Punk Fuckin Rock

no but jello biafra is a dickhead and i don't want to have much to do with him either. all those assholes take themselves so fucking seriously. i'll just listen to happy pop punk cuz at least those guys are just happy about getting drunk and a feel up at a party, really.

generation x on marc bolan's tv show 'marc'

and shit, this album might be the best punk album of all time (don't lie)

album-milo-goes-to-college.jpg

no but jello biafra is a dickhead and i don't want to have much to do with him either. all those assholes take themselves so fucking seriously. i'll just listen to happy pop punk cuz at least those guys are just happy about getting drunk and a feel up at a party, really.

right on. while i love punk rock, the whole scene turns me off. my raver hippie self cannot handle a bunch of whiney elitist assholes.

I do miss moshing at punk shows though.

love me some erica daking bloody screaming vocals
F-Minus - Sweating Blood

to each their own i guess, and i'm certainly not an authority on jello biafra, but his collaborations with the following bands all were great:
d.o.a.
the melvins
nomeansno
lard (w/ ministry)
tumor circus (w/steel pole bathtub)

also his lyrics always make me smirk. and i hate nothing more than fun poppy punk, because, well it might be fun and poppy, but it isn't punk.

what the hell makes punk 'punk'? being a dickhead? railing against authority? sorry, i get my political activism from places that aren't whiny, middle class teenage white boys. they have a notoriously hard time checking their privilege, and that makes it impossible for me to take them fucking seriously.

i didn't say jello biafra wasn't a good musician. his album with the melvins is one of my favourites. enchanted thoughtfist is an amazing song. he's just an asshole, and someone i'd never want to be around, ever. on the flip side. the clash writes political music and fun pop songs. and i'd like to hang out with paul simonon like no ones business <3 <3

the damned spend a lot of their time singing about sex and girls (and boys) and things that aren't fuck all authority. same with the Descendants, Adolescents, Buzzcocks, Ramones, Class of '77 etc etc.

the cover to Double Nickels on the Dime might be one of my favorite ever.

what the hell makes punk 'punk'? being a dickhead? railing against authority? sorry, i get my political activism from places that aren't whiny, middle class teenage white boys. they have a notoriously hard time checking their privilege, and that makes it impossible for me to take them fucking seriously.

i didn't say jello biafra wasn't a good musician. his album with the melvins is one of my favourites. enchanted thoughtfist is an amazing song. he's just an asshole, and someone i'd never want to be around, ever. on the flip side. the clash writes political music and fun pop songs. and i'd like to hang out with paul simonon like no ones business <3 <3

the damned spend a lot of their time singing about sex and girls (and boys) and things that aren't fuck all authority. same with the Descendants, Adolescents, Buzzcocks, Ramones, Class of '77 etc etc.

Errr... Well, yeah. Punk is about going against the grain and questioning authority. It always has been. I mean, it makes sense that if you like Clash, Ramones, and Descendants... you wouldnt like the more anarcho or politically charged bands. But just out of curiosity, what makes Jello Biafra a dick? He has always seemed like a really down to earth cool guy to me. He is a bit abrasive and definitely opinionated, but he is extremely intelligent and educated on all the issues he speaks out against. Also dont see where the middle class white boys comment came from either. It doesnt matter what your economic background or ethnic heritage is, but what you stand for and the kind of person you are today. I dont necessarily value a working class persons opinion over a white collar middle class persons.

I have no business being in this thread at all
Farewell punk rawkers

Propagandhi became so fucking godly I'm glad I never stopped following them. Failed States is pure fucking hardcore punk with touch of thrash and the lyrics are amazing, the last song Duplicate Keys Icaro is def about a DMT trip and questioning reality too.

Also, I've bought the reissues of Lagwagon's first 2 albums and those guys were so fucking awesome, perfect melodic hardcore punk (real melodic hardcore punk, not whatever came out past 97), it brings me back to my teenage years and that reminds me of how better things were for me then. Duh and Trashed are the most essential albums and their demos on Duh are the shit.

Another little known band called F.Y.P from Torrence, Calif (1988-2000) was also and still remains one of the best obnoxious skatecore/pop-punk (really depends on the songs/albums with those guys), they've done a few reunion shows but in places like San Antonio...still they were the first band I saw live at a Hell's Angel's bar basement called The Purgatory where I shouldn't have been ( I was 17) at their peak when Dance my Dunce came out in the 90's, people who know F.Y.P. and that album will agree with this with me.

Both last bands I mentioned started to be not so consistent when their original drummers left. Derrick for Lagwagon was a master at drums but heroin took him away,from life also eventually...

Bad Religion also wins at being the most consistent band from the original days with lyrics as smart as Propagandhi except more academical, if one knows Greg Graffin and what he does other than being the singer for BR, you'll know why.

Also Jello and his new band Guantanamo School of Medecine is fucking A. It is just like fucking Dead Kennedys never broke up, the musicians he put together really wanted to bring back their unique sound back. The Audacity of Hype is one of the best albums of the '00's easily. Electronic Plantation...it's what we all are now...

Fuck ska-punk in the dick. Except for a few songs by NOFX (which they now disregard as crap generally), and the hilarious Ska Sucks on Propagandhi's first album. People who were so into ska-punk in the 90's are those who suddenly switched to emo when it became trendy, anything but having any message but integrity, we just wanna party!

Skanks.

The Descendent's only good album "Milo Goes To College" has some (juvenile, but their heart was in the right place) angst btw. And their only good stuff since then took forever to come out as the 'Merican EP in 2004 or something. Too bad Milo is so obsessed with singing about girls all the time.

I'm Not A Loser is their best song.

I could name drop tons and tons of good shit, but I might as well give my soulseek ID and have some of you come talk to me ;)

To counter the best punk album from the 80's....it's impossible...I only see ties with :

dHY2JnI.jpg

nMYlEu5.jpg

9lxdbpr.jpg

Ljl7I6m.jpg

Last edited:
GOD I'VE LISTENED TO MILO GOES TO COLLEGE THREE TIMES TODAY FUCK THAT ALBUM IS SO FUCKING GOOD.

shflafhgjfhs just had overwhelming desire to listen to nothing but punk rock today, SUP SPRING WHAT'S GOING ON

Crass, Rudimentary Peni, Posion Girls, The Mob, Anthrax, Crucifix, Discharge, Subhumans, Amebix, Flux of Pink Indians, Zounds, Kulturkampf, Mischief Brew, Johnny Hobo, Conflict...mmmmmm punk.

Yeah i like punk it is what i grew up on, some bands i like:

Bad Religion
Ten Foot pole
Nomeansno
Dead Kennedys
Minor Threat
88 Fingers Louie
NOFX
Pennywise
old Offspring
Dead Fucking Last
DOA
Dayglo Abortions
Lagwagon
Propghandi
Descendents

How about some guttermouth? and i still listen to strung out

Gorilla Biscuits
Sham 69
Sex Pistols
Fugazi
Bad Brains
Cockney Rejects
Misfits
Social Distortion
Dropkick Murphy's (old)
Pennywise
Ramones
Dead Kennedy's
Butthole Surfers(old)
Rancid

Can't forget agnostic front. I wasn't that much into hardcore punk back in the day but i had tons of friends that were and they would drag me to show all of the time, CBGB was quite an experience.

Anybody likevthe lunachicks? Or lunachix i forget how to spell?

For a chik band they aint half bad

Lunachicks, the Trashwomen, deathrats, rats in the walls, bikini kill.. any punk band with female vocals, really.