• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Pupil Dilation - Cures and Excuses

Not last time but the time before I had acid when i looked in the mirror, there wasnt any colour, seriously my pupil was taking up like 90% of the colour, then light starting shining out of my eye, was cool.

I have blue eyes so you can almost always tell. Kinda sucks as I could be off my face and act normal but I know my anime like eyes are going to tell on me.

^ Same the light blue against the black gives a very definitive line. However I find highly dilated blue eyes to look really cool. :D

Yes they did, as soon as I got out of my car a "drug recognition" officer came upto me and shined a flashlight in my eyes, and told me that I was high since my pupils were large, I denied it and they took me to the station to take a drug recognition test, which involved them measuring my pupils, blood pressure, my pulse and various motor vehicle tests like walking on the line

wut?

shit. didn't look at thread date

Yeah... I have really really light blue eyes... so when I trip I have gargantuan pupils with maybe 5-10% iris... What I find is really interesting is that whenever I'm tripping my pupils being huge isn't what really gives it away... It's that my pupils instantly become mirrors... all light shines off of them... people can literally check themselves out by using my eyes...

From the looks of the flash in the picture above... seems like I'm not the only one. :)

You could take a rather large dose of an opiate/iod which would contrict your pupils possibly balancing them out? How often do you come into contact with cops with dialated pupils (honestly)?

once...

driving while rolling, getting pulled over for a head light out....

he thought i was drinking (fuckin wrist band from the venue i was at before leaving), so he made me follow a little blue LED light on the end of a pen thing with my eyes....

he asked nothing about the size of my pupils, but then again i never get the blacked out disco pupils some get, sure my eyes dilate but with a pretty bright light source they still contract a bit....

i knew what he was looking for and managed to follow the light well enough without my eyes wiggling to get out of it....

i got really fucking lucky, he pulled me over litterally 15 feet from my drive way and i had told him i was comming from the city so i guess he assumed that i could make it the last 15 feet with 1 head light and just told me to get it fixed the next day.... i had to eat the bean i wanted to save because i was already up to 2, but the 2nd had not quite hit and when i saw the blue lights i ate the 3rd....

when i got into my house i called a friend, gave directions to my house to be picked up, and was rolling uncomfortably hard in my room until i got picked up....

as far as excuses, some types of visine dilate some peoples pupils temporarily (says so on the bottle)....

eye doctor

messed up blood sugar, i know diabetics who's pupils are always huge....

if it were a cop you could possibly try the "i am prescribed adderal and it dilates my pupils" im not sure how much they would try to argue with you about that though or ask for proof...

i don't know, never really was asked by my parents about it.... if my mom had said "your pupils are huge, are you on drugs?" i just would have said "well i can hardly see yours, lay off the vicoden and get back to me"

thankfully i never had to have that conversation....

* you just saw a ghost

* You are being possessed by a spirit

* You just had a flashback to a previous life as a psychopath.

See when you sound super crazy, people will leave you alone.

I have light blue eyes, and it seriously sucks. It is so obvious when I am fucked up both to friends, family and cops. My pupils dilate on methylphenidate(ritalin), speed, LSD, and MDMA.

I have only ever been pulled over once when I had MASSIVE pupils, I did not turn down my high beams (sigh, did not even realise they were on :) ) Probably about 2 hours passed the peak in an acid trip, should never have been driving!

I just used the excuse that "I have to take Ritalin for my ADHD" (which is a load of bullshit, I dont even have ADHD). I suppose the cop could have asked me for a prescription but he just let it go, did not even fine me for failing to turn down my high beams.

Excuses:

Ritalin for ADHD
Eye drops from optometrist
Eye drops from home
"Its dark"

"I smoke rock!!!" ;)
My trick is having fairly dilated pupils by default.

ebola

My trick is to just stay far enough away from people so they wouldnt really be able to notice.Obviously that wouldnt work for le but the only reason I would have to deal with the police is if they were randomly wandering around my woods or they came to my house and both of those cases are unlikely.

kinda weird/fortunate, ive tripped around family, friends, cops, and ive never been questioned. Idk what I would say, but I've always stayed pretty calm and collected and I kinda feel if you dont act like something's up, no one will think somethings up. My parents are incredibly strict and crazy but they dont ask to stare me in the eyes, so i suppose I just dont give direct glances except in dim light

HAS ANYBODY ACTUALLY HAD SUCCESS WITH OPIATES FOR ACID PUPILS? 10mg oxy didn't do much for meth pupils(already came down from it) unless there was much light around. In the dark I was still completely fucked. That was too fucking close...

do people really notice this. I never pay attention to the size of peoples pupils.

with light coloured pupils it is easier to notice them being dilated. I sometimes notice such things, and I suspect cops and secutiry at events looking for this might be even better at spotting them.

Maybe it's been said before, but sexual arousal can cause dilated pupils ;) "yes officer, your beating stick makes be horny"

Other than that, in general in discos and the like, it is already dark and people are agitated and pupils might be the least of ones concern.

Got hit by a car on MDMA once and had to go to the hospital.

My pupils were huge and I have blue eyes, I was asked and heard so many remarks about my pupils... every time someone asked I said to them that sometimes I just get large pupils. The worst part is that after an accident the pupils can tell if there was some kind of brain damage, so they always check if they constrict properly by flashing a light on your eyes.

* you just saw a ghost

* You are being possessed by a spirit

* You just had a flashback to a previous life as a psychopath.

See when you sound super crazy, people will leave you alone.

qft....except I'd go with something more like

"I'm chasing a long chain of synchronicities and am having revalations"

''I feel like everyone is playing a big joke on me''

"I have paranoid schizophrenia"

These 3 are actually true for me, but it would work well if your a good liar...

>>Last time I tripped, my pupils were expanding and contracting very quickly. Just sorta sitting there, pulsing.>>

Did a sober observer confirm this? ;)

ebola

I've watched my pupils change size in the mirror before but whether or not it would be as described as "very quickly" depends on what you mean by that... they were changing size (in an unchanging light level) fast enough you couldn't just see but you'd notice and they got bigger and smaller repeatedly and intentionally. I had been reading online about how our pupils increase in diameter when we see something we like and also as a mirrored response to the large pupils we're looking at - when they were at their smallest it was fairly easy to get some expansion by thinking of something pleasant or willing myself to just feel good and once I saw them begin expand they'd just effortlessly go all the way to the maximum level of dilation I could reach - getting them to constrict again was much harder. This is just random/off-topic, nothing useful for people trying to hide the effects of drugs as at the highest level of willful dilation they were no where near the size they get on E and overall the range in size (in a well lit bathroom) was not nearly as great as the range we speak of when drugs are involved.

...for a solution to the original posters question, I saw on wikipedia that adderall can cause dilated pupils but I'd think I'd notice with all the people on ADHD meds a few would be running around with saucer pupils and kind of doubt it causes the same extreme dilation we're talking about with E. Regardless, I was with my lady friend (who's pupils don't dilate nearly as much as mine and who's parents don't know she does E) hours after coming down when her mother took notice of my apparently still very large pupils and without even thinking about it I just told her it was called mydriasis and that it was a side effect from the adderall I was taking for my ADHD and she seemed to buy it. It's obviously not an excuse that would work with your own parents if you don't have ADHD or take adderall since they would know and I don't think it's a very good explanation for anyone who has some other good reasons for suspecting drugs, especially cops but for lack of a better explanation it may get you by in some situations. I'd still like something better personally... I'll try colored contacts but I wouldn't be comfortable unless I found some that were really close to the way my eyes normally look because I'm paranoid and think people would notice even though I can't remember the eye color of anyone I know.

Last edited: