I think volumetric dosing with the raw product would be a better option.

There is no way your fentadope is 30% fentanyl OP, sorry (or 1g total with ~300mg fentanyl).

300mg fent is enough to kill about 6 elephants. I'm not sure you have the chemistry knowhow to be dealing with such a potentially dangerous product. Please can't you just toss/flush this shit and try a different source that has actual heroin in it.

Or you could dissolve the 1g in solution (water?) and snort small amounts until you're where you wanna be.

Take care.
Now I have 2g. How much do you estimate it is then - 1% purity?

There is no other source, all the dope around here is straight up fentanyl.

I don't prefer intranasal ROA, but thank you for the suggestion. You as well.

Do you IV? Maybe you'd be better off putting it all in solution, filtering well, and dosing very small amounts until you know.

By putting it all in one solution you'd be at least avoiding hotspots which is the most dangerous thing about fentanyl.

It depends on the analogue that you have but 1-20mg could be right but who knows at the end of the day????